OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

balled in my kobe 8 today. best shoes i've ever balled in. comfort level is on point, and did not even have to break it in

some great news. was looking to grab a pair just for ball. but man these prices on xdr (GC) models.... :smh:

I wasn't planning on buying the kobe 8 but footlocker was right by where I had dinner and with $120 (after military discount) I thought I'd give them a try.
Also, coming from lunar hypergamer low, I find it difficult to wear mid/high top basketball shoes anymore.
So I was glad another low top basketball shoes released

About 30 mins after purchasing, I was in the gym lacing up my red camos. Played for about 3 hours (indoors), and I am a believer!!
Lunar hypergamer was pretty good shoes (accept needed some break in period due to shoe being little stiff) but I applaud Nike for the kobe 8 and its construction.

So right out of the box, the shoe was very comfortable with minimal break in needed.
Very light, flexible upper, good traction, and pleasant surprise of cushioning even after hours of running up and down the court.
The carbon fiber shank plate is very solid and on point as well compare to recent retro J's.
Afterwards, I checked to see any wear and tear, but surprisingly minus dirty sole and some visible crease on the sole towards the heel area (but since its black, its hard to tell) rest of the shoes looked brand new. No loose glue, stretching on the upper, damages around the eyelet areas. I wasn't playing lightly either. Very well built shoes.

I wasn't too picky on the colorways since I was planning to wear them strictly for basketball only. With that said I was going to get the volts but the sole on red camos are more bright/neon-ish in person compare to some of the pictures and had me sold. Regardless of colorway, I will def pick up another (if not more) pair just based on performance and quality alone for down the road. One of the best shoes overall for it's price in recent nike (basketball) products. Multiple pairs for sure if you wear these to play in.

Just wanted to share my reviews and if there are any members (that wants to use them for balling) contemplating, you will not regret.

Last edited:
Glad everyone that's hooping in them loves them, I haven't changed shoes since December when I first rocked them for my league game and ever since its been the 8s.

And slowly I've started seeing people wear them to the gym when I play pickup. I guess people are giving them a shot and being $40 less than Lebrons doesn't hurt. Lightest bball shoes, good to go right out the box, nice CWs (I used to hate so hard on the sulfurs upper but then you see them I person and its a complete 180) and with the bday coupon it's like $120 out the door.

Can't really hate on all that lol.

Dukes are ugly when they pretty much have the same pattern as the Sulfurs and almost everybody likes the Sulfurs?! You guys crack me up and i'm scratching my head at the same time. Or you guys saying that so nobody thinks you like something you can't have? Dukes >/= Sulfur. I could care less about the Duke logo and i would buy them if they came out with the snake shozoku.
Blue is more pleasing than the yellow. cuh cuh would approve on the set :lol: I prefer the midsole/outsole blocking on the Duke over the yellow on yellow of the Sulfur. I'm baffled Dukes are being called ugly. The tye-dyes, now those are ugly, super ugly but i bet the ones that are calling the Dukes ugly will be the same ones going apesh*t over them?

I was planning on getting the red camo's but the volt's are fresh. The upper looks like a stealth fighter jet or something.

Anyway, everyones probably sick of the blue glows, but two of my favorites:

the fit of the vii's was horrible. They absolutely killed your feet, casually or for basketball. Bunch of people got blisters nd stuff from playing in them.

I personally thought the VII was decent. My only issue was that it couldn't compete with the other two big sigs last year. Lebrons line finally didn't hold back with the colorways and KD IV was a major improvement compared to the prior kicks in his line. It just seemed as if the line made no progress with the VII.

I never wanted the sulfurs and not crazy about those dukes, I am not a fan of that sulfur pattern or those two diff yellows on the mid and sole.

more solid uppers please.

Dukes are boring. Not ugly but id pass on them no problem if they dropped. Duke V >.

Boring I can understand. But aren't you one that wants a solid upper? I want solid uppers as well but i'm trying to understand why you're calling the Dukes boring but want the solid upper which would be boring too. Judging from your posts, it seems you're not that overly impressed with the colorways of the 8s unlike most of us on this board. Curious which colorway(s) do you like and which pair(s) do you own right now?

No problem with the VII except some of the colorways weren't well executed. Didn't care for the interchangeable tongue/insoles, too much hassle swapping them out. On the slightly heavy side but not too bad. 8s fixed most of those issues.

The only VII I bought was the Easters.  They were clean so I had to get them, but after playing in them probably 20 times I started getting a blister from rubbing on the inside of my foot.  I have probably hooped in them 15 times since. I can't wait to hoop on the Volts! 

Dukes are ugly when they pretty much have the same pattern as the Sulfurs and almost everybody likes the Sulfurs?! You guys crack me up and i'm scratching my head at the same time. Or you guys saying that so nobody thinks you like something you can't have? Dukes >/= Sulfur. I could care less about the Duke logo and i would buy them if they came out with the snake shozoku.
Blue is more pleasing than the yellow. cuh cuh would approve on the set :lol: I prefer the midsole/outsole blocking on the Duke over the yellow on yellow of the Sulfur. I'm baffled Dukes are being called ugly. The tye-dyes, now those are ugly, super ugly but i bet the ones that are calling the Dukes ugly will be the same ones going apesh*t over them?

What dies the pattern have to do with anything? The color blocking is a little off and those blue colors on the upper are too faded and it throws the shoe off. Make the the blue on the mesh darker and and black sockliner and we might have something good there.

Red camo are so sick in person! Thats a basis opinion tho...my favorite color is red. LOL It's a must see if you are looking for a pair of Kobe 8's.

Red camo are so sick in person! Thats a basis opinion tho...my favorite color is red. LOL It's a must see if you are looking for a pair of Kobe 8's.

My fav color is blue, but red attracts me like a bull in a ring

Absolutely cant wait for my red hot lavas to arrive

Im prolly gonna wait on some on sale sulphurs and maybe just maybe 1 more CW and Im done with the 8

This model is so perfectly constructed I can understand how easy it is to get caught up buying every single CW

Last edited:
What does the pattern have to do with anything? The color blocking is a little off and those blue colors on the upper are too faded and it throws the shoe off. Make the the blue on the mesh darker and black sockliner and we might have something good there.

The pattern is the most intregal part of the shoe so i assume it would be factored into it. I agree the blue looks faded probably because of the sunlight but by no means that's ugly. Some parts of the yellow on the Sulfur looks faded too. The two shades of the midsole/outsole with the yellow upper aren't an ugly combo? The colorblocking is like that on the Pythons, blue corals, and Supernaturals. So i guess those are ugly too? Just change your description of the Dukes to "it could've been better executed" and we can move on :D

Last edited:
My fav color is blue, but red attracts me like a bull in a ring

Absolutely cant wait for my red hot lavas to arrive

Im prolly gonna wait on some on sale sulphurs and maybe just maybe 1 more CW and Im done with the 8

This model is so perfectly constructed I can understand how easy it is to get caught up buying every single CW
Trying my best not to get caught up buying many colorway either but it's a great shoe. I'm sure you'll catch the sulfurs eventually in some clearance section some where. shopmyoslife had them for $110 but shipping was $20 bucks so still came out pretty high. They might restock for a lower price in the future.  

Back
Top Bottom