**[Official] Oakland Raiders 2011 Offseason Thread**

Our offense has to stay on the field longer, the D was on the field damn near the whole first half against SD. 

Our offense has to stay on the field longer, the D was on the field damn near the whole first half against SD. 

Originally Posted by AG 47

I dig that, but if we're talking about fairness...how was it fair that Campbell was "named" the starter in the offseason?

-There was no open QB competition, which was a little strange considering the then "backup" was a guy who lead the team to shocking victories over
Cincy and Pittsburgh.

-Maybe Campbell didn't get enough snaps in that first season, but Campbell is no rookie. Would it be fair to say we know who he is after 5 seasons in the league?

I mean I don't want it to seem like I don't like Campbell...I do honestly, but above all, I want to win.
pimp.gif

Just win, baby.

I dig that, but if we're talking about fairness...how was it fair that Campbell was "named" the starter in the offseason?

-There was no open QB competition, which was a little strange considering the then "backup" was a guy who lead the team to shocking victories over
Cincy and Pittsburgh.

-Maybe Campbell didn't get enough snaps in that first season, but Campbell is no rookie. Would it be fair to say we know who he is after 5 seasons in the league?

I mean I don't want it to seem like I don't like Campbell...I do honestly, but above all, I want to win.
pimp.gif

Just win, baby.

I'm sad that I won't be in the bay for this epic battle.
Nonetheless, GO RAIDAZ!
al_davis.jpg

I'm sad that I won't be in the bay for this epic battle.
Nonetheless, GO RAIDAZ!
al_davis.jpg

It feels like we're worse than 2-4, but the more I see it the better I feel.

Let this team beat Denver and move from there. This division is not going to get away from anyone for a good while.

It feels like we're worse than 2-4, but the more I see it the better I feel.

Let this team beat Denver and move from there. This division is not going to get away from anyone for a good while.

anyways, it seems like we always play well in Denver, no matter who the qb is.

i believe Charlie Frye started last year at Denver, and Jamarcus came in and got the win.

so if those two can get the W, then maybe Boller can pull one out. he did play pretty well in the pre season. but that's pre season.

anyways, it seems like we always play well in Denver, no matter who the qb is.

i believe Charlie Frye started last year at Denver, and Jamarcus came in and got the win.

so if those two can get the W, then maybe Boller can pull one out. he did play pretty well in the pre season. but that's pre season.

What's the timetable on Gradkowski's injury? Could he start Sunday?

Doesn't look likely.  Now begins the Kyle Boller era.
[h2]http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/5042.html
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/5042.html[h2]Raiders: Kyle Boller looking like the starter vs. Denver[/h2]
It appears that the Oakland Raiders will start their third quarterback of the season when they face the Denver Broncos. Per surfacing reports, Kyle Boller is expected to be under center on Sunday. Jason Campbell, who posted the second worst passer rating by a Raider since the 1970 NFL merger versus the 49ers last week, has a knee sprain that will prevent him from practicing fully. He has struggled so far this season, so at this point, Oakland believes it is in their best interest to field their healthiest passer.

Bruce Gradkowski has not practiced in over a week because of a shoulder injury that may be more serious than first diagnosed. Tom Cable emphatically stated, “Oh, absolutely, absolutely,
[/h2]

What's the timetable on Gradkowski's injury? Could he start Sunday?

Doesn't look likely.  Now begins the Kyle Boller era.
[h2]http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/5042.html
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/5042.html[h2]Raiders: Kyle Boller looking like the starter vs. Denver[/h2]
It appears that the Oakland Raiders will start their third quarterback of the season when they face the Denver Broncos. Per surfacing reports, Kyle Boller is expected to be under center on Sunday. Jason Campbell, who posted the second worst passer rating by a Raider since the 1970 NFL merger versus the 49ers last week, has a knee sprain that will prevent him from practicing fully. He has struggled so far this season, so at this point, Oakland believes it is in their best interest to field their healthiest passer.

Bruce Gradkowski has not practiced in over a week because of a shoulder injury that may be more serious than first diagnosed. Tom Cable emphatically stated, “Oh, absolutely, absolutely,
[/h2]

well there goes this season. we dont have a 1st round pick, lets try for at least 6 wins this year please.

well there goes this season. we dont have a 1st round pick, lets try for at least 6 wins this year please.

I'll be in Denver this weekend so i'll be going to the game. I am so disappointed with our QB situation
30t6p3b.gif
. I wish Bruce was healthy. I dont see us winning with Campbell or Boller. Regardless i'll be there rocking my raiders gear and reppin the NATION�(30yd line row 33 visitors side
happy.gif
)

BTW just saw these two vids and thought they were pimp
glasses.gif

I'll be in Denver this weekend so i'll be going to the game. I am so disappointed with our QB situation
30t6p3b.gif
. I wish Bruce was healthy. I dont see us winning with Campbell or Boller. Regardless i'll be there rocking my raiders gear and reppin the NATION�(30yd line row 33 visitors side
happy.gif
)

BTW just saw these two vids and thought they were pimp
glasses.gif

Via Twitter from Vittorio Tafur:

Jason Campbell, if healthy, will get the nod over Kyle Boller at quarterback, Raiders coach Tom Cable said
frown.gif

0878.darth_5F00_vader_5F00_nooo1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom