OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

these look extremely cheap, not feeling them at all, the design is really un-aggressive
be patient, i dont think this is the final product, but you are right, that lunarlon insert is lookin super thin, is it supposed to be an insole or a midsole insert like the VII?

How about you guys both shut up before this thread gets locked? It's been going on for two pages already. Take it to PM.

135230113471698.jpg

135229966381822580x435.jpg

135229966218538580x435.jpg

135229928758664580x435.jpg

135229861782194580x435.jpg

135229916592638580x435.jpg

135229770185039580x435.jpg
So these are the authentic joints, right? Im in LOVE :D

Imma Kobe fan and all...But, damn...these shoes are gonna have to come in a 8v2 style or something, LOL.

I kinda dig the print on the medial side cuz if you look at it from a distance it looks has a cool color block to it, reminds me of the Air Up. The lateral side would look better if it followed the medial side pattern. I'm really more disgusted by the different shades of yellow. Take away the midsole yellow and make the sole darker then it'll be straight.

Have to see more colorways

An all mango/solar red colorway with a grey or milky mint tinted sole (Think Orange County Kobe 6's) would be amazing on these

I reckon these look good, even with the pattern. And they look light and comfortable. These could be the best Kobe's yet. Definitely be picking these up launch day!

updating first page....

just a reminder: PLEASE STICK TO THE TOPIC GUYS. NO sports talk in here please :smh:

anyway Lunarlon on this shoe? I'm more than excited :smokin

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I as well liked the tongue attached to the shoes, but this tongue looks better than the set up on the VII. I'm glad that, as far as I can tell, the system will just be different insoles instead of those wrap things. I wonder how the engineered mesh will feel while playing compared to the plastics used on the previous models.

Still very interested.

Yup, if its one thing I get every year it's the Xmas Kobe lol. Always the loudest of the bunch. Just tradition I guess
Ya for sure, always seems like the Kobe Christmas shoes are always the most eye catching yet controversial of the Nike sigs, but that's why so many people love them including me can't wait to see em.

These shoes are gonna be nice. I liked the VI but didn't really appreciate them until I saw the VII. These have a lot of potential.

Judging by the images, they look totally better than the previous ones. Aesthetically and performance-wise.

1st post here. Read through most of thread (aside for the non-sneaker stuff from the last few pages).

Big fan of the Kobe line since the IVs but limit my purchases to one a season (strictly for indoor ball).

Excited about what I'm seeing with the VIIIs so far but I've got some questions on the performance side for the VIIIs for those that may be more experienced with the tech being used this year.

1. Anyone have any experience with EM regarding breathability, durability or even the construction of EM? Can't seem to find much info on this tech or other performance models where Nike has used EM.

2. Has Lunarlon improved much since the IVs? Loved the IVs til they bottomed out and I hoped to play those IVs out for the rest of the season. Has anyone here picked up a pair of Hyperdunks or Hypergamers that can comment on the durability of the Lunerlon used in these models?

1st post here. Read through most of thread (aside for the non-sneaker stuff from the last few pages).
Big fan of the Kobe line since the IVs but limit my purchases to one a season (strictly for indoor ball).
Excited about what I'm seeing with the VIIIs so far but I've got some questions on the performance side for the VIIIs for those that may be more experienced with the tech being used this year.
1. Anyone have any experience with EM regarding breathability, durability or even the construction of EM? Can't seem to find much info on this tech or other performance models where Nike has used EM.
2. Has Lunarlon improved much since the IVs? Loved the IVs til they bottomed out and I hoped to play those IVs out for the rest of the season. Has anyone here picked up a pair of Hyperdunks or Hypergamers that can comment on the durability of the Lunerlon used in these models?

They tuned up Lunarlon. In the Kobe 4 and Hyperdunk (OG), it was lunar foam. Now Lunarlon isbasically lunarfoam encased and wrapped around in regular phylon. So bottoming out won't be an issue. But midsoles do go dead after 20 full regulation games or so (depending on level of play)

I am not liking anything that has any relation to a "system" or "midsole option". I just want a regular shoe to play in with all the BS marketing.

Back
Top Bottom