Official Orlando Magic Season Thread Vol. 58-23 Offically 2nd Best Record in the L!!!!

^^ i think they signed baas to deal with the big bodied, scrappy pfs of the league. Gasol teared them apart last season in the finals, so I think Baas providesa big body to pound in the middle, similar to how the Lakers put in Mbenga to body Howard in the finals. The team definitely needs Gortat as the back-upcenter, Baas is too short to fill that role and Howard is frequently getting into foul trouble.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^then why did they sign bass?
i thought bass was to be used as the backup pf/c if needed, but dudes not even getting any burn now.
im pretty sure he has an somewhat nice contract too if i remember correctly..
Bass was signed to fit in as the traditional PF that the Magic lacked. Shard gives them the advantage on offense by stretching the floor, butBass gives them another option to put in if they wanted that kind of line-up or matchup. He's too small to be a consistent backup center.

I don't think they expected Ryan Anderson to fit in as well as he has, because he fits that system of play much better, a PF who can shoot the 3. He'staking minutes that would be going to Bass, they just have too much depth.

The problem is Stan hasn't put Shard at the 3 at all, which would give Bass and Anderson plenty of minutes to share at the 4.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by BangDak

^then why did they sign bass?
i thought bass was to be used as the backup pf/c if needed, but dudes not even getting any burn now.
im pretty sure he has an somewhat nice contract too if i remember correctly..
Bass was signed to fit in as the traditional PF that the Magic lacked. Shard gives them the advantage on offense by stretching the floor, but Bass gives them another option to put in if they wanted that kind of line-up or matchup. He's too small to be a consistent backup center.

I don't think they expected Ryan Anderson to fit in as well as he has, because he fits that system of play much better, a PF who can shoot the 3. He's taking minutes that would be going to Bass, they just have too much depth.

The problem is Stan hasn't put Shard at the 3 at all, which would give Bass and Anderson plenty of minutes to share at the 4.

Having depth is always a good problem. Bass will def. get his PT when we go traditional, he's strong enough to defend the post like for example, Pau Gasoland his jumper is money from 15-17 feet.

Props to the magic n their fans...

I didnt expect them to be doing this well , AGAIN.

Most young teams who get to the finals dont play as well the next year.

Hats off to them.

no doubt this has to be about vince...

Frank guest coaching this week

quote:

Former New Jersey Nets coach Lawrence Frank attended the shootaround and will be with the team this week as a guest of Van Gundy’s. Don’t read anything into that. Van Gundy was asked if they have talked about Carter or will talk about Carter, and Van Gundy said no.

havent updated this at all but playoff time is nearing

looking like the next few games is cake so we should get a 10+ game win streak

oh and we bout to catch up on the lakers for 2nd best record in the L

go magic

We let a few EASY games slip eventhough we had double digit leads. Could've been the difference for homecourt throughout the playoffs. I'm liking our team more than last year. If Vince Plays halfway decent, we'll be in the finals again.

pimp.gif
  6 Game win streak.
Vince needs to stay attacking the rim, I don't know why he falls in love with his jumpshot.  Meer is back for sure, he's slicing and dicing and his penetration (NH) is giving others good looks for 3's.  I just can't wait til the playoffs!  Yeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

pimp.gif
  6 Game win streak.
Vince needs to stay attacking the rim, I don't know why he falls in love with his jumpshot.  Meer is back for sure, he's slicing and dicing and his penetration (NH) is giving others good looks for 3's.  I just can't wait til the playoffs!  Yeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Vince has been ridiculously effecient though ever since february......averagin 51% on both FG and 3pt FG and on sunday against lakers had 25 points on 10 shots
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

put this *!+ up on 1st page man cotdamn 5 magic fans on NT

we should take care of business tomorrow against the chi dwight and VC both with 20+

Yo anyone know the whereabouts of pietrus??? i don't even see him on the bench. Hope he isn't injured
ohwell.gif

You Magic fans should be ashamed of yourself, one of the best teams in the league, 7 page season thread
laugh.gif

It really sucks living in Orlando and all my friends are Magic fans, only to have to root for the Knicks first.

You Magic fans should be ashamed of yourself, one of the best teams in the league, 7 page season thread
laugh.gif

It really sucks living in Orlando and all my friends are Magic fans, only to have to root for the Knicks first.

It is a bit embarrassing for us not to show pride in our team BUT we aren't used to all the attention that the celtics, cavs, and lakers fans get
laugh.gif
 i did mentioned before that we tend to lay low

YOOO!!!!!! how the hell we only scored 4 points in the 3rd so far?????? they relaxing again man
mad.gif

just to show you how much VC is better than turk.....................theyre averaging the same numbers (other than 2 apg differential) when turk was here but VC is doing it in 30 mpg compared to turks 36 mpg last year

if VC never played through that injury in january he woulda been still sitting at 19 ppg and better percentages

im a magic fan myself, but i needa see carter hit some big shots in the 4th before i call him better than turk
just like the announcers were saying, turk was never scared in the 4th and made some key baskets, he was clutch. he always ran that pick and roll with dwight so smoothly too

laugh.gif

It's all good, it happens.  We like to stay low key but we here.  I was in full force during the CAVS/MAGIC series.  

Back
Top Bottom