OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

With the two different images we've gotten (original images and nike press release), one would think there are two versions.

BUT -- MisterJ recently posted his pair as well as box photos.  His pair had purple full shozoku and no cracked egg shell look AND the box did not have 'GC' 

Ok, thanks.

I hope there's a way to get the press release version. I need that version. Not feeling the purple shozoku version.

Guess I'm a hypebeast as well.

I didn't even like the ASG at first, but after owning multiple pairs of 8's and realizing how comfortable they are, I kinda just started buying them all.

So when I had the chance to buy ASG's for retail, it was an easy decision.

They kinda do look like those orange swirl ice pops, though,
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Welcome to the club. I didn't like the Red Camos but when I saw them in person, easy copped. I gave the blue corals a chance but it didn't do anything for me and supernaturals were a pass. I buy what I like and don't give a **** what other peeps wants to label me.

Not calling anyone out, but in general it's funny to me when dudes call each other hypebeasts for liking one limited colorway over the other limited colorway that they like :lol: Unless you literally only buy GRs and absolutely nothing else, you can't really talk IMO.

And with the way they drop colorways these days, most things aren't totally hype free anymore anyway. Hell even GRs get some random *** nicknames to build anticipation (Weren't the Volts called the Naturals? The **** kinda nickname is that?). They make so many limited colorways now (Xmas, ASG, BHM, Easter, China/YOTS, whatever) that you're bound to probably like one of them. What are you gonna do, not cop something limited that you really like cuz you don't wanna be called a hypebeast? Honestly who the hell cares, just buy what you like and keep it moving, hype or no hype. I personally don't give a crap what another dude wears if he likes them.

And I always thought hypebeast was a name for somebody who bought things only cuz they're popular, not cuz he actually liked them. If you actually like the limited shoe for what it is, I see no problem why you shouldn't cop. These days hypebeast is just being used like a word to call somebody simply if you don't like what they like :lol: Gets thrown around a bit too loosely IMO.

Not calling anyone out, but in general it's funny to me when dudes call each other hypebeasts for liking one limited colorway over the other limited colorway that they like
laugh.gif
Unless you literally only buy GRs and absolutely nothing else, you can't really talk IMO.

And with the way they drop colorways these days, most things aren't totally hype free anymore anyway. Hell even GRs get some random *** nicknames to build anticipation (Weren't the Volts called the Naturals? The **** kinda nickname is that?). They make so many limited colorways now (Xmas, ASG, BHM, Easter, China/YOTS, whatever) that you're bound to probably like one of them. What are you gonna do, not cop something limited that you really like cuz you don't wanna be called a hypebeast? Honestly who the hell cares, just buy what you like and keep it moving, hype or no hype. I personally don't give a crap what another dude wears if he likes them.

And I always thought hypebeast was a name for somebody who bought things only cuz they're popular, not cuz he actually liked them. If you actually like the limited shoe for what it is, I see no problem why you shouldn't cop. These days hypebeast is just being used like a word to call somebody simply if you don't like what they like
laugh.gif
Gets thrown around a bit too loosely IMO.
QFT

Good thought Wayne141

When I think of a hypebeast I think someone who buys a shoe because it's popular, hyped, or to take photos for recognition

Hypebeast definitely gets thrown around too loosely IMO

Last edited:
Not calling anyone out, but in general it's funny to me when dudes call each other hypebeasts for liking one limited colorway over the other limited colorway that they like :lol: Unless you literally only buy GRs and absolutely nothing else, you can't really talk IMO.

And I always thought hypebeast was a name for somebody who bought things only cuz they're popular, not cuz he actually liked them. If you actually like the limited shoe for what it is, I see no problem why you shouldn't cop. These days hypebeast is just being used like a word to call somebody simply if you don't like what they like :lol: Gets thrown around a bit too loosely IMO.
Very well said. if I went out and bought a pair of kobes because it was the hottest thing out there and not because I personally wanted them then I believe that's a hypebeasts. But me buying a pair of Kobe's that I wanted from the get go? There's nothing wrong with that.

Not calling anyone out, but in general it's funny to me when dudes call each other hypebeasts for liking one limited colorway over the other limited colorway that they like
laugh.gif
Unless you literally only buy GRs and absolutely nothing else, you can't really talk IMO.

And I always thought hypebeast was a name for somebody who bought things only cuz they're popular, not cuz he actually liked them. If you actually like the limited shoe for what it is, I see no problem why you shouldn't cop. These days hypebeast is just being used like a word to call somebody simply if you don't like what they like
laugh.gif
Gets thrown around a bit too loosely IMO.
wprd... yea they calling the volts "Culturals" i was the 1st to post WTF?? on the name hahahahaha XD

wait im confused....is the purple swoosh or black swoosh kobe easter releasing????

glasses.gif
search for posts by NTer misterj (I think that's who posted them) -- I believe that is the confirmed version releasing

Last edited:
Please send us a private message with your customer number and order number included so we are able to look into your order status further for you at that time.

EastbayRep - Elizabeth

I must of missed it, but has it confirmed if Eastbay is getting the Fiberglass aka Easters?

How could a anyone even know if another person bought a shoe because it's popular or because they actually like it anyway? F*** are people psychic or clairvoyant?

Not sure if this has already been posted or not. In regards to people wondering about the purple, green glow, red rasp or something like that. Here is something to think about, remember the Kobe 6 Chaos? That year Kobe wore them around this time when he played the Blazers in Portland and that time is coming up again.

On another note that pair he wore against the Orlando Magic, kind of take me back to the greatest shoe era (the 90's) with that white midsole.

He probably got a pair that was returned to Eastbay from someone else.

im assuming thats what they are. just about everday last week, bout mid morning they would put up a size or two back on the site. I got mine ordered on sat. got the word there was a 9.5 on the site, an hour later got home went on their site, still on there, added to basket and checked out. Will be here saturday. this will make my 5th pair in a week. had to settle for the sports back, but retail is retail.

Back
Top Bottom