OFFICIAL Pittsburgh Steelers VS New England Patriots VOL PATS 1ST "L"

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by shoefreak14

Man I hope the steelers win. I hate the patriots and they dont deserve to be undefeated. Tired of them getting lucky.
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

2f035e1ec901ed62464303601c0a6cea35b079e.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i'm going to be needing that image later when this thread gets hot on sunday...
wink.gif

And even Pats fan should admit that this team isn't 12-0 because of the defense. Clearly superior on offense and gaining leads so the opposition has to get away from the run game and throw.
^ the defense came up pretty big in the 2nd half of the colts game, and has made stops when we've needed them to in the eagles and ravensgames. the offense is great and all...but the defense has shown it can step up at times. its a bend but dont break type of defense....sort of

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I've only become a real fan in the last two years.
How convenient for you.

What about your Steelers?
What the %@%% about them? I'm not the one in here saying !+!% about my team.. i know exactly who my team is, and i've never once talked them up to be something more than they are. If anything, i'm completely pessimistic about them.

Seem like it isn't too unbalanced, eh?
We've already been over this in another thread, but if you want to get back into it we can..

The entire picture isn't just that they possess the ball longer, but that they build leads and force teams to be one dimensional on offense in trying to come back. When games are close, teams can mix run and pass, and when teams have done this, they've moved the ball with ease against the Pats defense.. 4.1 yard per carry given up? That's bottom third in the league.

But the defense isn't as bad as it's made out to be according to this guy? C'mon now.. when they've been forced to have to defend the air and the ground at the same time, they've been mediocre.. and why shouldn't they be? it's a bunch of old guys out there trying to plug up the middle.. just because they were disguised up until the last few weeks doesn't mean they're just having a bad couple of weeks, it's been completely different scenarios than all the other times.

I knew the second I saw the Colts game that you could move the ball against them, and it was just because that was the first time we got to see a close game where the Pats defense was forced into being a complete defense.

Obviously the defense is good enough right now to carry them through the regular season for the most part (with such a great supporting cast on offense), but when the weather gets really cold in january and they've gotta play a grind it out game, it will be very interesting to see.

Bottom line is, that defense is what it is thanks to the offense.. for many different reasons.

If I recall and you can go back and check if im mistaken, but didnt Indy only have 2 field goals in the first half of that game and only got 2 fieldgoals because they were held to that in the red zone by the defense. PLUS they only got downfield on both drives because of BULL!%*@% pass interference callson new england. then they got that one big play to lead at half time 13-7. So what exactly did you see that made you think like stupid@+$* Sharpe at half timesayin "THIS DEFENSE IS OLD" "THEY LOOK REAL SLOW AND I DONT THINK THEY CAN STOP INDY IN THE 2ND HALF" but WHO WON THE GAME AGAIN??? andyeah, yeah Brady had to do the comeback, I know but thats what he does, He Leads teams to greatness.

Any links, they won't be showin it where I live. Probably just gunna go down to the local sports bar and watch it there

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Whats the word on Polamalu steeler fans? I heard "unlikely to play"...any changes?

Yeah i dont think he'll be playin, one report earlier this week said he was a go. Now there sayin he hasnt practiced so he's likely to bebenched
smh.gif

He won't play, but it isn't a huge deal. Defense plays more disciplined with him out. I like Tyrone Carter as well. As for Pats fans feeling the"hate", we discussed last thread. It has nothing to do with hate on the Patriots, it would be the same for any team in your situation. Don't takeit so personally. As for the Pats defense and talking about the Colts game, etc, the defense did look great in those games early on. But they clearly look abit worn out, probably due to some night games, the season wearing on, and the weight of this "undefeated" season is taking its toll. I think if thePats do lose, Bill may stop being stubborn, give some people rest and then start rolling in the playoffs. I honestly think if the Pats go the regular seasonundefeated, they will lose in the playoffs. Just seem tired from all the "hype" and coverage.

Oh well, Go Steelers! Curious to see how many towels make it into Foxboro........

This game is over before the ball is kicked off.

13-0.
pimp.gif

Haters:
mad.gif

Bandwagoners:
glasses.gif

In-betweens:
grin.gif

Don Shula:
sick.gif

Well I'm off to the bar for now, may be back for the Steeler game to post. If not, good luck to the Steelers, stay healthy, and just try to play well sothe team has confidence come playoff time

DMX well said don,t take it personally pats fans. im going out to watch this game where their are a bunch of maniac pats fans. lets get this game. pats will beready for this one.

^ most likely not...it'll be on cbs and i think the jets would probably be on cbs too? the jets will be on cbs in new york i mean...i know in NE the patsgame is on cbs

if you know someone on the west coast who has direct tv sunday ticket and you have a sling box and they have a sling box they can relay the game to you! it istechnology at its best

Back
Top Bottom