**[Official] Oakland Raiders 2011 Offseason Thread**

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Basically at the end of the season when we have the better record we should hit up happy hour. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by TheGift23

d4f93714679d47a8935089b4cb892c89.jpg

Keep the job this time for good Jason!
smokin.gif
no thanks

personally i also hope Jason can keep the starting job, i mean that's what we brought him here for, to start.

Bruce is appreciated, but i would like to see Jason cement his starting spot and keep playing well.

and that video
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smokin.gif
no thanks

personally i also hope Jason can keep the starting job, i mean that's what we brought him here for, to start.

Bruce is appreciated, but i would like to see Jason cement his starting spot and keep playing well.

and that video
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smokin.gif
no thanks

Cosign. Bruce is still the better QB for this team. Murphy and DHB were non existent with Campbell in there. Forgot we had widenreceivers with Campbell.With that said Campbell will start Sunday vs SF. I wish him the best and hope he breaks out. I just think people are given him too much credit for the win. Bush and miller were the stars on offense yesterday fighting for yards and scratching their way to a score. The defense and special teams got us the win eventhouh the secondary got destroyed for most of the game. Bruce will not be back for a while so that's sucks. He makes the big plays we need since we can't expect SPec Teams to get us 12pts every game.

smokin.gif
no thanks

Cosign. Bruce is still the better QB for this team. Murphy and DHB were non existent with Campbell in there. Forgot we had widenreceivers with Campbell.With that said Campbell will start Sunday vs SF. I wish him the best and hope he breaks out. I just think people are given him too much credit for the win. Bush and miller were the stars on offense yesterday fighting for yards and scratching their way to a score. The defense and special teams got us the win eventhouh the secondary got destroyed for most of the game. Bruce will not be back for a while so that's sucks. He makes the big plays we need since we can't expect SPec Teams to get us 12pts every game.

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

smokin.gif
no thanks

and that video
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Bruce is my dude and all but over the course of a season there's no way he's gives us a better chance to win then Campbell. The decision to bench him was premature in the first place .

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Cosign.Bruce is still the better QB for this team. Murphy and DHB were nonexistent with Campbell in there. Forgot we had widenreceivers withCampbell.With that said Campbell will start Sunday vs SF. I wish himthe best and hope he breaks out. I just think people are given him toomuch credit for the win. Bush and miller were the stars on offenseyesterday fighting for yards and scratching their way to a score. Thedefense and special teams got us the win eventhouh the secondary gotdestroyed for most of the game. Bruce will not be back for a while sothat's sucks. He makes the big plays we need since we can't expect SPecTeams to get us 12pts every game.
I don't see how Murphy and DHB being invisible for the majority of the season has anything to do with Campbell. I also don't see the point in discrediting Campbell for the completions he threw to Miller yesterday.

Raider fans have always been in love with Bruce and rightfully so. We love the underdog, dude is a baller and plays his heart out. But at the same time Raider fans have always been to quick credit legitimate team victories soley to him.

Dude just doesn't have the tools to consistently and reliably pass the ball in this league. It pains me every time I see him chuck the football from the waist as hard as he can possibly can just to get the ball 35 yards down field. Yall ever notice the trajectory of the ball every time Bruce throws the ball down field? He's not even particularly accurate. Campbell has superior tools and IMO never got a legitimate shot to hold down the job.

On a somewhat positive note, I wouldn't attribute a single one of our losses to QB play this season, something I haven't been able to say in the last couple years. 

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

smokin.gif
no thanks

and that video
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Bruce is my dude and all but over the course of a season there's no way he's gives us a better chance to win then Campbell. The decision to bench him was premature in the first place .

Cosign.Bruce is still the better QB for this team. Murphy and DHB were nonexistent with Campbell in there. Forgot we had widenreceivers withCampbell.With that said Campbell will start Sunday vs SF. I wish himthe best and hope he breaks out. I just think people are given him toomuch credit for the win. Bush and miller were the stars on offenseyesterday fighting for yards and scratching their way to a score. Thedefense and special teams got us the win eventhouh the secondary gotdestroyed for most of the game. Bruce will not be back for a while sothat's sucks. He makes the big plays we need since we can't expect SPecTeams to get us 12pts every game.
I don't see how Murphy and DHB being invisible for the majority of the season has anything to do with Campbell. I also don't see the point in discrediting Campbell for the completions he threw to Miller yesterday.

Raider fans have always been in love with Bruce and rightfully so. We love the underdog, dude is a baller and plays his heart out. But at the same time Raider fans have always been to quick credit legitimate team victories soley to him.

Dude just doesn't have the tools to consistently and reliably pass the ball in this league. It pains me every time I see him chuck the football from the waist as hard as he can possibly can just to get the ball 35 yards down field. Yall ever notice the trajectory of the ball every time Bruce throws the ball down field? He's not even particularly accurate. Campbell has superior tools and IMO never got a legitimate shot to hold down the job.

On a somewhat positive note, I wouldn't attribute a single one of our losses to QB play this season, something I haven't been able to say in the last couple years. 

I don't see how Murphy and DHB being invisible for the majority of the season has anything to do with Campbell.

Campbell plays not to lose. He rarely plays to win ball games. By this I mean that you will see the checkdowns to the RB's time after time.

The reason why DHB and Murphy weren't involved is because we took VERY few shots down the field.

That's the difference between Campbell and Gradkowski. Grad will take that shot down the field, for good or bad. You see an almost completely different WR
core with Gradkowski under helm rather than Campbell.

To Jason's credit, I'm not sure he's been here long enough to develop a rapport with our WR's and feel comfortable throwing them the deep balls our offense is predicated on.

Aside from yesterday, Gradkowski has moved this team with a different rhythm than anyone else under center.

I don't see how Murphy and DHB being invisible for the majority of the season has anything to do with Campbell.

Campbell plays not to lose. He rarely plays to win ball games. By this I mean that you will see the checkdowns to the RB's time after time.

The reason why DHB and Murphy weren't involved is because we took VERY few shots down the field.

That's the difference between Campbell and Gradkowski. Grad will take that shot down the field, for good or bad. You see an almost completely different WR

To Jason's credit, I'm not sure he's been here long enough to develop a rapport with our WR's and feel comfortable throwing them the deep balls our offense is predicated on.

Aside from yesterday, Gradkowski has moved this team with a different rhythm than anyone else under center.

smokin.gif
no thanks

Co-sign both of you. We need Bruce to rest, and getback out there when hes 100%. The team plays differently when he's in there- offense and defense. Jason had a good game yesterday, but didn't do anything to make me think he should be in their for the long run.

smokin.gif
no thanks

Co-sign both of you. We need Bruce to rest, and getback out there when hes 100%. The team plays differently when he's in there- offense and defense. Jason had a good game yesterday, but didn't do anything to make me think he should be in their for the long run.

Originally Posted by AG 47

I just don't think Campbell has had enough snaps to fairly evaluate his performance on the season. The Tennessee game was a %@@%##$ disaster for our O-line. I can't hold Campbell accountable for that one.

Obviously it's hard to challenge what Cable did week two because Bruce came in, immediately turned things around and got the W but I can't cosign benching your starting quarter back six quarters into the season.

Originally Posted by AG 47

I just don't think Campbell has had enough snaps to fairly evaluate his performance on the season. The Tennessee game was a %@@%##$ disaster for our O-line. I can't hold Campbell accountable for that one.

Obviously it's hard to challenge what Cable did week two because Bruce came in, immediately turned things around and got the W but I can't cosign benching your starting quarter back six quarters into the season.

I dig that, but if we're talking about fairness...how was it fair that Campbell was "named" the starter in the offseason?

-There was no open QB competition, which was a little strange considering the then "backup" was a guy who lead the team to shocking victories over
Cincy and Pittsburgh.

-Maybe Campbell didn't get enough snaps in that first season, but Campbell is no rookie. Would it be fair to say we know who he is after 5 seasons in the league?

I mean I don't want it to seem like I don't like Campbell...I do honestly, but above all, I want to win.

I dig that, but if we're talking about fairness...how was it fair that Campbell was "named" the starter in the offseason?

-There was no open QB competition, which was a little strange considering the then "backup" was a guy who lead the team to shocking victories over
Cincy and Pittsburgh.

-Maybe Campbell didn't get enough snaps in that first season, but Campbell is no rookie. Would it be fair to say we know who he is after 5 seasons in the league?

I mean I don't want it to seem like I don't like Campbell...I do honestly, but above all, I want to win.

i dont need to see campbell pass up open receivers downfield anymore. this checkdown bs isnt going to get it done every week. how can he still be scared to pull the trigger out there? bruce is by far the best option we have.

i dont need to see campbell pass up open receivers downfield anymore. this checkdown bs isnt going to get it done every week. how can he still be scared to pull the trigger out there? bruce is by far the best option we have.

Why do we alway make excuses for the guys with the prototypical tools? Campbell excuses include he has no time he has too many playbooks he is not use to the offense. Grads came in last year as a new guy and tore it up on a new team with no protection. It's like we want to force players to be good. If u went to a big school and are over 6.2 u get all the chances like campbell, jamarcuss, Brady Quinn, alex smith and Matt Leinart. But guys like Bruce gradkowski, Doug floutie , jeff Garcia , drew brees and Kurt warner have to get to superbowl to get any respect... Why is that? Bruce is good he puts up over 20 PTA a game and last week was leading in pass yardage through the air. What does this guy have to do?

It's the same thing with teams. The chiefs still get no respect At 3 and 1 and everyone is waiting for them to lose while the cowboys 1 and 3 are respected and everyone is making excuses for them why? Let's forget what we determine talents to be and just focus on results. Short tall fast slow weak strong who cares it's matters who gets to the endzone more oftenSorry for the spelling my iPhone hijacks my words and sentences

Why do we alway make excuses for the guys with the prototypical tools? Campbell excuses include he has no time he has too many playbooks he is not use to the offense. Grads came in last year as a new guy and tore it up on a new team with no protection. It's like we want to force players to be good. If u went to a big school and are over 6.2 u get all the chances like campbell, jamarcuss, Brady Quinn, alex smith and Matt Leinart. But guys like Bruce gradkowski, Doug floutie , jeff Garcia , drew brees and Kurt warner have to get to superbowl to get any respect... Why is that? Bruce is good he puts up over 20 PTA a game and last week was leading in pass yardage through the air. What does this guy have to do?

It's the same thing with teams. The chiefs still get no respect At 3 and 1 and everyone is waiting for them to lose while the cowboys 1 and 3 are respected and everyone is making excuses for them why? Let's forget what we determine talents to be and just focus on results. Short tall fast slow weak strong who cares it's matters who gets to the endzone more oftenSorry for the spelling my iPhone hijacks my words and sentences

Back
Top Bottom