Official Pizza Appreciation!

Has anyone been to Lucali's? Very curious your experience and if you thought it was worth the extensive wait. I've been twice, and both times it was well worth it.

Far Rockaway is a dump to be quite honest. It's close to HB, but certainly not walking distance.

I never got a real “dump vibe” personally speaking ...my moms was staying in the beach 80s blocks around hammels p’s for a couple of months so i would take that long a*z A-train ride out there during a time when far rockaway was 1 of the main spots thruout the city that was buggin with the gang sht ....then recently had a cousin living in the beach 20s blocks i walk out his building the beach is on his block..the vibes out there idk if the water plays a factor or not but it just seem different i dont think its as bad as alotta people make it out to be but at the same token it dont seem that fascinating either like type boring

I think it just visually looks different. Strip malls and stuff. Not what I was used to seeing in other parts of the city. I was only there for like 30 min, but I did see folks of all races walking around. I have no clue what the background of the neighborhood is like other than the couple posts above.
U mentioned jimmys in baltimore after i had posted cream of crab soup i had from there ,im taking it u from baltimore(or another area in maryland) its a pizza spot i liked in east baltimore on broadway & i wanna say monument (across the street from john hopkins) called “mama mia” (greek pizza joint) food there is slamming (i usually get slices / buffalo fried chicken with fries)...alotta baltimore area pizza joints that sold good pizza i found to be greek / non sicilian

U mentioned jimmys in baltimore after i had posted cream of crab soup i had from there ,im taking it u from baltimore(or another area in maryland) its a pizza spot i liked in east baltimore on broadway & i wanna say monument (across the street from john hopkins) called “mama mia” (greek pizza joint) food there is slamming (i usually get slices / buffalo fried chicken with fries)...alotta baltimore area pizza joints that sold good pizza i found to be greek / non sicilian
Yep I live there. Never been to Mama Mia though. Solid Greek population in E Baltimore.

Another spot in east baltimore(northeast on bel air rd ) called franks pizza (older italian dude there with glasses who is a cook is from queens ) makes solid pizza , i wasnt too crazy about their lasagna though ...too watery i like my pasta not drowning in sauces

I think it just visually looks different. Strip malls and stuff. Not what I was used to seeing in other parts of the city. I was only there for like 30 min, but I did see folks of all races walking around. I have no clue what the background of the neighborhood is like other than the couple posts above.
It does look visually different. Highways are much wider than say L.I.E./Cross Island/Clearview. And yeah, plenty of strip malls now that I think about it.

Has anyone been to Lucali's? Very curious your experience and if you thought it was worth the extensive wait. I've been twice, and both times it was well worth it.

Far Rockaway is a dump to be quite honest. It's close to HB, but certainly not walking distance.
Been meaning to go to Lucali's but keep saying to myself it's a gimmicky BK hipster joint. Correct me if I'm wrong. How long is this extensive wait? Just might have to check it out

i wanna go on a pizza tour for 1 day in NY... hit up like 5 spots in 1day... 1 plain slice at each spot... the only rule is it has to be in n out no waiting in line like lucali or di fara for an hour lol

i wanna go on a pizza tour for 1 day in NY... hit up like 5 spots in 1day... 1 plain slice at each spot... the only rule is it has to be in n out no waiting in line like lucali or di fara for an hour lol
What's your radius?
Best Pizza
Joe's
Scarr's
Bleecker Street Pizza
*add wild card*
Very doable in one day.

If you're going for just plain slices I wouldn't recommend Pike Place or L&B.

^ i wont rule out strictly plain slices... i just said that so its fair game for all 5 spots... but i want to keep it in manhattan or at least 30-40 minutes commute via subway... thats last case scenario though... it has to be that good to go that far and get a slice

I dunno I honestly think lucali is overrated. His brother runs guissppena’s in south slope and i think it might be better. I like best, juliana’s too

Been meaning to go to Lucali's but keep saying to myself it's a gimmicky BK hipster joint. Correct me if I'm wrong. How long is this extensive wait? Just might have to check it out

Put it this way. I don't live too far (fortunately) and I went home for 3 hours and then went back for my reservation :lol: .

They open at 5:45 to start taking names, but people are lining up as early as 3/3:30. It's serious **** but the pizza is so damn good. Calzone too. That's all that's on the menu. Cash only & BYOB.

Damn. Spot must be the truth

maxresdefault.jpg

Had L&B yesterday. Good pizza but I can get the same quality pizza for less at Rosa’s in Maspeth.

It's been a while since I've had L&B. It used to be SO good. Feel like it fell off a bit.

Edit: Small world, was uploaded yesterday -

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom