* Official Nike Air Zoom Generation * Lebrons first Retro - DATE TBA

Got my white/black/red pair in today from the NDC sale.
Mixed feelings. I see LeBrons are getting the old Jordan retro treatment: The whole shoe is slimmed down/smaller compared to the first retro. I actually kinda prefer this for casual wear. However, I don’t prefer the plasticky “leather” used for the main part of the upper.
I also don’t prefer how the plastic pieces are now much more shiny silver than gray, though I’m not sure which version is most like the OG.
Also, the “mesh” material used on the upper and midsole wrap is noticeably smoother than before. It also strangely isn’t as dark black as before. In certain light it almost looks bluish gray. And due to shrinking down the whole upper, the medial vent cutouts don’t show the white backing showing through as much. I always really liked that look, and these have less of it.
Overall I’ll enjoy wearing them but I think it’s fair to say this is an inferior version. I do like how the shrinking down makes the toes sleeker, though. In fact, from five or so feet away the shoes arguably look better on foot because they are just sleeker overall. If they just used equal materials to the last ones, I might’ve said they’re actually better overall. Haven’t put them on yet to compare comfort, though.

Last edited:
Copped these for about $90 and some change tax included. These look amazing from other pics I have seen in this thread. My birthday is this month so these are a must have for the price I paid.
nazglp.jpg

Those are cool, other than I don't really love that double-swoosh thing that's going on. LeBron is such a goon, though. He should've just worn the actual AZG. Maybe he could've helped boost sales of them, considering many sizes are still sitting discounted on NDC :lol:

Just bought the purple pair for my wife, hope the 7 does cause she’s a 6.5 but I think she gonna go wild for these.

Back
Top Bottom