OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

wonder what was the cushion setup in those white/black elites

Straight lunar with no zoom.

actually, i have a very clear idea. not my fault you can't take pics with proper lighting :smh:

both shoes on my phone look white/black with a goldish swoosh.

I never stated they were MY pics but nonetheless, whatever. Bunch of red noses in here and I don't mean Pit Bulls, SMH.

Not everyone in the thread is full of crap. Tryna Duck Dodger me :smh:

Last edited:
Those definitely aren't them, look at the guy's instagram and caption... it says my first kobe 8... meaning he probably doesn't know too much about sneakers and just copped off a fake site unknowingly.

I may not be the only one here, but I actually don't mind if they released the grinch colorway as the Xmas 2.0. After all, the it's a re-up of the 8, not like a individual # model by itself. And since the grinches is one of the paramount colorway in Kobe's sig history, I don't see the problem with Nike revamping as kind of a part 2 sequel. Especially for those that missed out on the grinches 6.

Originally Posted by had pants
 I may not be the only one here, but I actually don't mind if they released the grinch colorway as the Xmas 2.0. After all, the it's a re-up of the 8, not like a individual # model by itself. And since the grinches is one of the paramount colorway in Kobe's sig history, I don't see the problem with Nike revamping as kind of a part 2 sequel. Especially for those that missed out on the grinches 6.
^ good point especially since last year everybody was expecting the grinch cw
How about no more Grinch. Period. It's PLAYED out
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Grinch CW is more annoying than it is played.

It's the new people to the line or the outsiders who put that CW on a pedestal. Just let it die with the ZK6. That's like me going into the LeBron XI thread and start screaming for a South Beach/Pre Heat CW. Along with embrace, it would be met with a lot of resistance too.

It's the new people to the line or the outsiders who put that CW on a pedestal. Just let it die with the ZK6. That's like me going into the LeBron XI thread and start screaming for a South Beach/Pre Heat CW. Along with embrace, it would be met with a lot of resistance too.

So based on your statement you want something new? Well wouldn't it be "new" for Nike to release a signature colorway in another model? Keep in mind, this is not designed for the Kobe 9, it's for the Xmas 2.0...aka Kobe 8. It's different. There's no comprising the individuality of a model but instead you're remixing it to another model; a model that has already had a Xmas colorway before. I understand if you were speaking that the Kobe 9s had the grinches colorway but that's evidently not the case. We are talking about Xmas 2.0 here aka the Kobe 8, not Kobe 9. Also not quite sure what you mean when you say annoying. It's annoying because its a popular colorway?

And for the record, I have the grinches 6. So I'm not "new to the line or someone who puts that cw on a pedestal." I simply understand what Nike is trying to do and that is push something new by rebooting a well-known colorway on a new model or in this case an "old" model (8, given that the 9 should be out).

QFT
smokin.gif

soooooooooooooo I haven't been around mmuch... no kobe 9? just gonna keep making 8s? please and thank you you for the info

So based on your statement you want something new? Well wouldn't it be "new" for Nike to release a signature colorway in another model? Keep in mind, this is not designed for the Kobe 9, it's for the Xmas 2.0...aka Kobe 8. It's different. There's no comprising the individuality of a model but instead you're remixing it to another model; a model that has already had a Xmas colorway before. I understand if you were speaking that the Kobe 9s had the grinches colorway but that's evidently not the case. We are talking about Xmas 2.0 here aka the Kobe 8, not Kobe 9. Also not quite sure what you mean when you say annoying. It's annoying because its a popular colorway?

And for the record, I have the grinches 6. So I'm not "new to the line or someone who puts that cw on a pedestal." I simply understand what Nike is trying to do and that is push something new by rebooting a well-known colorway on a new model or in this case an "old" model (8, given that the 9 should be out).

Lol WHAT?
Miss me with all the fluff in your rebuttal. 8, 9 or 29......it doesn't matter, all I said in a roundabout way is that the way the Grinch CW is held in "high regard" is annoying and identified the typical culprits. Now if it makes you feel some type of way then that's not my problem. I'm just stating a widely acknowledged trend within the Kobe line.

Trust me, you owning a Grinch 6 doesn't validate a damn thing lol. I know a lot of people who don't like Kobes whatsoever BUT own Grinches. So you stating that only reaffirms that my previous statement must've struck a nerve :lol:.

Last edited:
IKR! They made 1 grinch shoe 2 yrs ago.

I'm in the minority but the grinch colourway is garbage. It's ONE COLOUR with RED LACES

WTF is so special about that?

nothing. Bunch of hype beasts hyping up a Christmas shoe. That's all. If they released towards the end of the Kobe 6 line they woulda hit outlets faster that duck dodgers could duck

Last edited:
Lol WHAT?
Miss me with all the fluff in your rebuttal. 8, 9 or 29......it doesn't matter, all I said in a roundabout way is that the way the Grinch CW is held in "high regard" is annoying and identified the typical culprits. Now if it makes you feel some type of way then that's not my problem. I'm just stating a widely acknowledged trend within the Kobe line.

Trust me, you owning a Grinch 6 doesn't validate a damn thing lol. I know a lot of people who don't like Kobes whatsoever BUT own Grinches. So you stating that only reaffirms that my previous statement must've struck a nerve :lol:. *****

Your posts are full of generic statements. No you didn't struck a nerve, even if you'd like to think you did. Not gonna derail the thread by continuing with you cause I'm trying to have a discussion but its discernibly frivolous so we'll just end it here.

I'm in the minority but the grinch colourway is garbage. It's ONE COLOUR with RED LACES

WTF is so special about that?

nothing. Bunch of hype beasts hyping up a Christmas shoe. That's all. If they released towards the end of the Kobe 6 line they woulda hit outlets faster that duck dodgers could duck
I'm not a fan of the grinch cw was well!

Does anyone other than myself wonder why Nike is recycling the pit viper style in the mine greys and possibly the green glows? I know they didn't run out of ideas on new styles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom