OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

More pics

Last edited:
If those are the Xmas 2.0's they're alright nothing to go crazy over for me. I'll probably pass and pick them up somewhere down the line. I'm liking the Snakeskin scales though

Nah...let's not get carried away. Have you seen those snowflake Lebron XIs? Those are much worse than the Kobes, and I've been a pretty big fan of the XIs. The one year they went away from the usual red/green colorway on the Lebrons, they dropped the ball.

So the Lebron Shoe with the Snow Flakes and Green and Red color is the worst Christmas shoe, whereas some weird volt green, scales, black heel clip and translucent sole is representative of the Christmas holiday?
^If you wanna talk about representing the Xmas theme, sure, I'll probably give you that. If you want to talk about just how they look in general, I just think the Xmas XIs are garbage. Whether or not they fully represent Xmas doesn't really matter to me all that much. That part is just a bonus to me that's part of whatever storytelling thing they're trying to do. I'm just giving my general opinion on looks, and I'm not feeling the whole snowflakes thing they did. Also, like bigj said, there have been plenty of other Xmas shoes in the past that didn't scream Xmas. It's all just opinion on execution at the end of the day.

And the guys saying these are casual only, I don't see how these Xmas 2s are generally all that different from the Kobe VIs aside from the scales maybe protruding out more. The entire upper of the VIs was made of plastic scales and a flywire material.

Last edited:
So now we're calling them Doomsdays or Super Shredders?

And Big, we'd be reaching far like Reed Richards if we tried to say the scales a metaphor for the ice during the holiday season and the volt color represents Kwanza, the black heel and gold represent the kingdom of Zumanda (sp).

And the guys saying these are casual only, I don't see how these Xmas 2s are generally all that different from the Kobe VIs aside from the scales maybe protruding out more. The entire upper of the VIs was made of plastic scales and a flywire material.
assuming kobe will be playing xmas day, you think he'd wear exactly this pair? (if indeed these are xmas 2.0) with those spikes/scales/whatever-they-are sticking out and the material made of some sort of plastic?

And Big, we'd be reaching far like Reed Richards if we tried to say the scales a metaphor for the ice during the holiday season and the volt color represents Kwanza, the black heel and gold represent the kingdom of Zumanda (sp).

how is it reaching if we don't know the backstory? all we have now is pics.

i didn't call them doomsdays I CLEARLY said first thing that came to mind..

Interesting design. Do you think the plastic points could chip? I don't think I've seen a design like that before.

Nah...let's not get carried away. Have you seen those snowflake Lebron XIs? Those are much worse than the Kobes, and I've been a pretty big fan of the XIs. The one year they went away from the usual red/green colorway on the Lebrons, they dropped the ball.

Man these look like they used the scrap from the elites :lol: the lebrons actually look aiight...KDs could possibly be worse but yea

This is a highly underwhelming colorway

^If you wanna talk about representing the Xmas theme, sure, I'll probably give you that. If you want to talk about just how they look in general, I just think the Xmas XIs are garbage. Whether or not they fully represent Xmas doesn't really matter to me all that much. That part is just a bonus to me that's part of whatever storytelling thing they're trying to do. I'm just giving my general opinion on looks, and I'm not feeling the whole snowflakes thing they did. Also, like bigj said, there have been plenty of other Xmas shoes in the past that didn't scream Xmas. It's all just opinion on execution at the end of the day.

The VIs are extremely flexible, thin, and breathable regardless of their plastic scales... Clearly different than the thick scales and the plastic material they're attached to on these 8s.
Interesting design. Do you think the plastic points could chip? I don't think I've seen a design like that before.
I don't know about chipping, but if you played in these the scales would definitely get worn down over time with people stepping on them and whatnot.

Last edited:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 First thing that came to mind was Doomsday
Repped, was waiting for some better pics. I feel the Doomsday vibe as well, along with the ice crystal thing others have talked about. Except for the bits of gold these are fresh. Definitely copping a pair. Glad to see that Nike managed to drag themselves away from the garbage Pit Viper Green Glows and whipped this together for us. If the Year of the Horse 8's are as good as these then this line can still end on a high note. 

Just looking at the pics I mean its nothing to oooo and ahhhh over IMO .. the back of it is reminding me of the elites though

not a big fan of the colorway but those scales are :wow:

Waiting for Footlocker to update their launch calendar for WTK at HOH, waiting game.. :rolleyes

Those are wicked! I will definitely give those a shot. Who is ready for wtk8s, though?! I've been waiting for those since pics leaked! Wish I could wear them to Yeezus tomorrow :\

Why is everyone assuming this is the Xmas 2.0. You can tell it's a custom off the black elite. Checotah the laces and medial side scales. Plus it follows the trend with all the scales that custom shoe designer with jordans. I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

how is it reaching if we don't know the backstory? all we have now is pics.

True that. I agree. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate since it's a slow Monday.

I'd love the job of coming up with the back story. I think Portland is a Medicinal Marijuana state (obviously I'd have to get out of the military before hand).

And everybody will be oohhhing and Aaaaahhhhing once they say Hyper Quick Strike HoH/NT release like the WTK.

Back
Top Bottom