OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

That upper kinda reminds me of ice crystals or something. Wonder what the specific inspiration was.

Maybe the "Shedding skin" signifies the new Mamba Kobe will become once he returns from his injury?...

Who knows. It's early and I need caffeine.

Last edited:
^lol yeah, I don't know man. Nike always comes up with some random *** nicknames and stories these days. Like I remember when the Volts dropped, and Nike was calling them the "Culturals". WTF did that even mean? :lol:

Last edited:
man, those SS should be banned from being played in.. they could seriously hurt someone on the court with those scales. lol

If those are the mxas 2.0.. i want. Havent liked the past few xmas colourways...
Right there with ya'. I never have liked the Christmas 8s, especially after seeing them in person. The Christmas 7s were pretty bad, too, and I actually like the 7s even though I know many hate them.

If these are legit, I'll go for them. Now we wait for confirmation/release info...

interesting... the upper on those SS is TPU, not EM.

they look....... plastick-y

Last edited:
Are they serious? That's a Christmas Shoe? At least the Brons have snow flakes, red and green. Scales...transluscent sole...Raar, Raar like a dungeon dragon...

Seriously, the 8s had a spark when they started but now they're just garbage (should've stopped at the MC or PPs).

Ss 8s via @long7

Dunkman! Copped!

Edit: I have to retract my statement. Didn't see the Long7 link to see the scales on the toe box stick up like that. Game time decision with price and availability factor.

Last edited:
I do t like the scales if it was like the VIs with those type of scales on the upper I would be good

Kobe is about to have the worst Christmas shoe for the first time :smh:
Nah...let's not get carried away. Have you seen those snowflake Lebron XIs? Those are much worse than the Kobes, and I've been a pretty big fan of the XIs. The one year they went away from the usual red/green colorway on the Lebrons, they dropped the ball.

anybody williing to bet if ever kobe would be playing by xmas day he wouldnt be wearing exactly this shoe.. i mean how can this be a performance shoe? between the scales sticking out and that plastic-like material on the upper... this is more like kobe ext for casual wear

Nah...let's not get carried away. Have you seen those snowflake Lebron XIs? Those are much worse than the Kobes, and I've been a pretty big fan of the XIs. The one year they went away from the usual red/green colorway on the Lebrons, they dropped the ball.

So the Lebron Shoe with the Snow Flakes and Green and Red color is the worst Christmas shoe, whereas some weird volt green, scales, black heel clip and translucent sole is representative of the Christmas holiday?

SMH.

So we get THREE Pit Viper color ways (digi camo pattern) , an extremely limited hype WTK and scales. Seriously...

They should have just ended it with the WTK then went into the Preludes. But they're just fishing for dollars.

I DARE them to release them as a GR and see if they move off shelves or don't have to send a limited email.

So the Lebron Shoe with the Snow Flakes and Green and Red color is the worst Christmas shoe, whereas some weird volt green, scales, black heel clip and translucent sole is representative of the Christmas holiday?

honestly, the clear scales remind me of ice and can be easily translated into an xmas theme with whatever back story nike decides to add.

also, its not the 1st time kobe has had an xmas shoe that's not really on par with the theme.... I mean, the Cheetahs didn't echo xmas by any means.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom