OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

That's actually a good package, we have better picks, but player wise, they did good.

Sexton seems to have issues though, so ...

Knicks were gonna be called dumb for trading for Donovan Mitchell.

Now, we gonna hear how Knicks are dumb for not trading for Donovan Mitchell.

Epic Stephen A Smith rant incoming

I don't really care what the media says ... we did good. We upgraded our PG amd still have all our picks going forward. What we do with them, Leon has shown what we do. If a good player falls to us, we pick them, if not we flip then for future picks. If our team do good, we identify what need / area we could improve and trade. I think we really are in a way better position that we have been in decades.

TG thats finally over with. the Cavs were a playoff team before Donovan, and they'll likely be one with him, so those picks are going to be in the 20s. Donavon likely wont sign an extension their anyway, so there's no real winner in this trade long term. maybe the Cavs short term, but i dont see them winning the East.

I don't really care what the media says ... we did good. We upgraded our PG amd still have all our picks going forward. What we do with them, Leon has shown what we do. If a good player falls to us, we pick them, if not we flip then for future picks. If our team do good, we identify what need / area we could improve and trade. I think we really are in a way better position that we have been in decades.

exactly. for once, we didnt succumb to the pressure. staying the course, improving our players, while still being competive-ish, AND acquiring/keeping future assets.

I'm happy there's closure now so don't have to worry or think about this anymore... kinda wish we did the deal but defensively we would suck...I have a feeling thibs and or Leon is next to go if we don't make the playoffs... wasn't the point of getting Leon is so we can sign/trade for stars under CAA?

FbmHd5SVEAADTqn

I said then in july, when jazz ask for some young players and didnt want RJ, and they wanted 5-6 picks, i said we trash at drafting players, aside fom RJ and KP, we're not good, im alright giving away all those picks if we get donovan. we should did the trade when they wanted Quick, evan, tobi and picks.

priority #1 now should be getting rid of randle. can't have someone that needs the ball all the time to be effective playing on this team when other players don't have the same needs and get treated differently. this team becomes more dynamic and together without him. if they can't make this happen, then i feel like the ship for the knicks suits will begin to sail ever closer to failure

Back
Top Bottom