OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

whats the point of them getting the kobes if theyre not even going to play in them 
mean.gif

disgusting...

Duke prefers the Brons. Been wearin those all year

All comes down to preference and personal opinion. Obviously they prefer the Brons...

The only socks I match are with Nike Elite's.  Those aren't over the top, and it's actually the most comfortable socks you can wear with the Kobe 8's.  No slippage either like you get with the Kobe elites.  Besides, low tops + tube socks = looks boss as hell in my eyes. 
sorry dude I disagree with you on that... NBA socks> nike elite socks hands down. try em out

....and if your ankles are killing you after being on your feet all day, doubt the problem is your socks.

....and if your ankles are killing you after being on your feet all day, doubt the problem is your socks.
Honestly man if you are standing up for 8+ hours a day, you need as much support as you can get, so socks are important.  I never met anyone who says they can stand up for 10 hours straight and not feel ANY pain on their feet wearing Vans and K-Mart socks.... Come on now. That's why if you have better support with socks/shoes it will lessen the pain, of course it makes it a lot easier to stand for hours in Kobe 8's + Dri Fit Elites.  Can't deny that.

Last edited:
Honestly man if you are standing up for 8+ hours a day, you need as much support as you can get, so socks are important.  I never met anyone who says they can stand up for 10 hours straight and not feel ANY pain on their feet wearing Vans and K-Mart socks.... Come on now. That's why if you have better support with socks/shoes it will lessen the pain, of course it makes it a lot easier to stand for hours in Kobe 8's + Dri Fit Elites.  Can't deny that.
hi, you can call me s dubl. I work 10 hours daily, and wear work boots all day and my feet feel fine without elite or any expensive socks for that matter.

Now you can say you've met someone :wink:

Last edited:
looks like I might be going for easters after all..... :D

damn you Kobe Bryant and Nike....

Nike and all these hype beasts got you hooked on a lie.

Nike Elite socks SUCK! how do i know? ive owned a few pairs and i actually play basketball unlike most NTers.

not worth the $15 or the hype.

NBA socks>>>>>>>Elites

Not a big fan of these Kobe's and low top shoes in general but those Easters are dope and will be copped!:smokin

Saw the easter Kobe today in person, the color really stands out. Way better than last year's IMO

hey guys new to the forum, just wondering how many people are getting cracks in the carbon fibre plate in the sole? got 2 big cracks in my id's and am not sure as to whether i should get an exchange or just a refund

thanks!

hey guys new to the forum, just wondering how many people are getting cracks in the carbon fibre plate in the sole? got 2 big cracks in my id's and am not sure as to whether i should get an exchange or just a refund

thanks!

not sure if its common, because not many have spoken on it. It does seem to happen. If it bothers you, you might as well contact nike and see if they'll either replace it for you, or you might have to send it in for a voucher (www.nikebiz.com) which you'll have to pay shipping, and you wont get any tax paid on the shoes back. You'd get a voucher good only on nikestore.com.

So because someone wears a NY Knicks snapback, Orange crew neck, and Jordan 4 Cavs.  You're a cornball.  Okay.  LOL.

No different in that and wearing shorts, and a Nike Dri FIT Elite tube socks which actually SERVES A PURPOSE rather than to just "match".  It actually doesn't slip like the Kobe's do.  And try standing up for 8 hours a day in thin white socks from K-Mart.  Your ankles will be dead.  Nike Elite Dri FIT crew socks cost $14 for a reason.  because you actually don't have any pain after being active for 8+ hours a day.

Yes. At least in my parts, and I'm from NYC (and still have our fair share of clowns, that match their outfit down to the laces or accent stitching in their jeans). Some people tend to "think" it looks cool......it doesn't.

Some of the most ridiculousness I've read on these forums in a while. Is there some sort of magic fabric lined with cotton covered laced gold, and microscopic zoom units in these socks?

Last edited:

Nike Elite socks SUCK! how do i know? ive owned a few pairs and i actually play basketball unlike most NTers.

NBA socks>>>>>>>Elites

Zyzz. I agree and disagree with you. The Elite socks are pretty good in terms of comfort for basketball. I ball in them for 2+ hours straight indoors. No problems with slippage or discomfort like other regular cotton socks. Haven't tried NBA yet but everyone seems to prefer those more. So in terms of comfort I disagree with you.

I will agree that it's not worth the 14+ they're asking for per pair. Too expensive but Nike wants to make a great profit off of it. After all that is the point of running a business to make a healthy profit.

I will make a point to get them NBA socks soon for comparison.

not sure if its common, because not many have spoken on it. It does seem to happen. If it bothers you, you might as well contact nike and see if they'll either replace it for you, or you might have to send it in for a voucher (www.nikebiz.com) which you'll have to pay shipping, and you wont get any tax paid on the shoes back. You'd get a voucher good only on nikestore.com.
i got it from nikeid china and the rep has already said they'll either refund money or make me a new pair

just dont know if i should gamble on a new pair or not 

NBA socks>>>>>>>Elites
There's hype for a reason. Because it works.  And if you're implying that I don't play basketball, you're wrong bro.

Back
Top Bottom