OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Is anyone's Kobe 8s ripping on the toe area? I balled in these 2-3 times and the black part on the toe area is starting to come off  :smh:

Here are some pics:

Mine haven't... and I've balled in mine about the same amount, if not a little more.

Thanks! I appreciate you doing this. I knew I was going to like the heel and midsole Black, over the white.

So I was looking at the foot locker release calendar and saw this

2.9.2013 Nike Kobe VIII Squardon Green/Challenge Red/Leg Brown

does that mean pythons and squadrons are coming out on the same day?

think you need to post well lit, higher quality pics

i cant see anything
laugh.gif

but this concerns me...
mean.gif
haha yeah my bad, my camera didn't want to focus for some reason. On the left shoe, the black part on the toe is fading away. The best way you can tell is if you compare the black area on the left shoe to the right shoe.

edit: I'll post more pics tomorrow when there is more lighting.

Last edited:
haha yeah my bad, my camera didn't want to focus for some reason. On the left shoe, the black part on the toe is fading away. The best way you can tell is if you compare the black area on the left shoe to the right shoe.

edit: I'll post more pics tomorrow when there is more lighting.
pls do. I'm kinda worried but on the bright side theres a 2 year warranty from manufacture date.

Kobes my dude and everything, but man i need some mids in my life..how bout a kobe 8 mid? i have ankle problems. So much that i can twist/sprain/roll either ankle, be hurt for a few minutes, and get right back to playing. And the next day, its like it never happened. AND i have cankles btw. Im not even a big dude, like 170 or something 6ft even, and have cankles..LOL. So yeah, kobe get with nike and lets do a nice CW kobe 8 mid. If not the 8, maybe the 9, jeez. Doesnt hurt to dream.
grin.gif

pls do. I'm kinda worried but on the bright side theres a 2 year warranty from manufacture date.
I talked to my friend today and he told me his Christmas 8s supposedly ripped or something. He did the warranty thing and could only get a refund cause they're sold out, if I remember what he said correctly.

I'll try to post better pictures of the scuff tomorrow though.
fading? so it's not ripping?
ripping was probably the wrong word. as the guy said above it's more like "scuffing". I'm pretty sure if I balled in them a few more times it would completely fade off.

Last edited:
change the way you walk :lol:  on a serious note. try using a pencil eraser.

Pencil eraser didn't do anything. Neither does wiping it with wet cloth. It seems like scuffs are more noticeable on these shoes compared to others. Oh well, it's just a minor detail and shoes are meant to be worn and get scratches. If these get enough scuffs, I'll use them as beaters and for hooping.

Back
Top Bottom