OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

indifferent.gif

straight trade or adding some cash
a pretty steep trade.... honestly i would rather have the KDs.... honestly i do hope you got some cash on top. you could've probably copped w/ at least $100-200 on top. but i do understand do what ever you can to get the pair you want...
Yea pretty much straight trade and I had dude give me $50 and he paid for shipping.

I paid $330 for the corks and tried to move them for a pretty good price but nothing was happening.

I saw the KD Galaxies and had to have them.I checked everywhere and definitely wasn't going to pay $650-$800 for a shoe right now.Also I only saw a couple Size 11's out there period and wanted these DS.I called my boy and he got me a deal with his boy.

I think I came out great on this deal and I am very happy.

I would take these over Corks any day of the week.I noticed the market was to flooded with them and got a great trade with them.

My bad on the double, but I have some questions for you guys. How is the quality of the kd iv? Heard that it was pretty cheap feeling. Wanting to pick one up, just curious.

My KD Gold Medals feel and look great on foot. The material doesn't crease much except for high stress areas like the heel. They fit well and I think it's an overally great shoe!

Yea pretty much straight trade and I had dude give me $50 and he paid for shipping.

I paid $330 for the corks and tried to move them for a pretty good price but nothing was happening.

I saw the KD Galaxies and had to have them.I checked everywhere and definitely wasn't going to pay $650-$800 for a shoe right now.Also I only saw a couple Size 11's out there period and wanted these DS.I called my boy and he got me a deal with his boy.

I think I came out great on this deal and I am very happy.

I would take these over Corks any day of the week.I noticed the market was to flooded with them and got a great trade with them.

Do you man. I have both and love my galaxies so not being biased, but I feel as if the the corks are going to skyrocket in value in another year or so once the market dries up (personally would've asked for more on that trade, you can dig around and find some DS pairs of KD galaxies around $400, you'll never find a pair of corks in that range).

Do you man. I have both and love my galaxies so not being biased, but I feel as if the the corks are going to skyrocket in value in another year or so once the market dries up (personally would've asked for more on that trade, you can dig around and find some DS pairs of KD galaxies around $400, you'll never find a pair of corks in that range).
I feel you fam,but I disagree.

I wasn't willing to wait on that possibility.I also didn't know how the Corks would hold up just sitting around either.I never wanted the corks to begin with and once I got them I knew I wasnt going to wear them.

Man,I searched like crazy to find these shoes and I never saw DS Galaxies in a size 11 anywhere near that price.I guarantee if someone did for that price it would be gone in less than 10 mins.I didn't want these preowned and if I wore a size 8 or 9maybe they would be cheaper but that wasnt the case.

I can picture the corks going for $500 and less very soon if they haven't already.Hell even most known kick sites are selling them for only $700 now and they usually do rape prices on shoes.When I did the trade,corks were going for $600 and selling for $575 in some auctions.What people forget is just because something is at a certain price that don't mean it will sell for that or is worth that.The corks were all just super inflated prices and people weren't selling them at those high prices after week 1.

That's when I knew it was bad and that it wasn't going to go back up to crazy prices.Nobody really wanted the shoe and most people just wanted to sell them or use them as trade bait.That flooded the market and made them near useless imo.Also I didn't want the fact that if I sold the shoe to someone it might not last many wears.I think the corks are crap and not very durable at all and didn't want that on my conscious.

The corks weren't what we thought they were lol.

The way I look at it is,if I sold the corks for $750,I still would have to buy the KD's for $600 or higher.Might as well just do the trade and avoid the hassle and wait.Buying the KD Galaxy DS and a size 11 at $335 is a steal.

Last edited:
Cork value will go up. A shoe that commemorates LBJ first championship and considering the materials used. A great collectors price. Just wait til more pairs are sold and worn. Not saying its gonna skyrocket but in a year the value will be higher than it is today ($600-700).

I definitely agree that it's a great collectors item.I just don't think they are very durable and can be worn like that.I saw so many pairs that were already creased or had problems without even being worn.That's the perfect shoe to frame,have 10 years from now or something like that..I'm good on them tho and will never ever regret the trade.

Got a couple more kicks in today.

Last edited:
^^^ So jealous of those pick ups. Finally got a pair of KD IVs when the new factory store around me opened. Not the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, but probably the best looking on my feet. Why couldn't I have started buying these when they were still in stores? :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Nice pickups ddash.

I've been wearing my black N7's pretty frequently over the past few months.  I need to buy another pair to stock.

Cork value will go up. A shoe that commemorates LBJ first championship and considering the materials used. A great collectors price. Just wait til more pairs are sold and worn. Not saying its gonna skyrocket but in a year the value will be higher than it is today ($600-700).

This. People aren't understanding they JUST dropped and the market hasn't dried up. TRUST me when they do they will go up, and be very hard to attain. And they'll hold up just fine this isn't a breakthrough, shoes have been made of cork before. If you had them in hand also should've realized it's a paper thin layering of cork glued onto a synthetic fabric upper (AKA not made of cork). I know I am going to wear the hell out of mine when I get my size (my buddy has been rocking his since day 1 and look great). To put in perspective, I paid reseller price for my Galaxies (220 shipped back then), when the market dried they went up, as with all shoes, so if these are selling in the 700 range (have never seen 500), what does that say? I saw a DS pair on my local CL about a month ago for $380 in 10.5. It's all about the hunt. On flightclub they're going for $600, which means minus the 20% they take you're already looking at 480 on the secondary market. If you really couldn't find them hovering around 400 you weren't looking hard enough. Another thing to note is that one shoe is in this case was EXTREMELY limited while the other was a GR. At the end of the day though if you're happy with the trade, more power to you :smokin. I personally love my pair, and is one of my favorite shoes I own.

Last edited:
No doubt fam.

I cant wait to rock my Galaxies this summer.They are definitely some of my favorite shoes

Last edited:
Kinda feel greedy since I have 3 pairs ( of course I unDS'd a pair). But when I saw these, they easily went straight to my top 10 grails.
Wouldn't sell them unless I got a great deal(something ridiculous that i couldn't pass)but it still would be difficult.

Last edited:
Can only get the gr releases in my size now, refuse to pay over 180 for a shoe that retailed for $180. Look nice, but that is one of my favorite parts of the kd iv

Can only get the gr releases in my size now, refuse to pay over 180 for a shoe that retailed for $180. Look nice, but that is one of my favorite parts of the kd iv
they retailed $95 not $180. these shoes are well worth over their retail price (being $95)....

Last edited:
I wear a size 12 normally, I have one pair of KD IV's in a 12 and another in a 12.5 and I prefer the 12.5.  Will be different for all of us, of course, but that's my personal situation.

Back
Top Bottom