Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Do ya'll spray on cologne straight out the shower.. or do you wait a little bit ? 

Last edited:
Just got the Aventus and GIT from NSJ, really liking both scents.  I don't smell the pineapple in Aventus and I'm actually lowkey feeling HTTP more.  Gonna have to give Aventus the fair treatment and try it out for a day before I make my final judgement though.  Any Sublime Vanille splits?
nerd.gif

Just got the Aventus and GIT from NSJ, really liking both scents.  I don't smell the pineapple in Aventus and I'm actually lowkey feeling HTTP more.  Gonna have to give Aventus the fair treatment and try it out for a day before I make my final judgement though.  Any Sublime Vanille splits? :nerd: ...

Pineapple really hits in dry down

I need to find a good rainy/cloudy day scent

Anything by Chanel IMO

Do ya'll spray on cologne straight out the shower.. or do you wait a little bit ? 

Right after I get dressed is when I spray down

Just got the Aventus and GIT from NSJ, really liking both scents.  I don't smell the pineapple in Aventus and I'm actually lowkey feeling HTTP more.  Gonna have to give Aventus the fair treatment and try it out for a day before I make my final judgement though.  Any Sublime Vanille splits?
nerd.gif
Pineapple really hits in dry down

Right after I get dressed is when I spray down
I sprayed a little bit on my wrist to see how it is and I'm really liking the scent now.  Once that initial leather scent fades, it's
pimp.gif
.  Still waiting on that pineapple though
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
.  I've read that not all batches have the pineapple scent, so maybe this is from one of those batches?

Side note: I remember you saying you spray both arms once and your neck once, right?  Do you spray your clothes as well?  I'm a clothes sprayer, but Aventus and HTTP are pretty strong, so I may go arms and neck...

Yeah I'm not crazy about Aventus until about 20 min in, the leather smell is kind of gross to me for about 10 minutes

I spray both arms and my neck usually 3 sprays or maybe like 5 half type sprays for more coverage

The Creed bottles can really spray

I spray Happy on my clothes but that's about it because it stays on there

Last edited:
damn, just got my sample of DHI, was so excited...sooooooooo glad I didnt cash out on a blind buy of the big bottle. This stuff is wack. Which is wild because it's been high on so many reviews. but then again, so has Fahrenheit , and that stuff is terrible. So you really, just have to be hopeful when you're gambling with blind buys.

the lipstick smell of DHI is bunz
Good thing you didnt blow your money on a blind buy.  

People PLEASE dont just go out and cop frags just because others rave about it on the net.  There are plenty sources to sample frags, even right here in this thread.  ALWAYS sample if possible.  Everyone has different tastes, especially with scents.  Just because its smells good on/to someone else doesn't mean it'll smell good on/to you.  Freeze saved himself a good chunk of wasted money by sampling first.  If something is a safe blind buy most times people will let you know.  And even then still be wary.

yup it's one of my all time favs; been wearing it since 2001 and a bottle never leaves my rotation
I just found a gift card from Macy's in my room while I was cleaning up from 2011
laugh.gif
.  Might have to pick it up since my friends caught on the YSL train.  You know of any vanilla scents Macy's might have worth checking out?...

Last edited:
Good advice.

I've been killing it with the Rose based fragrances lately, like it's become my favorite note and I use to hate it.

For the colder months.. A cheapie, but absolutely niche quality check out 24 Platinum by Scentstory. Wow. Similar to Montales Cafe Rose, but a fifth the price.

I just found a gift card from Macy's in my room while I was cleaning up from 2011 :lol: .  Might have to pick it up since my friends caught on the YSL train.  You know of any vanilla scents Macy's might have worth checking out?...

you could see if they might have some Chanel Allure Blanche Edition left which is awesome and vanilla based

Was in Macy's three weeks to drop the bread for Edition Blanche, they are all gone. apparently pulled from all retail shelves.

Givenchy Pi, is a legendary vanilla based frag.

Was in Macy's three weeks to drop the bread for Edition Blanche, they are all gone. apparently pulled from all retail shelves.

that sucks; the Sephora's around me still have a bottle or two on their shelves

Good advice.

I've been killing it with the Rose based fragrances lately, like it's become my favorite note and I use to hate it.

For the colder months.. A cheapie, but absolutely niche quality check out 24 Platinum by Scentstory. Wow. Similar to Montales Cafe Rose, but a fifth the price.
ever smell rose 31? I have a sample of it, tried it once, not my cup of tea
will have to try it out again

I love Rose 31, on first sniff I think I shouted W T F. Because it was far from what I expected.. But there is something about the Turkish spice market top-notes and the sharp rose that shines all the way through.

I tried Pi a while back, but I don't remember why I didn't end up buying it.  Gonna check it out tomorrow though, thanks for the heads up...

Good advice.

ever smell rose 31? I have a sample of it, tried it once, not my cup of tea
will have to try it out again
Hate Le Labo frags, especially rose 31.  So much money for frags that stink.  Frag snobs love it though.  I swear some people swear by these niche houses just because of hype 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom