OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Seen some Red Camo's on shelves at Champs Lakewood yesterday around 2pm, may want to check it out if your still looking and in the area...

Went to my hoh to pick up the black EXTs, came up on a few unclaimed Red Suedes. imo theyre super nice in person. Kobe 8 collection so far...

Trying my best not to get caught up buying many colorway either but it's a great shoe. I'm sure you'll catch the sulfurs eventually in some clearance section some where. shopmyoslife had them for $110 but shipping was $20 bucks so still came out pretty high. They might restock for a lower price in the future.  

Oh yeah I'll have em

Wanna see what the elites gonna have for us

Cuz the man is takin us to the playoffs

What dies the pattern have to do with anything? The color blocking is a little off and those blue colors on the upper are too faded and it throws the shoe off. Make the the blue on the mesh darker and and black sockliner and we might have something good there.

I loved the Dukes on the first pictures, but you're right about the faded upper. Should have been darker, especially in the sun light.

The pattern is the most intregal part of the shoe so i assume it would be factored into it. I agree the blue looks faded probably because of the sunlight but by no means that's ugly. Some parts of the yellow on the Sulfur looks faded too. The two shades of the midsole/outsole with the yellow upper aren't an ugly combo? The colorblocking is like that on the Pythons, blue corals, and Supernaturals. So i guess those are ugly too? Just change your description of the Dukes to "it could've been better executed" and we can move on :D

OK OK something like that. :lol:

So basically the VII lacked in comfort and color ways vs the other sigs of that year. I personally skipped the VII's and only wanted the cloaks. Loving the VIII however.

My problem with the VII was the fit and the tounge.i got an 11 and my toes are crushed,the tounge is a little small and crumbles down when i play.
I love the traction though once my inlines 7s were worn a lot it gets better casually though

I'm still not a big fan of the way the tongue on the 8's looks, but they definitely look better on feet than they do just on display.

biggest complaint aboht the VIIs is definitely how narrow they are, after a day of casual wear my feet remind me how much better the VIIIs are

The upper on the VIIs was the biggest issue with me. Just way too stiff and put my feet in a constant chokehold/deathlock. If it had a bit more give and flexibility, I think I would've been a bigger fan.

Last edited:
I ended up with a few pairs of the VIIs, but I had to go up a full size because my regular size felt like the shoes had a deathgrip on my feet....

They were the worst sig shoe for me last year (LBJ > KD > Kobe)...

Funny how times change, because now the 8s are the best sig shoe...IMO (Kobe > LBJ > KD)

So I hate ordering online, I'd rather go to store, see the shoe, try the shoe, then buy the shoe and not wait for shipping.
I didnt go to the mall this weekend because I was trying to keep myself from buying the red camos (Lord knows I don't need another pair of shoes right now).
But I broke down today and went to footlocker and... they DIDNT HAVE THEM! Never received them. Went to another one down the road, same thing.
Uh oh, panic mode!!!!

J/k time to call around. Really want to get them from footlocker as I will attempt to use my bday coupon.

Loved the VII's. I have a super narrow foot though, they were tight in the beginning, but broke in nicely.

Only complaint is the weight of the shoe and the material on the tongue being too thin.

Kobe 8 collection so far, I have to take a break on shoes this year tho :frown:

We NEED a white based 8 thats not Laker colors. Havent been able to by one since the Coke IVs

My 8's so far....8's slowly becoming my favorite in the Kobe line

And the rest of my kobes. Still looking for 3's and 4's.

Loved the VII's. I have a super narrow foot though, they were tight in the beginning, but broke in nicely.

Only complaint is the weight of the shoe and the material on the tongue being too thin.

They were definitely heavy, and I also hated that if you wanted the more comfortable insole (Play Strong), you had to iD it, or wear the insert with the ankle strap...

Kobe 8 collection so far, I have to take a break on shoes this year tho
frown.gif
Tell me about it. I went overboard and it's only march. I have to have more self control 
sick.gif
 wasn't planning to get the red camos but seeing them in person changes the game plan.

Back
Top Bottom