OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Your thoughts on the matter border on delusional.

Howard was on the record stating that he did not want to go to the Lakers, due to not wanting to play with Bryant. The only reason he is there, is because he gave away his rights, and then was traded there.

I can go on and on about all the issues that players have had with Kobe Bryant, and coaches as well, all while in the Laker organization.

He ran Rudy T off the bench, and Karl Malone retired as opposed to coming back to deal.

There are too many incidents to speak on....but let's keep this thread about the shoes, like you guys want to do when there is a real, factual discussion, about the endorser.

You never chill do you

Howard was on the record stating that he did not want to go to the Lakers, due to not wanting to play with Bryant. The only reason he is there, is because he gave away his rights, and then was traded there.

I can go on and on about all the issues that players have had with Kobe Bryant, and coaches as well, all while in the Laker organization.

He ran Rudy T off the bench, and Karl Malone retired as opposed to coming back to deal.

There are too many incidents to speak on....but let's keep this thread about the shoes, like you guys want to do when there is a real, factual discussion, about the endorser.
5 rings

LMAO WHAT?
not only did the first statement have NOTHING to do with your second statement
its just not true, dudes COME to the Lakers to play with Kobe
sit down

The only player you will post is Shaq or Smush Parker. That's it.

Then you have champions like Caron Butler that say :
“I say that’s the best thing that ever could have happened for me personally for my career,” Butler said. “To play alongside a guy like that, see his preparation, see what it takes to get to that level, that’s why I was able to be so good in Washington because I took everything I learned from him under his wing.”

Last edited:
LMAO WHAT?

sit down

was Howard's reason for not wanting to play with Kobe because he did not like because he is such a difficult person/player to play with? or was it because he didnt want to link up with another superstar? (I remember Howard criticizing lebron for his move to Miami because it was a cop out of earning a ring the hard way)

for every player you can quote/think of who don't want to play with Kobe, I can quote/think of 5 who do

there are too many incidents to speak on and they overwhelm the negative, so yea, you should keep it about the shoes

And Howard didn't want to go to the lakers at first because he didn't want his career to follow Shaq's.

It had nothing to do with playing with kobe, it had everything to do with D12 and Shaq's beef.

And please please please post D12 on record stating he didn't want to play with kobe. Because you have him on record here stating he'd take "number 24" over anyone.

This is directed at coach hubie/nat turner.

Last edited:

KobeStaresBrown.gif

Kobe needs them 8s. :D
If that were LeBron looking at the coach in this manner, not only would this gif be the lead on Sports Center, but every anti LeBron dude on here would be calling him unprofessional for doing so.

So I am going to say it, Kobe Bryant has to be the worst player to coach, then also has to be the worst teammate to play with, ever.
LMAO WHAT?

sit down
Shut up.

Aint nobody want to play with old ***, ball hoggin Kobe.

With the two newest Lakers saying that, Howard and Nash. Shaq didn't like playing with Kobe, Bynum didn't like playing with Kobe. LO had issues playing with Kobe. Sure they won rings with him, don't make you like playing with him. In the off season them ****** aint hanging with Kobe, and during the seaon in some situtions they have NO choice.

Kobe aint the most liked player around the NBA. ***** is arrogant and ignorant beyond belief.

Last edited:
dont play that game, you couldve easily found 4 more players getting booed at home who are usually loved

KobeStaresBrown.gif

Kobe needs them 8s. :D
If that were LeBron looking at the coach in this manner, not only would this gif be the lead on Sports Center, but every anti LeBron dude on here would be calling him unprofessional for doing so.

So I am going to say it, Kobe Bryant has to be the worst player to coach, then also has to be the worst teammate to play with, ever.
LMAO WHAT?

sit down
Shut up.

Aint nobody want to play with old ***, ball hoggin Kobe.

With the two newest Lakers saying that, Howard and Nash. Shaq didn't like playing with Kobe, Bynum didn't like playing with Kobe. LO had issues playing with Kobe. Sure they won rings with him, don't make you like playing with him. In the off season them ****** aint hanging with Kobe, and during the seaon in some situtions they have NO choice.

Kobe aint the most liked player around the NBA. ***** is arrogant and ignorant beyond belief.
you pullin that out your anus

Kobe's a competitive player, just like lebron and melo etc, nothing new at all. The lakers right now have a terrible offense, it's not coordinated at all, I blame the coaches for not being able to better run the O and come up with plays. But when guys miss open shots, turn the ball over next possession, that's when Kobe will just take over, because he knows he's the best player on the floor, and it's true too. look at the playoffs '11 and '10, whole team was ASLEEP, you can visibly see the frustration that kobe has to deal with watching the team go down the drain. this is still happening this season too, the offense is just not working like it should be, part of it's the players but I think it's more the coaches though.

Howard is an awesome player, but his post game and free throw shooting are still works in progress. I think he can work with kobe, but it will take time and patience.

Take all your talk to another forum...maybe they will start one called "I digress"...jeez.

few points though...
majority of dudes waiting for shoe releases are not fit. (I think this is pretty factual)

kobe is a difficult teammate to play with.....when you're that good, you expect everyone to meet you at that level and when they can't...
it becomes a "better to do it yourself" mentality...that's what makes winners...they are go getters.

every new shoe is a "performance beast"....and what most people mean by "performance beast" is 1 of 2 things...
1) while I'm walking around my living room with tape on the soles to preserve the DS'isity of the shoe, they feel great
2) while they are being shifted around from top to bottom of my shoe stacks in my closet, they slide in perfectly

everyone can afford to lose some fat, everyone...and about 15-20 lbs worth for myself...

It's not December and we won't have official reviews on the VIIIs until then...(well at least by people that I trust who actually wear them while playing the sport their designed for)...

my nickel, drop some sense.

Last edited:
Brah, what does this have to do with anything?

You got called out on your BS and you post something completely irrelevant and fake. :lol:

I'm still waiting for that D12 comment on record tho.

Take all your talk to another forum...maybe they will start one called "I digress"...jeez.
few points though...
majority of dudes waiting for shoe releases are not fit. (I think this is pretty factual)
kobe is a difficult teammate to play with.....when you're that good, you expect everyone to meet you at that level and when they can't...
it becomes a "better to do it yourself" mentality...that's what makes winners...they are go getters.
every new shoe is a "performance beast"....and what most people mean by "performance beast" is 1 of 2 things...
1) while I'm walking around my living room with tape on the soles to preserve the DS'isity of the shoe, they feel great
2) while they are being shifted around from top to bottom of my shoe stacks in my closet, they slide in perfectly

everyone can afford to lose some fat, everyone...and about 15-20 lbs worth for myself...
It's not December and we won't have official reviews on the VIIIs until then...(well at least by people that I trust who actually wear them while playing the sport their designed for)...
my nickel, drop some sense.
roll.gif

Brah, what does this have to do with anything?

You got called out on your BS and you post something completely irrelevant and fake.
laugh.gif

I'm still waiting for that D12 comment on record tho.
I'm not too worried about your posting a press conference and your claim of calling me out, where Dwight must say the right thing in order to maintain a good public face. It's no big deal, pure public relations. So you wont get the Dwight comment on record saying that he didn't want to play with Bryant, but it's been mentioned in print and on television by reporters such as Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith on First Take AND on NBA TV, AND by Barkley, Shaq and the crew on TNT. So I am good with that.

However, the fans don't like him, and many players around the league don't like him either. The only place he gets any love, is on Nike Talk, and then only on his sneaker thread.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
all the great ones have that problem. as someone mentioned before, their level or prep and effort is so much higher that those around them either elevate their game and win championships or simply complain and drag those around them down. most folks can't do it or won't do it. they are the ones you will hear talking junk. the ones who are quiet are the ones with rings, their rings do the talking.

but seriously, the shoes, that's what this thread is about.

I'm not too worried about your posting a press conference and your claim of calling me out, where Dwight must say the right thing in order to maintain a good public face. It's no big deal, pure public relations. So you wont get the Dwight comment on record saying that he didn't want to play with Bryant, but it's been mentioned in print and on television by reporters such as Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith on First Take AND on NBA TV, AND by Barkley, Shaq and the crew on TNT. So I am good with that.

However, the fans don't like him, and many players around the league don't like him either. The only place he gets any love, is on Nike Talk, and then only on his sneaker thread.

Have a good one.

I have no clue what league-wide perception of Kobe is- frankly I don't really care and doubt he does either. He has the rings and long after he and most of the current cast of NBA players are here and gone, that will be undeniable. Do people like to hang with him and spend downtime around him- that seems fairly clear to be a NO, but I really don't see that as a priority to him. He is what he is and doesn't seem to apologize about it. D12 to me is a joke. He is a physical specimen but if he didn't have that going for him he would just be another guy in the NBA. What has he done to "elevate" and drastically improve his game over the past few year?. He's big and can get away with being big and strong for most of his career without doing much to improve himself. Just my .02. feel free to disagree.

As it pertains to shoes, I feel like kobes line has gone down each and every year since the 5s, and this year seems to be no exception. I would like to see them get away from the strictly low and insole/booty system and start with something totally different. Heck maybe even a re-tooled LEATHER and or nubuck Huarache type program or something totally opposite what we currently expect..

Kobe probably not getting any $ from me the way it looks so far

laugh.gif

I'll accept your friendly quit.
It has nothing to do with you, trust that. It has everything to do with that you can't have this debate on this site, without a bunch of Kobe fans running to mods, then claiming that someone is trolling, then having them suspended. It's happened before.

If I say what I really want to say, then you'll say that I am derailing the thread, by not talking about the shoes.

Everyone knows what a punk Kobe Bryant is, and this place is just like Penn State and its defense of Joe Paterno, when dealing with Kobe Bryant.

Jordan punched Horace Grant in the face in practice because he got mad. That's all I'm gonna say.

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THESE SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Back
Top Bottom