OFFICIAL Oakland Raiders Off-Season Thread update as of 3/15/2008 D.Hall is a Raider

^^^ Al wont trade down and we have recently signed Kalimba Edwards, and former Raider Akbar Gabajamila (sp?)

Also we will be opening up the season Sept 8th MONDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!! @ HOME!!!! against the DONKEYS!!!!!!

hopefully we can get at least a 3rd round draft pick for fabian washington.... who knows.. the texans might be stupid enough to give us a 2nd n 3rd rd pick forhim like they did with buchanan lol

Supposedly we have a deal on the table with a team to trade Fabian for a 2nd round pick, but we're looking for another team to match it.

IF this is true, I wonder what the hell we are waiting for to pull the trigger.

Anyways, we just picked up the Center from the Bucs. Wade. He was a solid starter for them so our O-line is coming together. So now our o-line looks like

LT- Henderson/Harris
LG-Gallery
C-Wade/Grove
RG-Carlisle
RT-McQuistan

Hell, I think our O-line would be solid if we traded Fabian to the Browns for their LT Shaffer. He would be the immediate starter for us until we could developHenderson.

As far the draft, I'll be surprised if we take any other than Darren McFadden. I've heard plenty of times Al is infatuated with him. Maybe Gholston,but I'd bet money on McFadden.

d-mac as a raider, just picturing that just makes me
pimp.gif
, perhaps that's why the raiders are on monday night? probably not the reason....but MAYBE.

anyone else a season ticket holder? i think we win at least 7 games for sure i jus know it will be crackin on the monday night game

Turnovers killed us we could've been 8-8 this past season. Long or Mcfadden either one will be a great help to the team. Our defense is one of the best inthe NFL with the new additions of wilson, hall, joseph, and wade.

Russell can run it himself, throw to walker, or dish to McFadden...crazy. Man our team will be sick this year.
raiders_thumb.jpg

We ain't got McFadden yet. After Kiffin's latest interviews, he said we need D-line help. I agree. The best corners in the league cannot cover for 5and 6 seconds.

We need more pressure from our front 4 considering we don't blitz and run a very vanilla defense. Possibly Chris Long or Vernon Gholston with the 4thoverall.

More importantly, we need a BIG Nose tackle run stuffing DT. Someone like Red Bryant or Frank Okam with that 4th round pick would be nice IMO.

Our secondary looks great on paper, but we still have a LOT of work to do to have very good defense. We NEED better tackling overall and play with some heart.

Also, we need Huff to step up and make some plays at FS.

^^^I agree with frank okam in the 4th... he a load.. I def think we should go for mcfadden b/c we need his explosiveness.. you team him w/ fargas & bush..talk about a 3 headed monster.. we need 2 cut jordan & rhodes immediately..

The development of our rookie class last year is going to be essential for us to have a good year

^ getting rid of rhodes is crazy he was doing good while fargas was at the end of the season we need to keep him and get rid of jordan if we draft mcfadden.And I believe that both huff and gallery are worst draft picks that the raiders picked up by far

Originally Posted by KingAJ619

^ getting rid of rhodes is crazy he was doing good while fargas was at the end of the season we need to keep him and get rid of jordan if we draft mcfadden.
And I believe that both huff and gallery are worst draft picks that the raiders picked up by far

Jordan is as good as gone. He'll most likely be cut since teams know we don't want him.

But I really hope we don't draft McFadden. I hear Bush is 100% healthy and ready to prove himself and with him splitting time with Fargas and Rhodespitching him, our ground game will be able to get it down without a doubt. We were 6th in rushing last year in the NFL. BUT we were dead last in stopping therun. Until we stop the run, we can't help but lose. Our good looking secondary becomes useless when teams just plow ahead for 4 and 5 yards at a time. Ireally hope we use our picks defensively. Fix the damn lines.

But what I want and what Kiffin wants doesn't really matter. It's all up to Al Davis and if Al Davis wants McFadden, he'll be in Silver and Blackcome April 26th.

Im really anxious to see what the Raiders do with that first round pick. You guys secondary is really coming together and becoming one of the best in the NFL

Originally Posted by dcchilla

why do u fools want mcfadden and say bush is unproven lol neither has played in the nfl yet so same level to me and i think bush is gonna be better

Im pretty sure one big reason people want Mcfadden is cuz of what peterson did last year...they're hoping he can do for the Raiders what he did for thevikings...

I want them to draft Mcfadden just cuz he was my favorite rb to watch last year and the year before..he was so explosive... Can you imagine if we get Mcfaddenand pans out...and Russell starts to do his thing....We'd be str8 a rb and qb for 10 years (unless injuries)...when's the last time us raider fanscould say that??

I hope d Mac goes to the Raiders o man that would be so sick
smokin.gif
Picture this dude in the town ridin in his scraper
846540903_41aea2a165.jpg

McFadden, Bush, Fargas backfield would be insanity.
but we definitely don't have a "need" at RB that much...but it's a move Al Davis would definitely do. Not only help the offense but majorjersey sales...one of the highest profile names in the draft by far. IT's the "exciting" pick, but perhaps for the Raiders it's best to gofor Dorsey. Wouldn't be opposed to either move.

Welll from what I heard McFadden's workout was amazing, him and Russell seem to click, McFadden was showing that his cutting is amazing he seemed to get along with every1 but from what I hear is what sold Kiffin and maybe AL is on one of the last plays they were running was a wheel route and that McFadden ran it perfect made a great catch and blazed downfield as Raider coaches and scouts cheered. They told me you could see AL throw a pump fist and that Kiffin had a huge smile. also that Tom Rathman was all over Kiffin after the workouts whispering to him for a while.

got this from another poster on a diff board but if it's true them :tongue:imp imo DMac will help us more than a dlineman with the 4h pick... i think we shouldgrab DMac in the 1st, and Okam in the 4th. We can add more de depth after June 1st.

I think i would have a problem with D-Mac goin anywhere but Oakland because I know he will be an Animal anywhere else.

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

I think i would have a problem with D-Mac goin anywhere but Oakland because I know he will be an Animal anywhere else.
i know wut u mean.... Oakland already had the 6th best running attack last season. With DMac and our zbs it could put us at the top.

Welll from what I heard McFadden's workout was amazing, him and Russell seem to click, McFadden was showing that his cutting is amazing he seemed to get along with every1 but from what I hear is what sold Kiffin and maybe AL is on one of the last plays they were running was a wheel route and that McFadden ran it perfect made a great catch and blazed downfield as Raider coaches and scouts cheered. They told me you could see AL throw a pump fist and that Kiffin had a huge smile. also that Tom Rathman was all over Kiffin after the workouts whispering to him for a while.
pimp.gif
I'm all for it

i jus hope we dont do anything dumb wit out draft picks. i think dmac would work good with us. im sure jordan wont be there this season rohades contract is upnext year. bush is coming of an injury witch i think will be fine. and fragas is gettin up there in age and is always gettin hurt. so if we take him i wont bemad but we can use other players

How about DMAC with our 1st round pick & Frank Okam with our 4th pick.. but if a guy like Mike Pollak Slips then we should def grab him.. and then weshould trade back 2 the 5th round and grab tommy blake.. big upside and low risk w/ a 5th rounder.. last year we got a pretty decent DE in the 5th (JayRichards)

If we do draft McFadden (which I hope we don't due to Run D problems) I hope we can package Rhodes and Fabian Washington to get back into the 2nd or 3rdand Pick up someone like the OLB Goff from Vandy, DE Calais Campbell from Miami, or Red Bryant. We have a few too many holes to fill (NOT Running Back) to bepicking a Luxury like McFadden in the first.

On another note, Kiffin has confirmed Gibril Wilson's move to SS and Huff's move back to his Natural FS position. Great news in my opinion. Should helpagainst the run.

I dont mind if we draft Mickey-F but if the pick is between Chris Long and McFadden we HAVE to go for the Long... that guy was born to be a Raider
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 0aktown

I dont mind if we draft Mickey-F but if the pick is between Chris Long and McFadden we HAVE to go for the Long... that guy was born to be a Raider
smile.gif

Definitely. Captain Kirk was at the Giants (
sick.gif
) game last night withC. Long and the D-Line coach. Which you may already know cuz I'm guessing you check out the "other forum" as well.

Back
Top Bottom