OFFICIAL Oakland Raiders Off-Season Thread update as of 3/15/2008 D.Hall is a Raider

Porters gone?!!!!
pimp.gif
Nothing but good moves so far.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Berkeley, if Oakland is looking to go defensive tackle in the 2nd round, Kentwan Balmer and Pat Sims would both be better choices than Trevor Laws. Laws would
be somewhat of a reach at that point anyway.

Looks like Philly is gonna land Clemons.

Tommy Kelly has potential, but that deal is a MAJOR gamble. I know he can play end and tackle but you gotta factor in that Kelly just suffered a pretty serious
knee injury this past season.

I like the pairing of Gibril Wilson with Huff at the safety positions. Oakland has solidified a young and talented secondary.

Oh, most definitely, I completely agree. The way I see it just to let you know is that we take whoever it may be in the 1st (Chris Long, Jake Long, McFadden,Gholston) and in the 2nd,
I see us taking a wide receiver. We still need help there and a lot of first round prospects may fall to the early 2nd round. I personally hope we take DevinThomas from Mich St. In the 4th,
is where I was saying to take Trevor Laws at DT. We'll probably need some depth and a 2 gap DT, so it wouldn't hurt to draft or possibly Okam/Moorewith that 4th round selection. But if we do go DT in the 2nd round, I think any of those guys you mentioned would be fine.

And as far as Tommy Kelly is concerned, I think that contract was more of a statement. Yes Kelly has shown he has been productive when being on the field, buthe didn't EARN that huge contract. The contract was to show that we have money and we aren't afraid to spend it on players i.e. Free Agents. Like thenext day we were able to sign Gibril Wilson. Also to drive up the asking price for DT's all across the board especially considering the Broncos desperatelyneed a DT. Notice they haven't solved that problem through free agency. Also, the chargers have Luis Castillo has a free agent next year, and now you canbet he'll be asking for that Tommy Kelly money from the Bolts. So I hope it pays off on the field as it has off the field so far against our
opponents.

Oh and Kelly seems to have recovered from that ACL tear. He was walking around without crutches before the season ended if i remember correctly.

I'm so excited about next season
pimp.gif
its looking like I'll be able to smash on cats in Madden next year

im glad we didt sign back Clemons. Dude was a lb'er playing de. 6 ft 3 240 lbs? 1st time he ever put up so many sacks, and it was only 8 in a contractyear. And dude had the nerve to say Oakland lowballed him after he saw what Kelly got, lmao. Dont let the door hit u n the *!% on the way out. On a side not,Berrian is coming to Oakland today, and we are in contact with Javon Walker's agent.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

im glad we didt sign back Clemons. Dude was a lb'er playing de. 6 ft 3 240 lbs? 1st time he ever put up so many sacks, and it was only 8 in a contract
year. And dude had the nerve to say Oakland lowballed him after he saw what Kelly got, lmao. Dont let the door hit u n the *!% on the way out. On a side not,
Berrian is coming to Oakland today, and we are in contact with Javon Walker's agent.

Pretty much how i feel. I think Berrian's going to want around 30-35 million. After thinking about this, I say pay him Al. His speed and Russell's armcould prove to be a serious threat.

As far as Walker, he has a lot of baggage and emotional problems and we usually bring the worse out of those players these days. But he's a disgruntledex-bronco so chances are

he plays hard against them. I dunno, I'm happy with the moves we've made already. Shows a genuine interest in wanting to get better. Still more work todo though.

you cant say he got 8 in a contract year bc dude is a young guy.. he had to work hard to even make a team and remember.. he was out of football in 2006... thisguy developed into a decent pass rusher and you can never have enough of those.. I hope we still snatch up odom from the titans...

As far as the draft.. WR is a must in the 2nd/3rd round.. If Sam Baker is available in the 2nd rd I dont see how we pass him up considering that he is aperfect fit for the zone blocking scheme.. I'd be happy if we came with one of the following WRs in the 2nd/3rd round: Early Doucet, James Hardy, DevinThomas, Andre Caldwell or Lavelle Hawkins.... As far as DT.. we signed Tommy Kelly to that outrageous contract to fill in for Warren Sapp.. so Kelly will beplaying the 3 tecnique.. So we can grab a guy like Frank Okam in the 4th round who weighs 340lbs to stuff the run.. I also have a feeling that OG Oniel Cousinsis on the raiders radar just bc he can play G or T.. but I like a guy like Mike Pollak from ASU who has great versatility and fits in the zone blocking scheme

Please tell me that the raiders will restructure Gallery's deal and are not paying him more than 2 million this season

Lavelle Hawkins=
pimp.gif

sorry that's my cal homerdom kicking in
laugh.gif

but Javon Walker seems like the perfect candidate to go to the Raiders....

Originally Posted by S Dizzel

you cant say he got 8 in a contract year bc dude is a young guy.. he had to work hard to even make a team and remember.. he was out of football in 2006... this
guy developed into a decent pass rusher and you can never have enough of those.. I hope we still snatch up odom from the titans...

As far as the draft.. WR is a must in the 2nd/3rd round.. If Sam Baker is available in the 2nd rd I dont see how we pass him up considering that he is a
perfect fit for the zone blocking scheme.. I'd be happy if we came with one of the following WRs in the 2nd/3rd round: Early Doucet, James Hardy, Devin
Thomas, Andre Caldwell or Lavelle Hawkins.... As far as DT.. we signed Tommy Kelly to that outrageous contract to fill in for Warren Sapp.. so Kelly will be
playing the 3 tecnique.. So we can grab a guy like Frank Okam in the 4th round who weighs 340lbs to stuff the run.. I also have a feeling that OG Oniel Cousins
is on the raiders radar just bc he can play G or T.. but I like a guy like Mike Pollak from ASU who has great versatility and fits in the zone blocking scheme

Please tell me that the raiders will restructure Gallery's deal and are not paying him more than 2 million this season

I think you're forgetting we don't have a 3rd rounder this year. I believe we don't have a 5th as well. But this may change soon especially ifthose rumors of trading Huff come to fruition.

We still NEED a WR. I don't think i'd be comfortable with only signing Javon Walker. Maybe Bryant Johnson/Robert Ferguson to go along with him until wecan draft a Wideout (hopefully Devin

Thomas). And of course, like every year, LT is still a NEED. I doubt we'll get Jake Long (at least I hope not) because we can get a better fit for our ZBSin the later rounds. Interesting...

if we wana get in the 3rd round then we can via trade

bryant johnson would be a REAL nice pickup..

They're thinking of trading away Huff? What? Why?
eyes.gif

That would be a bad move, our secondary is great now.

[table][tr][th=""]Comment[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
on_line.gif
awon23[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 03/01/08 9:52 PM
[/td] [td]
They're thinking of trading away Huff? What? Why?
eyes.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]

nerd.gif
I haven't heard anything about Huff bein traded away...

^^Its a rumor that they are shopping.. the Texans are supposed to be interested.. I think we should give him one more year

Originally Posted by S Dizzel

^^Its a rumor that they are shopping.. the Texans are supposed to be interested.. I think we should give him one more year

Yeah, at least try him at FS now. I think he should be more comfortable being able to roam and react to the quarterback. But maybe Al knows something Idon't. After all, who saw Nnamdi Asomugha being a first round pick. Anyways, I'd love to see us sign a wideout before the draft. Lord knows we needone. And maybe Al can trade for a few more picks i.e. that 3rd rounder we
need.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

I still wouldn't count out the Raiders getting McFadden...having a 1-2 punch will always be a great thing to have, especially since the Raiders are very much a run oriented team...and although Fargas did do a great job for us this season, he does run very hard for a little RB and isn't as reliable as you'd think...he gets banged up a lot and i'm sure having McFadden take some of that load will help...

Now, I know we got Rhodes and Jordan too...but Jordan I doubt will be back next season, and although Rhodes did put some spark the last games of the season I don't know what the plans are with him either...we'll just have to wait and see...I'd love to see Dorsey or Long as a Raider though
pimp.gif
Long would be a nice addition to the raiders defensive line and I'm glad that we agreed to terms with Drew Carter finally getting some betterreceivers for Russell to throw to

man drew carter ? come on.. I hope we got em for cheap.. and we should have signed david carr for $1m for a 1yr contract to backup russell.. quinn gray isgoing to command 3mil a year

wow.. $2million for drew carter? al davis is tripping.. why not go for a guy like bryant johnson who actually has decent production

Raiders might sign Kevin Carter

Culpepper might return to OAK as a backup QB.. might be good for the raiders if hes cheap

also.. raiders might sign chris myers to a offer sheet... this would be nice.. this way newberry wont be resigned and jake grove can move to RG.. myers isyoung and durable and would fit in well with the Raiders OL

why do u fools want mcfadden and say bush is unproven lol neither has played in the nfl yet so same level to me and i think bush is gonna be better

i like d hall but we didnt really need a corner and for a 2nd round. i jus hope we trade out the 4 spot maybe to lions or to the cowboys. or maybe al davis jusdoesnt want to draft this year we should jus trade all our draft picks away

i like d hall but we didnt really need a corner and for a 2nd round. i jus hope we trade out the 4 spot maybe to lions or to the cowboys. or maybe al davis jusdoesnt want to draft this year we should jus trade all our draft picks away

Back
Top Bottom