Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

so..............................

seems that everyone on here either shoots Nikon or Canon, any Pentax, Olympus, Sony, Leica, Panasonic.................. Hasselblad shooters?

Originally Posted by digitalartclub

so..............................

seems that everyone on here either shoots Nikon or Canon, any Pentax, Olympus, Sony, Leica, Panasonic.................. Hasselblad shooters?

I kind of want to check out that Lumix camera that came out.

413099.jpg

Seems like it is pretty up to date with technology and even has the 60fps video recording. The video below is kind of a bad example cause I would really liketo see it tested on something moving.

There is photography forum too that I used to check out specifically for skateboarding and about 70% of the users all had Hasselblads and all of them weresuper young.

Fongstar, that's a dope video though.

Is there any way I could resize HD video? Sorry if it's a stupid question
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KL9

laugh.gif

What do you mean.....like make that HD video bigger in size? Just change the height and with in the embed coding.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Kids + hasselblad = no effin sense.

Your telling me.....but there was a "show your equipment" thread and all those bastards had one. Hasselblads and even nikons are big in skatephotography though. A lot of the greats that are doing it all own one, so I think it just rubbed off on them when these kids started their own career at it.Here is the equipment list for Blabac that I thought was interesting to see:

f_dc22s5m_26585cd.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by KL9

laugh.gif

What do you mean.....like make that HD video bigger in size? Just change the height and with in the embed coding.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Kids + hasselblad = no effin sense.

Your telling me.....but there was a "show your equipment" thread and all those bastards had one. Hasselblads and even nikons are big in skate photography though. A lot of the greats that are doing it all own one, so I think it just rubbed off on them when these kids started their own career at it. Here is the equipment list for Blabac that I thought was interesting to see:

f_dc22s5m_26585cd.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

what's the power saw doing in there?
laugh.gif
trim tree branches to getthem out of the way?
that's a lot of damn cameras too
embarassed.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
dude ain't messing around with all those pro bodies
got a good amount of lighting gear too. i need one of those strobe heads + battery pack

^^^^Yeah dude...the power saw is for stuff like that or just getting into locked schools or other places that skaters can't skate. It is a like a wholemission when they shoot sometimes.

Even if you aren't totally interested in skateboard photography, you should still check out his book that he has:

mike-blabac-dc-shoes-azure-mid-2.jpg

The dude has been shooting forever and has some of the most iconic photos in skating. He actually had a photo show at FTC skateboards and I met the guy and thedude is even super nice. Check out more here (http://www.blabacphoto.com/#a=0&at=0&mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&s=0&p=0)

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by KL9

laugh.gif
Well whenever I upload my HD video from my point and shoot, it's always in a huge resolution...Is there any way I can resize it? Which programis needed?

dj bana i checked out your flickr and those pictures are amazing. great stuff. looking to get into photography maybe within the next year or so
no previous experience but i know its something i could see myself enjoying

Originally Posted by DJ bana

i didnt read that hes never owned a dslr, oops.

then you could def get a lower-end cam and move up when you're ready. i have a friend who knows NOTHING about photog and she's seen my work... based on my stuff she went and bought a 5DMKII, remember.. its a fully manual camera with only 1 auto option and it doesn't come with a flash. now she has a 3K setup and doesnt know where to start.. i told her to get a 7D but she didn't listen. she was on the "ill learn" tip... but now she's regretting it. just because you have an awesome cam doesn't mean your pics will come out great! you gotta practice, trial and error.
'
edit- wait, in the beginning of his post he says hes upgrading from a Nikon... so uh, yea.. i'll stick to my original advice of copping the 5D.

Did your friend just jump into it because of you?I think a beginner could use a 5DMKII,if they dedicate the time and practice along with the effort.I met a guynot too long ago who bought the 5DMKII and was a beginner.His stuff wasn't the greatest but it was nice for him to be a beginner. Not taking shots at youor nothing.Just stating my opinion.

Whoever wants to participate, cool, those who don't, that's cool too. No rules, no prizes, just to get everyone shooting again. (I've been slacking
grin.gif
embarassed.gif
)

I'm gonna use a word generator (http://watchout4snakes.co...ord/RandomWordPlus.aspx) to pick a word. Whichever word pops up we can try to come up with an image that best illustrates it.

Sooo... First word...

copying

Go!

I'm sure if we made an "OFFICIAL HASSELBLAD THREAD" and discussed how badly everyone wanted one, some kid from NT would find a way to save 20G's and cop one just to post in the "Pickup Thread" .... just sayin'

SaNTi0321, good idea... I'm down.

What's your opinion on CANON EF-S 55-250/4-5.6 IS for my Rebel XSi as my second lense? I only have the 18-55 kit lense at the moment. Don't really havethat much money for a lense right now.

Back
Top Bottom