Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Good to know ya'll like Herod.. I have another from Parfums de Marly I want to split. "Pegasus" probably the best vanilla scent on the market. Can't even really explain it, but its also amazing.
I'm a sucker for vanilla I feel like I need to smell this. 

Wore L'Homme for the first time in a couple months, personal favorite
pimp.gif
I remember once buying l'homme because it was far and away the least offensive smell in a department store where I had a really nice lady helping me. It's a pretty good scent though, and takes an almost effervescent turn on my skin which is sort of invigorating.

My issue with L'instant is that I really appreciate the uniqueness and the dry down, but my bottle is much more orange citrus right off the top than my sample (both from the guerlain boutique) and it kind of grosses me out. Once you get past that though, it's great.

Right now I'm trying out Oud Wood and it's blowing me away. Great performance and smell. I like it better than tobacco vanille and tobacco oud.

Last edited:

Good to know ya'll like Herod.. I have another from Parfums de Marly I want to split. "Pegasus" probably the best vanilla scent on the market. Can't even really explain it, but its also amazing.

Better than Sublime Vanille? I'll have to try this
nerd.gif
Lol!! Hell to the f ya.. Pegasus is to Sublime Vanille what Herod is to Tobacco Vanille.. Blows it out the water. Pegasus has monster, inoffensive sillage.

Top notes: bergamot, heliotrope and cumin. Heart: jasmine, bitter almond and lavender. Base: amber, vanilla and sandalwood.

Creamy florals in the top, a milky almond-vanilla in the mid and a vanilla/woody base. If you like Herod, Givenchy Pi/Play Intense, or anything else with vanilla you'd love this.

how does it compare to guerlain's spiritueuse double vanille? 

I have a sample of that and thought it was pretty good, but I don't have a lot of vanilla to compare it to since its not really my thing.

Last edited:
That's what I figured. Thanks guys!

Had a chance to try out scent of peace for him by bond no.9 and was pleastly surprised. Nice fresh scent that got me compliments throughout the day at the mall. But my favorite Bond no.9 is still Wallstreet. There's just something about that sea kale and cucumber that that works well...it almost does smell like new money to me :lol:

One of my favorite cold weather scents is Musc Ravageur :pimp: might have been my 1st niche scent that I got a hold off. That stuff is amazing :pimp:

Was walking through Saks for all-star weekend and this lady sprayed this scent on a card. Turns out it was a limited edition bond no. 9 created for New Orleans. It smelled great...and for that price, it better:lol:

how does it compare to guerlain's spiritueuse double vanille? 

I have a sample of that and thought it was pretty good, but I don't have a lot of vanilla to compare it to since its not really my thing.
Double vanille is more of a vanilla extract, compared to this. Not that the vanilla in Pegasus doesn't smell natural. It's nothing like the plastic-y vanilla in Tobacco vanille tho. Somewhere in between those two.

Individuel still going strong after 6 1/2 hours
Smells great, inexpensive, solid longevity so far
Very satisfied with my purchase

Was walking through Saks for all-star weekend and this lady sprayed this scent on a card. Turns out it was a limited edition bond no. 9 created for New Orleans. It smelled great...and for that price, it better:lol:

That sounds dope. Any more info?

from what i understood http is bondvetus.

when that virgin island water split is up, i'm in.

Lol!! Hell to the f ya.. Pegasus is to Sublime Vanille what Herod is to Tobacco Vanille.. Blows it out the water. Pegasus has monster, inoffensive sillage.

Top notes: bergamot, heliotrope and cumin. Heart: jasmine, bitter almond and lavender. Base: amber, vanilla and sandalwood.

Creamy florals in the top, a milky almond-vanilla in the mid and a vanilla/woody base. If you like Herod, Givenchy Pi/Play Intense, or anything else with vanilla you'd love this.
Vanilla scents are by far my favorite, Pi is definitely in my rotation.  I should've got in on your Herod split, but I'm not a huge fan of tobacco scents, especially Tobacco Vanille.  I'll be in on this split, let me know when to send the payment and for how much.

I remember once buying l'homme because it was far and away the least offensive smell in a department store where I had a really nice lady helping me. It's a pretty good scent though, and takes an almost effervescent turn on my skin which is sort of invigorating.

My issue with L'instant is that I really appreciate the uniqueness and the dry down, but my bottle is much more orange citrus right off the top than my sample (both from the guerlain boutique) and it kind of grosses me out. Once you get past that though, it's great.

Right now I'm trying out Oud Wood and it's blowing me away. Great performance and smell. I like it better than tobacco vanille and tobacco oud.
After wearing Happy and Allure Homme, the citrus scent in L'Homme is almost non-existent to me
laugh.gif
.  I definitely get a more spicy scent than anything else from mine, the dry down doesn't change it much, if at all.

After wearing Happy and Allure Homme, the citrus scent in L'Homme is almost non-existent to me
laugh.gif
.  I definitely get a more spicy scent than anything else from mine, the dry down doesn't change it much, if at all.
I was talking about L'instant having too much citrus up top for me. I don't get very much citrus off of l'homme either. The only chanel I like that I've tried is sycomore. I have a really tough time with anything that opens up bathroom cleaner lemon or orange. I've had success with mandarin peel, sicilian lemon, and grapefruit as they don't make me recoil for the most part. I definitely don't seek out citrus based scents though. I find I only need 1-2 for summer.

Yesterday I was really liking Oud Wood at first, but the mid part of the experience left a lot to be desired. It sort of amped itself up unexpectedly, and wasn't as smooth as before. This morning it smells pretty good though, and still remains on me until I shower like most of my Tom Fords. Today I'm testing Songe d'un Bois d'Ete. 

Last edited:
Just added Gucci pour home II and Luna rossa to the collection. Was feeling Luna rossa while I was at the store, when I got home its alright nice clean safe scent that can be worn anytine during the day. But gph2 is unique!

Back
Top Bottom