Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

View media item 870500Italian Cypress
Eau de Parfum
by TOM FORD Private Blend

The Scoop
There’s a slow-burn quality at the heart of Italian Cypress, like the scent that’s exuded from a sun-warmed grove of cypress trees just as it’s beginning to get dark, the thick green resins in the air matched by the coolness of trees swaying in the breeze. Basil and mint accent its greenness, with a touch of clove’s warming spiciness, while the richness of its ambery base warms its cool greens.

Italian Cypress has an old-school, 1970s sexy feel to it, the silent-but-strong type who would be cast as a leading man of few — but significant — words.

5ml 15.00
10ml 25.00
15ml 36.00
20ml 46.00
30ml 66.00
50ml 105.00

Any questions pm me

40ml gone

160ml left

Last edited:
I think I'm hooked... Finally started reading this thread, reading some on the basenotes forums, etc., bought a bunch of sample sizes from fragrancenet.. then a few more from Ebay, now I'm looking at trying some more :lol:

I've seen plenty of discussion and recommendations throughout the thread, but what's everyones top choices/favorites at the moment?

Aventus and Herod. Wish there was more winter so I could get some more use out of the Herod

I think I'm hooked... Finally started reading this thread, reading some on the basenotes forums, etc., bought a bunch of sample sizes from fragrancenet.. then a few more from Ebay, now I'm looking at trying some more :lol:

I've seen plenty of discussion and recommendations throughout the thread, but what's everyones top choices/favorites at the moment?

Aventus is fire. That Herod is real nice. Is just picked up bond no.9 Wall Street that is gonna be a summer fav. Sal Marin is gonna be in heavy rotation this summer also. But the hottest **** this summer will be that TOM FORD Italian Cypress :tongue:

Aventus is fire. That Herod is real nice. Is just picked up bond no.9 Wall Street that is gonna be a summer fav. Sal Marin is gonna be in heavy rotation this summer also. But the hottest **** this summer will be that TOM FORD Italian Cypress :tongue:
definitely gonna be a while before you sell all that. It took me easily over a month to sell all my tobacco vanille and I'd definitely say it's more popular than Italian cypress

I know was just joking around with him. I wish I would have been lurking when you had the TV. Did you email ebates about your money yet? If not when you copy and paste your order number leave out we're it shows your coupon code. This first email I sent showed it and they shot it down then I resubmitted it and they said the would follow up with the fragrance net.com to verify the order.

I guess I forgot to even go through ebates or something. There's not even a tracking ticket for the day I ordered it

Thanks for all the suggestions

Right now I have some samples of Aventus, Mont Blanc Legend, Pure Malt, Pure Havane, Dior Homme Intense, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, and I have some YSL L'Homme samples, Green Irish Tweed, a couple Bond No 9s, and Bleu de Chanel on their way :lol: So I'm trying to see what I like.

I've read how various batches of Aventus can be different, but I'm already a fan of the sample I have. I like the Mont Blanc, DHI, and Pure Malt a lot too. I'm REALLY looking forward to the YSL L'Homme because I've tried it out before and I was a huge fan, I just never got around to buying it.

I have to fight the urge to go nuts and buy up a ton of new stuff.. pace myself and build slowly :lol:

Right now I have some samples of Aventus, Mont Blanc Legend, Pure Malt, Pure Havane, Dior Homme Intense, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, and I have some YSL L'Homme samples, Green Irish Tweed, a couple Bond No 9s, and Bleu de Chanel on their way :lol: So I'm trying to see what I like.

I've read how various batches of Aventus can be different, but I'm already a fan of the sample I have. I like the Mont Blanc, DHI, and Pure Malt a lot too. I'm REALLY looking forward to the YSL L'Homme because I've tried it out before and I was a huge fan, I just never got around to buying it.

I have to fight the urge to go nuts and buy up a ton of new stuff.. pace myself and build slowly :lol:

Sounds like you got a lot of good stuff to try out with alot of versatility. YSL is an average light spring summer scent to me, it almost is so soft I could possibly consider it unisex.

Right now I have some samples of Aventus, Mont Blanc Legend, Pure Malt, Pure Havane, Dior Homme Intense, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, and I have some YSL L'Homme samples, Green Irish Tweed, a couple Bond No 9s, and Bleu de Chanel on their way
laugh.gif
So I'm trying to see what I like.

I have to fight the urge to go nuts and buy up a ton of new stuff.. pace myself and build slowly
laugh.gif
I actually wore l'homme today and got two compliments. It's so inoffensive, everyone seems to like it on me, and it's one of the few designers I actually decided to buy. Longevity is an issue but, I just resprayed before I went out at night. It's also pretty cheap for 100ml. 

As for the stuff you have, really light blue is really the only one I dislike. Now that smells "synthetic" to me. I haven't tried any Mont Blancs though.

I don't like GiT on me, but it's quality. Skin chemistry is pretty important too. Sometimes I smell something on a card or on someone else that smells amazing and on me it doesn't do it. It happens.

Here's some stuff you might want to try out or at least look into to see if the notes are in your taste. I tried to mention things that other people hadn't so far as much as possible. There are lots of good suggestions already.

Chanel - sycomore, I also really like Allure Homme Sport, and to a lesser degree, Allure Homme

ADG essenza

L'instant de Guerlain pour homme extreme

Tom Ford Noir de Noir (people seem to like the private blend line in general)

Dior - Bois D'argent

Serge Lutens - Chergui, Five o'clock au gingembre. Serges Lutens in general comes across as not overpriced at all to me for what it is. It can be had for relatively cheap considering the quality.

tea for two and Gucci pour homme ii you might like if you like tea

lonestar memories, clive christian c and tuscan leather by tom ford if you want to try a few leather scents.

Creeds I think are worth trying for sure - Aventus, Silver Mountain Water, Pure white

Things I want to sample really badly right now -

Xerjoff - 1861, Dhajala

Byredo - Bal d'Afrique

Nasomatto - pardon

**** I'll be wearing this summer - l'homme, aventus, sel marin, rose 31, adg essenza, and noir de noir for some nights.

I try to sample a lot and buy relatively few bottles until I'm sure. You definitely won't like all of those, but you're bound to like some. Try and get free samples whenever possible for the easier to find stuff. I'd generally rather do a split than order a sample, though sampling in the beginning and throughout is pretty important.

There are also really quality splitters in this thread that have some good splits open. Pretty much always the best value

Last edited:
Appreciate the detailed suggestions. It's funny you mentioned disliking the Light Blue because that's the one I was iffy on so far. I haven't worn it on myself, but it was definitely my least favorite... I don't know what turned me off, but something didn't smell right.

We'll see how I like the YSL samples, I remember loving the scent awhile back, but that might have changed. Wore Aventus out tonight.. I can't wait to make this a regular in my rotation.. it's awesome. Also wore the Mont Blanc at work the night before and I loved it as well. I'm really excited to try out as much as I can right now, but I'm definitely sold on a few so far. Aventus, DHI, probably Pure Malt, and the Mont Blanc Legend... but I'll see how I like the new samples I have coming in.

Appreciate the detailed suggestions. It's funny you mentioned disliking the Light Blue because that's the one I was iffy on so far. I haven't worn it on myself, but it was definitely my least favorite... I don't know what turned me off, but something didn't smell right.

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, right? If so, I think you have to give it time to grow on you. I didn't like it at first either, but my buddy wore it pretty often and I just started liking it after a while. It's a nice, daytime scent for the summer. Think of it as a go-to cologne for grabbing lunch with friends or running errands, it's not gonna impress anyone, but if you're wearing jeans and a t-shirt then you're not trying to impress anyone anyway.

Yeah, I can see it fitting well there. I'd like to switch it up for my casual, summer daytime cologne which has always been Polo Blue.. and I will always have a soft spot for Cool Water which was my first "real" cologne in HS :lol: Plus my first serious girlfriend LOVED it on me and she always wore Cool Water for women which still gets me if I smell it and it's been years and years. Hell, I think I still wear Polo Double Black because she used to compliment it so much :lol: That and I just love it on my own.

I'm legitimately excited to try out as much as I can. I'm afraid this is going to become an expensive interest :lol:

The women's D & G Light Blue smells almost exactly like Creed Hardin d'almalfi which is like $6/ml I would most definitely check that out if I were ya'll.

Whoever mentioned Carnal Flower, it's a masterpiece as far as quality but tuberose is one of my most hated notes it's way too pungent. Portrait of a Lady on the other hand by Frédéric Malle I could wear every day.

The women's D & G Light Blue smells almost exactly like Creed Hardin d'almalfi which is like $6/ml I would most definitely check that out if I were ya'll.

Whoever mentioned Carnal Flower, it's a masterpiece as far as quality but tuberose is one of my most hated notes it's way too pungent. Portrait of a Lady on the other hand by Frédéric Malle I could wear every day.

I love the smell of dg light blue on a woman , too bad my lady doesn't like it. She usually wears a ysl parfume the name is slipping me or viva la juicy

D&G light blue is nice but it reminds me of every other girl in college

I think that was the official perfume
of every sorositute at Penn State

Last edited:
My paypal account can't wait to see what will be split next. I am really liking this Pure Malt in the cold Michigan winter. Thinking I will have to buy a bottle if they do plan on nixing it.

Back
Top Bottom