Official Pizza Appreciation!

Danis and Gabbys look good.

I tried Margheritas. Theyre good too.
These places far from me :lol:

Ur the first person I’ve seen calling di fara trash lol. What’s wrong with em? Just hype?
Lol I'm just being real man. It's a little above average @ best. Mostly hype. Dom DeMarco no longer makes the pizza...quality has since dropped with his kids runnin the place. I waited an extra 1 1/2 hours for my damn pie & called ahead of time well in advance. But, try it to settle your curiosity and lmk your honest opinion on it

Do you have to get a whole pie for di Fara? I just want a slice and don't want to wait an hour to get one lol. Might just hit up Joe's in Manhattan.
You can get it by the slice but enjoy that ridiculous wait time lol. By the time your turn comes, you'll be hungry enough to down a pie haha

Margherita pizza = on the ave (jamaica queens) best pizza around

Gabys is terrible(mad saucy & the sauce is mad sweet ...no love )

You welcome
I gotta try Margherita Pizza on the ave...hear good things. Gabby's isn't terrible in my opinion reason being they don't skimp on cheese & ingredients. You get what you pay for. Sauce isn't that sweet in comparison to Dani's in Metropolitan...now thats some sweet sauce and I love it lol. You ever hit up New Park Pizza in Howard Beach? Softest and delicious dough I've tried in a long time

As a life long NY’er, I am intrigued to try Pizza in New Haven, to compare.
I def second that man! CT got some good pizza according to youtube. You heard about Santillo's in New Jersey? Heard it's a 1 man operation & dude is a legend. Def wanna try it after the gun range(+1 for NJ not requiring a firearms license)...I knew that state is good for something lol

Gotta go to Best Pizza in Brooklyn, also hit up Lucali's. Di Fara overrated trash. Similar to how Frank Pepe's is.
Best Pizza is that spot! Damn what a phenomenal slice...love the thin crust with the toasty dough...I could go for some right now been meaning to go back lol. Lucali's seems like one of them hipster BK spots...idk I might be wrong but looks kinda gimmicky, correct me if I'm wrong. 100% agreed Di Fara is trash! Overrated & all hype!

what pizza spots are the best in Queens.
dont laff

Dani's House of Pizza (Lefferts Blvd)
Nick's Pizza (Forest Hills)

Dani’s is good nice sweet sauce but always a line and you might be waiting a half hour plus.

Also New Park Pizza in Howard Beach on Crossbay BLVD. Lines aren’t that bad and they move quickly. Never really liked Howard Beach growing up so I grab and go.

There’s this other spot in Forest Hills around where I moved to I just tried out not too long ago that wasn’t that bad called D’Angelos on 108 street in Forest Hills.

Whenever we were in Queens, my parents always got us Singas Pizza. I remember them being so damn good. I think for my bday coming up, I just wanna grab a bunch of pizza from there.

Go to Di Fara.

Don’t listen to the people saying it is overrated. It is a piece of American pizza history. Take the subway out to Midwood. Wait in line for an hour. Order the square pie with sausage and a slice of the round pie (just to say you tried it). Wait for your pizza for an hour. Enjoy one of the world’s greatest pizzas. Savor the crust for its complex of evoo, butter, and fire. Then go sit outside the public library while you prepare for the ride back to Manhattan. You won’t regret it.

Dom or no Dom, Avenue J is Mecca to pizza fans. It’s not trendy. It’s not fancy (more of a dump). But it is the pizza from which all of your future pizzas can be judged. Forget the haters. Find out for yourself.

I gotta try Margherita Pizza on the ave...hear good things. Gabby's isn't terrible in my opinion reason being they don't skimp on cheese & ingredients. You get what you pay for. Sauce isn't that sweet in comparison to Dani's in Metropolitan...now thats some sweet sauce and I love it lol. You ever hit up New Park Pizza in Howard Beach? Softest and delicious dough I've tried in a long time
Nah buddy i always steered clear of howard beach area il keep it in mind if im ever in that area though

Lol I'm just being real man. It's a little above average @ best. Mostly hype. Dom DeMarco no longer makes the pizza...quality has since dropped with his kids runnin the place. I waited an extra 1 1/2 hours for my damn pie & called ahead of time well in advance. But, try it to settle your curiosity and lmk your honest opinion on it

Might be some truth to this, and Di Fara is my #1 ever.

Last time I had it which was in December, the kids made it, and I agree it was pretty bad actually. The last time I had it before then was maybe June of last year? During that time he made my pizza, and it was still best in nyc. If its true he never makes the pizzas anymore, there may be truth to it being trash.

I am mixed on Margherita. First , for Jamaica, its expensive, like nothing on Jamaica ave should be that expensive. Now, for a "non-gourmet" pizza, its one of the better ones. The problem really is, the insane amount of cheese. I only order whole pies, never slices, and after we eat a whole pie, you feel gross as hell with all that cheese. If they cut down the amount of cheese it could be it would be a great pie. Overall Id give it maybe a a 7 as it currently stands, if they reduced the cheese, it would be a 8.5 in my mind. It has potential for sure.

Back
Top Bottom