OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Mine grey purple red/black???...WTF!!!!...THAT DOESNT SOUND LIKE THE "HOMES"!!!!... i cant believe this crap!! SMH....lmao....i thought Kob played for the Lakers!!??....i really dont think were gunna get a Laker colorway?.....unbelievable!..very DISAPPOINTED! VERY!....thanks NIKE!!
...and also....says its release is at the very end of November.....and the IX drops the beginning of December so....thats it for hopin for a laker colorway i guess?...SMH....i just cant believe this...

I feel your need for CAPS.... at this point I am about to leave cap locks on from here and out till I see some respectable colorways lol.

I still dream of Amnesty's the way I felt about dreaming of my Chaos Vs, or Big Stage Aways, or OC V's (from oc).... SIGH!

...and also....says its release is at the very end of November.....and the IX drops the beginning of December so....thats it for hopin for a laker colorway i guess?...SMH....i just cant believe this...
some one posted the nike calendar, and it showed Kobe IX's in January? there could be a be a chance kobe's get delayed and Nike pushes out some more colorways in November/December.

idk, food for thought.

some one posted the nike calendar, and it showed Kobe IX's in January? there could be a be a chance kobe's get delayed and Nike pushes out some more colorways in November/December.

idk, food for thought.
i hope your right bro?...i really do!....time to make an "ID" i guess?......damn tho...its just frusterating ya know...kobe is a laker, yet his shoes are everything but.....smh

I feel your need for CAPS.... at this point I am about to leave cap locks on from here and out till I see some respectable colorways lol.

I still dream of Amnesty's the way I felt about dreaming of my Chaos Vs, or Big Stage Aways, or OC V's (from oc).... SIGH!
i feel ya bro....i LOVE the Amnesties but i really dont see that colorway happenning?.....i hope tho still but....i think we have better odds gettin the "homes and/or inlines"?....actually that prob wont happen either?..smh....guess the next laker colorway will be the IX?..lol...ridiculous..smh

Chill guys pps weren't on that Spanish site either + they dropped out of nowhere I'm expecting the same for the inlines and homes at least.

For the optimistic,

Still though.. Won't be a GR :smh:

dredaycoop is very reliable, I think he actually was putting future releases product #'s in finishline database and they were popping up

anyway, if the Amnesty release, they'll probably be the passing of Wilt QS. How else could they market them as QS when no1 outside of NT cares or is looking for them. And the Homes, they could never be a QS cause no1 outside of NT and maybe Lakers fans would care about those either. If you want LA c/w, go to those mediocre NikeID options.

It would make sense for Nike to release laker cws limited so that hype can gather around them over time causing more people to want to cop laker cws for the next Kobes

great post geraldg2309  , gonna stay optimistic. Nike already failed on most of the 7 line as a whole, no way they make an amazing shoe with limited aesthetically pleasing colorways.

dredaycoop is very reliable, I think he actually was putting future releases product #'s in finishline database and they were popping up

anyway, if the Amnesty release, they'll probably be the passing of Wilt QS. How else could they market them as QS when no1 outside of NT cares or is looking for them. And the Homes, they could never be a QS cause no1 outside of NT and maybe Lakers fans would care about those either. If you want LA c/w, go to those mediocre NikeID options.
Yeah I can see the homes and inlines being gr and the amnesties being hyped as a qs tlo, hoh, and nt. laker colorways bad seller or not the 8s are flying off the shelves, 7s are still some places.

Last edited:
With the Kobe 6, if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Laker 3Ds and Splatters pop up out the blue. If I recall, by October we were thinking the 6 was pretty much done. Then the Imperial Purple joints dropped, and info about the 3Ds and Splatters surfaced, released in Nov or early December I think. Point is, hoping its the same for the 8. Only problem with how it happened with the 6 is that interest for the 6 had died by then, leading to the 3Ds and Splatters(especially) not selling well, which was a good thing for those not able to purchase right way.

great post geraldg2309  , gonna stay optimistic. Nike already failed on most of the 7 line as a whole, no way they make an amazing shoe with limited aesthetically pleasing colorways.
Thanks fam. Much appreciated
Yeah I can see the homes and inlines being gr and the amnesties being hyped as a qs tlo, hoh, and nt. laker colorways bad seller or not the 8s are flying off the shelves, 7s are still some places.
I'm not sure what Nike's plan is trying to model the 8s inspired by actual snakes.. But this is why I believe Laker colorways would be a QS, etc. However, the best thing to me about a player's signature line of shoes being released is that you could wear the same shoes (color too) of what they wore in game... But now Nike is having their signature players wearing PEs and special colorways that as a fan and consumer I could not buy and wear. It's ruining it for me but I'm glad Kobe will wear the same shoes we all wear from time to time when he isn't in a game

I'm not sure what Nike's plan is trying to model the 8s inspired by actual snakes..
Pretty sure their plan/inspiration for that is coming directly from 2013 being the Year of the Snake. You can see here in one of the earlier Kobe 8 sketches that I think maybe Avar did, the YOTS thing is spelled out first thing at the very top

^ That's cool. Is there any other things like that that shows the making/inspiration behind the shoe?

Last edited:
With the Kobe 6, if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Laker 3Ds and Splatters pop up out the blue. If I recall, by October we were thinking the 6 was pretty much done. Then the Imperial Purple joints dropped, and info about the 3Ds and Splatters surfaced, released in Nov or early December I think. Point is, hoping its the same for the 8. Only problem with how it happened with the 6 is that interest for the 6 had died by then, leading to the 3Ds and Splatters(especially) not selling well, which was a good thing for those not able to purchase right way.

Yes, you are correct.

I liked those orange and grey joints, they had a silverish look to them that was dope. I'm very curious to see what the mine grey looks like then

Another red lakers colorway. Granted red wont be the main color of the mine grey but come on now much much red do we need. Does kobe play for the bulls ?? Lol

Back
Top Bottom