OFFICIAL Pittsburgh Steelers VS New England Patriots VOL PATS 1ST "L"

I can see it now...
First snap of the game. Play action deep to Randy Moss on the right sideline.

DOWNTOWN43
you need to start a Team Patriots Hater, you're the biggest one and you have a lot of members.
laugh.gif

Man, i watched the video of the interview guaranteeing a win. The media overhyped that a billion times. The main point from that interview is that he said thatthe team was confident going into the game, and that they know what to do to win.

If you dont have confidence in your team, your going to lose every time. He is just repeating what the coach has been telling the team since monday.

HOWEVER, because he said that, its going to be a pats blowout.
frown.gif

people were making fun of me for taking brady with the 5th overall pick....which normally is ridiculous...but i have zero complaints right now. not to mentionthat i landed adrian peterson four picks later....

yeah could probably start a NT team that had to do with hating the pats or hating boston teams and itd be the biggest team ever...i hope someone actuallystarts it. i love being the hated team

deadset thats because you reside in TITLETOWN as i do. providence. r.i. 2004 all over again coming up.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

DOWNTOWN43
you need to start a Team Patriots Hater, you're the biggest one and you have a lot of members.
laugh.gif

After he starts that team, can you start a Team "I jock teams that aren't my teams"? It's funny seeing a non-Patriots fan trying to talksmack in the forums. Pathetic, but funny.
laugh.gif

after fantasy football season this year...ill be on that team too

Man, I ain't got a Patriot on either of my squads and I went 8-3 and 11-1 in both my leagues.
tongue.gif
The dude with Tom Brady has a rough match-up this week (first round ofplayoffs) so Tom might not even see the Champ. game. I'm just happy the guys with Tom Brady/Randy Moss in both of my leagues have glaring weaknesses at RBand WR or it'd have been over.

this game and the jets are scheduled to be on CBS
mad.gif
so they're gonnashow the jets. can anyone shed some light on if I could watch this game and I don't want to watch it online.

It's so funny. People say the Pats defense is soft, yet they still have won every game and statistically are the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL in yards pergame. Yes Pitt is physical and the number one defense but honestly, they have lost to some poor teams this year! Yes, the Patriots dominance may be more indoubt than it was before week twelve. But even though they have been manhandled the past two weeks, they've still won those games by combining both crucialdefensive plays and clutch drives to the endzone. I was waiting for this thread so I could say Pitt was gonna win, but after Anthony Smith guaranteed anothervictory, the Patriots have their motivating factor back. Things like spygate, people saying the refs are on their side, etc. are only providing extramotivation for them that they had earlier in the season but may have partially lost due to easy victories. Just like my man Wilbon said.

It's so funny. People say the Pats defense is soft, yet they still have won every game and statistically are the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL in yards per game.
You're not very intelligent with statements like this.

When your offense is a complete powerhouse, your defense is always going to look good. That's the nature of the game, since the offense and defensecan't be on the field at the same time. That's the same reason why the steelers have always had good defensive numbers, because their offense alwayscontrols the clock.

Seriously - don't ever try to talk stats again, you have no idea where you're going with them.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

It's so funny. People say the Pats defense is soft, yet they still have won every game and statistically are the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL in yards per game.
You're not very intelligent with statements like this.

When your offense is a complete powerhouse, your defense is always going to look good. That's the nature of the game, since the offense and defense can't be on the field at the same time. That's the same reason why the steelers have always had good defensive numbers, because their offense always controls the clock.

Seriously - don't ever try to talk stats again, you have no idea where you're going with them.

s_4195823f61a72dcbe6aa1ea6e1803e67.jpg

The Patriots score quick.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Patriots[/td] [td]Opponents[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL FIRST DOWNS[/td] [td]310[/td] [td]212[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FIRST DOWNS (Rushing-passing-by penalty)[/td] [td]103 - 187 - 20[/td] [td]71 - 131 - 10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS[/td] [td]69/137[/td] [td]45/133[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS[/td] [td]12/17[/td] [td]8/11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS[/td] [td]5104[/td] [td]3473[/td] [/tr][tr][td]OFFENSE (Plays-Average Yards)[/td] [td]810 - 6.3[/td] [td]682 - 5.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL RUSHING YARDS[/td] [td]1456[/td] [td]1114[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RUSHING (Plays-Average Yards)[/td] [td]356 - 4.1[/td] [td]270 - 4.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL PASSING YARDS[/td] [td]3648[/td] [td]2359[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)[/td] [td]307 - 438 - 6 - 8.6[/td] [td]230 - 381 - 17 - 6.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SACKS[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FIELD GOALS[/td] [td]14/16[/td] [td]9/10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOUCHDOWNS[/td] [td]61[/td] [td]26[/td] [/tr][tr][td](Rushing-Passing-Returns-Defensive)[/td] [td]13 - 41 - 2 - 5[/td] [td]7 - 17 - 0 - 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TIME OF POSSESSION[/td] [td]33:03[/td] [td]26:50[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TURNOVER RATIO[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/statistics?team=NE

Seem like it isn't too unbalanced, eh?

laugh.gif

yall should have seen the reaction when i took brady and moss for my 2rd and 3rd pick

Hey Craftsy, don't be a hater. I don't claim to be a tower of intelligentsia when it comes to football anyway, I've only become a real fan in thelast two years.

What about your Steelers? A lowly second last place in interceptions. The Patriots? 3rd. There are way too many aspects of the game for us to argue about it.It's all about the intangibles this year with the Patriots. The Steelers are a good team, and have a chance, but when they lose to teams like the Jets andonly win by 3 against the Dolphins (field conditions taken into account, though) you should be questioning your own teams ability, not my statements. Plus,dude just showed that the time both the Patriots' offense and defense were in play weren't that much different anyway.

That aside, one thing the Pats need to improve on this year is their red zone defense, which is terrible, I read that they give up TDs on something like 70% ofopponents red zone trips, the worst in the NFL. Hopefully Belichick will be ripping into them about that this week.

I've only become a real fan in the last two years.
How convenient for you.

What about your Steelers?
What the %@%% about them? I'm not the one in here saying !+!% about my team.. i know exactly who my team is, and i've never once talkedthem up to be something more than they are. If anything, i'm completely pessimistic about them.

Seem like it isn't too unbalanced, eh?
We've already been over this in another thread, but if you want to get back into it we can..

The entire picture isn't just that they possess the ball longer, but that they build leads and force teams to be one dimensional on offense in trying tocome back. When games are close, teams can mix run and pass, and when teams have done this, they've moved the ball with ease against the Pats defense..4.1 yard per carry given up? That's bottom third in the league.

But the defense isn't as bad as it's made out to be according to this guy? C'mon now.. when they've been forced to have to defend the air andthe ground at the same time, they've been mediocre.. and why shouldn't they be? it's a bunch of old guys out there trying to plug up the middle..just because they were disguised up until the last few weeks doesn't mean they're just having a bad couple of weeks, it's been completely differentscenarios than all the other times.

I knew the second I saw the Colts game that you could move the ball against them, and it was just because that was the first time we got to see a close gamewhere the Pats defense was forced into being a complete defense.

Obviously the defense is good enough right now to carry them through the regular season for the most part (with such a great supporting cast on offense), butwhen the weather gets really cold in january and they've gotta play a grind it out game, it will be very interesting to see.

Bottom line is, that defense is what it is thanks to the offense.. for many different reasons.

Chester, the only thing pathedic is how you ride me
roll.gif
. How can someone care about who another individual respects? I don't jock anyone, so you cankill that noise quick. I just find it funny how many people are jealous of the Pats. We all know jealousy is nothing but a %%%+% trait. Plus I for one canappreciate what this New England team has accomplished.

A lowly second last place in interceptions
That has never been a stat that LeBeau's defense is designed for. Different kind of defense.

And even Pats fan should admit that this team isn't 12-0 because of the defense. Clearly superior on offense and gaining leads so the opposition has toget away from the run game and throw. Amazing how Anthony Smith's comments got blown up for no reason. ESPN splices the audio segments together to makeit sound worse than it is? Shady....

Anyway, playoffs are all that matter. Just hoping for no injuries

Amazing how Anthony Smith's comments got blown up for no reason. ESPN splices the audio segments together to make it sound worse than it is?
Wait... do you mean to tell me that ESPN is biased towards certain teams?!

Preposterous!

tongue.gif

Steelers are the only AFC team that can beat the Pats in January. No way the Colts, Jags or Chargers can beat the Pats at Foxboro come playoff time.

This is going to be a nice "feeler" game to watch.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Steelers are the only AFC team that can beat the Pats in January. No way the Colts, Jags or Chargers can beat the Pats at Foxboro come playoff time.

This is going to be a nice "feeler" game to watch.

I dunno man, if Norv gave LT the ball who knows? Jags seem like they might be able to get it done too with the running game and a Garrard who isn'tabout throwing picks (wort to Feeley)... All of them COULD beat the Patriots, just not going to happen unless Brady gets hit late by a CB coming off the edge(word to Newman
smh.gif
)

Man I hope the steelers win. I hate the patriots and they dont deserve to be undefeated. Tired of them getting lucky.
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom