***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Lets not get into unemployment there's a big mess with it. I think Biden is or signed a bill that allows employees to quit if they feel unsafe and collect unemployment. **** crazy.
Unemployment data is extremely skewed and this will make further cloud the data. I employment doesn't count for workforce dropouts and overcounts underemployed people.

to be fair the American lifestyle is also wild af.

people spend so much money on bs.

ig, and keeping up with the next brah and sah is toxic af. You waste so much money on crap you don’t need.
Liberal Conjecture and innuendo is the cause of this. Rusty out here pursuing da UNC 3s and 4s instead of pursuing boxing lessons when Ninja finally pays someone to touch him up.

In America every step you take cost money. It's real life monopoly. You have to pay to live.

$15/hr is still below the poverty line. You needed to make about $20/hr to be above the poverty line about a decade ago. Much higher now. Only way the American lifestyle can survive is if it is heavily subsidized.
That is not true. If someone is working 40 hrs a week at $15 they would be above the poverty line. The issue is when they have dependents. That usually pushes the household below it...
https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

That why proponents of the $15 minimum argue the policy will lift millions out of poverty.

ig, and keeping up with the next brah and sah is toxic af. You waste so much money on crap you don’t need.
Word. America built on consumerism. Build houses in the suburbs to sell cars, defacto subsidized builders and supply companies, create a market for selling uses supplies to the woman of the house and to the man so he can keep his square of grass cut and matching all his neighbors. We are born to shop til we drop.

Those of us growing up in the 90s were the most heavily marketed to humans ever. We have overload. But we're still buying toys. From apple and Google instead of Mattel.

Word. America built on consumerism. Build houses in the suburbs to sell cars, defacto subsidized builders and supply companies, create a market for selling uses supplies to the woman of the house and to the man so he can keep his square of grass cut and matching all his neighbors. We are born to shop til we drop.

Those of us growing up in the 90s were the most heavily marketed to humans ever. We have overload. But we're still buying toys. From apple and Google instead of Mattel.

exactly, I try my best not to buy into it. You can practice minimalism without being a hipster looking like they shop at ikea.

Truth man. America is nothing more than a marketers dream. Everything is within everyone’s price range. Live in shake but want a Gucci belt and Jordan’s, or buying a house knowing you can’t afford it in 6 months. People are wild. Got whole companies that run on people giving them money for nothing with these cash apps.

I’m sweating if I got more than 500 on my single credit card and mortgage isn’t more than paid 3 months in advance . Can’t imagine how these people living

Just so y’all see I ain’t faking the funk. If I can’t buy it, I don’t. If the money ain’t in the bank, then i don’t need it.
9871800A-4DF0-4EC6-86F0-4E860FD8F6F3.png

Last edited:
Pay or don't pay, it doesn't matter! Stay positive! Don't be a negative nancy! Trump is gone, and all is going to be better! He should not have bothered anyone in the first place! He is only affecting the negative people! If you are positive, what he did didn't matter! All of the people who died from covid, died because they believed that they've die from it! All of you Black people who are complaining about racism, stop being Black! Be in control! White people aren't all that bad! Just put the bad ones on ignore! Make NT great again! Biden is gonna look out for all americans!

Truth man. America is nothing more than a marketers dream. Everything is within everyone’s price range. Live in shake but want a Gucci belt and Jordan’s, or buying a house knowing you can’t afford it in 6 months. People are wild. Got whole companies that run on people giving them money for nothing with these cash apps.

I’m sweating if I got more than 500 on my single credit card and mortgage isn’t more than paid 3 months in advance . Can’t imagine how these people living

yep, just because you can afford a half million dollar house doesn’t mean you need it, just because you can get a Tesla doesn’t mean buy it.

the less hills you have the more free you are. I got a cheap *** house with a mis match kitchen. Oh well! I don’t have to work 4 months out of the year and idgaf because I’m not swimming in debt.

the more crap you accumulate the harder your life will be. You can still get a Gucci belt and a Tesla. Just do it when you got enough saved to pay the mortgage for a year. Ain’t no way you should be broke driving a new whip and living in a half million dollar house. You f’ed up somewhere along the way if that’s the case.

That is not true. If someone is working 40 hrs a week at $15 they would be above the poverty line. The issue is when they have dependents. That usually pushes the household below it...
https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

That why proponents of the $15 minimum argue the policy will lift millions out of poverty.

Let's be honest. You can't live comfortably in America on less than $2k /month.

Most housing wants your rent to be 1/3 of income.
If your take home is around $1600 a month where and what kind of place cost $500 a month.
Food, transportation expenses. Insurance, Entertainment.

This is not sustainable anywhere in America. You have to have a roommate or multiple jobs to live decently at $15/hr.

In today's economy, minimalism is a luxury. To be able to afford to downsize and live in open non cluttered space isn't something a $15/hr wage earner can do comfortably.

i know, I’m just talking to people who can’t make it or save off 80k a year in most places. I know plenty.

yes I know the Bay Area and San Diego and NYC.

some people will never have enough money because they have no self control.

Reactions: wr
yep, just because you can afford a half million dollar house doesn’t mean you need it, just because you can get a Tesla doesn’t mean buy it.

the less hills you have the more free you are. I got a cheap *** house with a mis match kitchen. Oh well! I don’t have to work 4 months out of the year and idgaf because I’m not swimming in debt.

the more crap you accumulate the harder your life will be. You can still get a Gucci belt and a Tesla. Just do it when you got enough saved to pay the mortgage for a year. Ain’t no way you should be broke driving a new whip and living in a half million dollar house. You f’ed up somewhere along the way if that’s the case.
1611430770747.jpeg

I’m happy I can go to the store and pick out as much cereal as I want without looking at the price. I’m happy if the kids want a kinder joy at the counter it ain’t a thing. I’m good with that

Let's be honest. You can't live comfortably in America on less than $2k /month.

Most housing wants your rent to be 1/3 of income.
If your take home is around $1600 a month where and what kind of place cost $500 a month.
Food, transportation expenses. Insurance, Entertainment.

This is not sustainable anywhere in America. You have to have a roommate or multiple jobs to live decently at $15/hr.
Ok, that is true in much of the country. Not denying that.

Just pointing out that 15/hr doesn't keep people below the poverty line. One of the best points in its favor is that it will pull a lot of people above it. That is a great thing and should be repeated over and over.

And none of the proponents of $15 argue it is the end all be all over anti-poverty legislation.

Lets not get into unemployment there's a big mess with it. I think Biden is or signed a bill that allows employees to quit if they feel unsafe and collect unemployment. **** crazy.
That doesn’t set a great precedent and will be taken advantage of. But there are also plenty of companies out here that aren’t following guidelines and are legitimately putting there employees in harm’s way. There’s gotta be a way to discuss the real problems and debate real solutions without always having the obtainment of political capital trumping effective, timely action (no pun intended).

In America we peer pressure each other into consumerism. We make people feel bad for not being able to obtain things they don't need. Tell people they are not adequate for lacking material possessions and immaterial status.
We are also a naturally envious species. Even if people don’t make us feel bad for not having what others do, all we have to do is see it and we need it.

In America we peer pressure each other into consumerism. We make people feel bad for not being able to obtain things they don't need. Tell people they are not adequate for lacking material possessions and immaterial status.
The odd thing is this, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting nice things, and then living well. This is your birthright. The problem is, those who are in control of the money that can easily get you all of those things, want you to think that the money is scarce, and that wealth is only available for a few.

There is enough on this planet where everyone can live, and then have everything that they want. It is simply that there are some who are in control, that wishes to keep many people begging for such access.

Education on HOW to build wealth is not available to everyone, and THAT is the problem.

We are also a naturally envious species. Even if people don’t make us feel bad for not having what others do, all we have to do is see it and we need it.
No, I disagree with this. This chimes with that all humans were born in sin stuff. Nope.

I know dudes knocking down 85k a summer, just the summer living with mommy and daddy because they can’t afford to move out because #dieselpower.

dudes are paying a mortgage payment on trucks and complain they’re broke.

Back
Top Bottom