OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Kd's brother Tony just put this pic on ig

Way too Long If you go tts there will be a lot of room in toe area and If you size down by .5 they will be very snug width wise. Also the bottom of tongue is sewn down wich makes it even more restricting. Those are the facts

I always double sock so the length wise isn't a problem for me, so I'm glad I went TTS. I'll post my initial thoughts, hopefully they get in tomorrow so I can get some break-in time before Thursday. I want to wear them for my league game but it's crazy, past 6-7 months I've been strictly hooping in Kobe's and now I hoop in nothing but high-tops lol. Kinda nice to switch it up here and there...

^Maybe. YOTDs might just been particular to KD though cuz he was also born in the Year of the Dragon. But they'll probably come up with something cuz it'd be a chance for them to bank more money, and they've generally been expanding the whole Year of the ____ theme in the last couple years especially.

Yeah they did, also did it for the Jordan 2012s and 3 AF1s, plus probably a few others I don't even know about. I guess my point is, they didn't do a YOTD theme for every single shoe, just particular ones, so maybe the KDs got included cuz they're a sig and also cuz he's a Dragon.

Since snakes are definitely Kobe's thing as a theme, I just kinda wonder if they'd put that on another player's sig or leave that just to Kobe. I know it'd be kinda weird to see some Lion stuff on a Kobe shoe for example :lol:

Last edited:
got my pair from richards. went TTS. they fit perfect width wise but length wise..wow...its almost a the length of my heel in distance from where my foot ends to the back of the shoe. but when I wear them my foot doesnt slide what so ever, so i dont think it'll be to big of a deal. love the shoe tho

My KD 5 Marylands came in the mail today and they look great on feet! Allot of my friends didn't like them but when I showed them on foot they liked them. I got my true size (11) and they fit great, I just need to break them in.

What is tbs? Why is Richards used for d I c k s?
TB=team bank. Generic colors/colorblocking to help go with college, high school, or other teams.

See how you had to type spaces between the letters on D i c k s? That's why Richards is used. D i c k is short for Richard.

I got my pair from EastBay (Double boxed - to my surprise) and I think the upper material feels cheap and almost fragile. The Swoosh in the toe area looks like a sticker and seems like it will peel off if stepped on hard, during play. I have 12 pairs of the IV's and the one thing that I liked was that even though the shoe was Only $95, it felt like you were getting a lot more for your dollar. The V's don't feel that way. I definately don't see myself getting more than a handful of pairs if not, even less.

Back
Top Bottom