OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my Del Sols this morning....BY FAR, the best fitting edition yet. I also find the traction better than the V's. This shoe fits like a glove....bring on more colorways!

Depending on availability, i dont see any of the non-hoh exlcusive selling out. I think we all learned we can wait on gr cause most v's are still available for under 100 and most even hit outlets.

^ New pictures of the concords (via Eastbay) look sweet. I will definitely be getting those. I hope they do look more white/concord in person, rather than greyish and concord. We shall see.

Concords and LA's are a must have 
pimp.gif

Overall I'd give them an 8/10
Last year I purchased a 10 in my V's and did the same with these. Although the toe box is slightly more compact it wasn't a problem for me. Note I wear 3 pair of socks when I play. 

Traction: Traction was actually better than I expected.  Given the pattern on the bottom I didn't have much confidence but I was able to make good cuts and slash to the basket without any slippage.  

Comfort: In my opinion the comfort was a big step down from the V. I prefer softer cushioning and the VI is pretty stiff our of the box. Before it was all said and done I ended up switching back to my POP V's. The zoom in the heel is a little more stiff than last years and so is the forefoot but overall still pretty comfortable.
  • Insole: pretty comfortable I'll probably be swapping it out for my zoom sockliner though. nothing like double stacked zoom in the heel. I play much bigger than my size so I have a lot of heel impact.
  • Midsole: didn't like the midsole at all was much more rigid than the IV or V but still pretty comfortable.  
  • Cushioning: like i said very firm very stiff to me fresh out of the box.

Stability: Big improvement from last year. The VI really locks your foot down, I had a few slippage problems with my V's but your foot is pretty much locked in the shoe.  The lacing system and the embedded flywire on these make for a great fit.  No complaints and felt extremely confident when driving to the basket that my heel wasn't going to slip. Happened a few times in my V's.

Court feel: Good court feel, not the ZKIV or V but still good. 

Weight: Feather light. good job of keeping the weight down.

Durability: these should last you a pretty long time especially if you're like me and you have a rotation.  No creases although I had a few scuffs. overall still a good shoe. looking forward to the concords.

Originally Posted by never wear them

And that's why I refuse to wear those energy/power bands. It messes up your natural ability to do what you normally are used to.
It'll change the amount of force you normally put in on a shot.
Be natural ppl.
That's why Kobes shots are off. Ever since he started wearing that crap he's been different/off.

That's my opinion tho. I believe muscle memory is the key to a perfect shot.
That powerband is a gimmick

Originally Posted by wasitthechad

Last year I purchased a 10 in my V's and did the same with these. Although the toe box is slightly more compact it wasn't a problem for me. Note I wear 3 pair of socks when I play. 

Traction: Traction was actually better than I expected.  Given the pattern on the bottom I didn't have much confidence but I was able to make good cuts and slash to the basket without any slippage.  

Comfort: In my opinion the comfort was a big step down from the V. I prefer softer cushioning and the VI is pretty stiff our of the box. Before it was all said and done I ended up switching back to my POP V's. The zoom in the heel is a little more stiff than last years and so is the forefoot but overall still pretty comfortable.
  • Insole: pretty comfortable I'll probably be swapping it out for my zoom sockliner though. nothing like double stacked zoom in the heel. I play much bigger than my size so I have a lot of heel impact.
  • Midsole: didn't like the midsole at all was much more rigid than the IV or V but still pretty comfortable.  

Stability: Big improvement from last year. The VI really locks your foot down, I had a few slippage problems with my V's but your foot is pretty much locked in the shoe.  The lacing system and the embedded flywire on these make for a great fit.  No complaints and felt extremely confident when driving to the basket that my heel wasn't going to slip. Happened a few times in my V's.

Durability: these should last you a pretty long time especially if you're like me and you have a rotation.  No creases although I had a few scuffs. overall still a good shoe. looking forward to the concords.

I like your mini review. I agree with your comparison with the V. My foot would also slip laterally in the V, and ZERO movement in the VI.

The damn thing actually works. I kept cracking up when the damn old lady was hanging from my arm! She was pressing down my arm and sort of had me off balance most of the time. Once I put that on I kept telling myself (bull****) and then she began to lean on my arm and ended up hanging onto it. Yeah I was off balance when she was on it but there was actually a difference.

But hell no I'm not paying 35$ for one.

Originally Posted by wasitthechad

thanks for that. 
however, they did say you need to play a few hours in them so the insoles can "mold to your foot". that could be why it was stiff.

Has there been a set release date for the Chaos yet? Been browsing the thread but haven't seen anything...

I was feeling the LAs when I first saw the Marqueesole pics, not so much after the recent pics. Not sure if I'll go after them. Glass Blues, Chaos, and the Rice VI are next on my hit list. I'll probably go ahead and cop the Del-Sols if Eastbay cancels my order the Green Mambas.

Originally Posted by nikeairon

Has there been a set release date for the Chaos yet? Been browsing the thread but haven't seen anything...
Concords:  1/15/11 Kobe VI  White/Black/Concord  429659-100,  $130
Chaos:       1/25/11 Zoom Kobe VI, Dark Grey/Metallic Silver,Glass Blue    429659-005, $130
Breds:        2/05/11 Zoom Kobe VI Black/White Varsity Red $130 429659-001
Duke:    3/05/11 Zoom Kobe VI Varsity Royal/White-Black $130 429659-400

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by GZA73

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by BrotiPoo

So 1/15 for the "Concords" and ten days after that the "CHAOS" & Glass-Blue suppose to come out? LOL!

Jordan release every seven days, Kobe release every 10 days now.

GREAT THING.

Not on the WALLET!

oh but it will be 
happy.gif
saturate the market, dudes will be choosier on what they purchase and shoes will sit and go on sale, or at least be available later for purchase.

tumblr_laj6kaVzmx1qace78.jpg
All these Kobes, plus Jordan Retros (3s, 13s & 7s), not to mention the Nike Free Run 2. My wife is going to kill me. PLUS I am running out of space in my cubicle to hide all these dang shoes. LOL!

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by Rightguard

It does not look like those who ordered from eastbay will be getting our pairs. Customer rep told me that they will not receive the kobes in!

This information is incorrect.  We have not canceled any orders and are still expecting to receive the shipment from Nike.  The associate you spoke with may have been confused as they are marked as "No Longer Available" in our system, which is only due to the fact that we have met our threshold for backorders, but unless our order is canceled with Nike (which it hasn't been) we will still be getting them.  Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

EastbayRep - Ryan
When is Eastbay, and by extension the customers, getting them? Wouldn't think it would be this tough to get info. Suggestion-Eastbay exec. picks up a phone, calls Nike "hey, where are the shoes we ordered and when are we getting them so we can update our customers?"

All these Kobes, plus Jordan Retros (3s, 13s & 7s), not to mention the Nike Free Run 2. My wife is going to kill me. PLUS I am running out of space in my cubicle to hide all these dang shoes. LOL!

Never understood this, if you are good financially, why would the wife be on you?   
laugh.gif

As long as the mortgage/rent is on time, and those bills are already paid for, why not treat yourself... 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

My wife is going to kill me. PLUS I am running out of space in my cubicle to hide all these dang shoes. LOL!
Never understood this, if you are good financially, why would the wife be on you?   
laugh.gif

As long as the mortgage/rent is on time, and those bills are already paid for, why not treat yourself... 

Where'd you find your wife FB?....lol...
I wanna do a trade in......

my "cubicle" has been downsized from orange boxes.....there is a lot of room for black boxes though....say what?????

^^^^ I bring mine home slowly too...most of the time they come to office, then they get worn, then home....got about 10 pairs in the office right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom