Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at last nights Chicago show... Oh. My. God.

Amazing... My first Ye show and it did not disappear. He sent that joint UP..... Chopped it up wit Don as he's cool with my people always a good dude man...

One of my Nike homies was up there, and he said that the OG release would have been this Tuesday the 17th if they hadnt of been scrapped.... I could've cried...

Seen some fresh *** Y1s thought they would've just been UNDS yesterday. :wow: :pimp:

Mods,

Pls change the title of this thread to 'Yeezus Concert Tour'...

Close friend who's an og NT'r who refuses to post anymore has reached out to his contact at Nike HQ.
Basically, pairs will be floated amongst Nike upper tier employees and who they deem as VIP's. Beyond that, the launch has been scrapped altogether given Ye's departure/signing with 3 stripes. Legal complications with his name/collaboration with the product has made it all but academic that they will not release to the public.

Now, where's that DJ Kaled GIF with him jumping off a boat!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

mic drop..

Mods,

Close friend who's an og NT'r who refuses to post anymore has reached out to his contact at Nike HQ.
Basically, pairs will be floated amongst Nike upper tier employees and who they deem as VIP's. Beyond that, the launch has been scrapped altogether given Ye's departure/signing with 3 stripes. Legal complications with his name/collaboration with the product has made it all but academic that they will not release to the public.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

mic drop..
Mods,

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

mic drop..
They should just change the name and auction them off.  So are the contest winners screwed or they considered VIP's?

I'd like to think that Nike would honor the contest since all this nonsense happened well after the fact. Those pairs were allocated long beforehand.

Stranger things have happened though. From a PR standpoint, it would be a snafoo if Nike renegged but would literally be a mosquito biting an elephant.

I'd be curious to hear/see any posts from these winners to see if they've been further notified...

Mods,

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

mic drop..
Sorry man.. But you're friend knows nothing. Please exit this "yeezus concert thread" if you disagree with me

Best believe that the celeb pairs and select people at Nike will get their pairs.  Now the public getting  a chance at these by them releasing is a big mystery. 

I just don't understand why it is so difficult for Nike to give us a yes or no on this release. They truly are the ultimate hype machine. SMH.

[
Sorry man.. But you're friend knows nothing. Please exit this "yeezus concert thread" if you disagree with me[/quote]

Until proven otherwise, I'll give my man/source at Nike Campus the benefit of the doubt.
He went on to mention that those employees who have them on campus have them sitting around and are like 'meh, Red Yeezys', implying whatever, just another hybrid collab mashup.
Hey, whose to say the powers that be can't change their minds about 86ing this release.
Simply going off what's being reported fr campus.
So, unless you have some groundbreaking info that's contrary to what's been told to me, please feel free.
Don't kill the messenger brah!

Honestly speaking no one knows anything about this release so any info that comes out that's not directly from Nike isn't good at all. For how many months now have people not come on this thread talking about everything from they dropping this day or that day to they connect saying this or that. Honestly speaking I don't think these drop at all and If they do drop it will be under different name just my opinion... 

"Meh another hybrid collab mashup"?? Surely if this is the case then they're full of themselves.

I would say Nike's customer service via twitter is a solid 9/10 in getting back to customers who ask them questions. Just do a twitter search and see how many times a day 'Yeezy' is asked about and tagged @nikestore.

That's not really a huge indicator but they get asked about them everyday and 9 times out of 10 they ignore the question. Also we've seen a lot of releases over the past 18 months. How many times did NDC A) do a release at a random time (and didn't even give the day- just said could be this weekend)? B) how many releases did NDC implement new checkout procedures for? Adding "saved in cart until checkout is complete" was huge!!!! No other site I've ever come across has this feature. They added that for the Yeezy release.

Those are just 2 small examples but look how they did new things to prepare for the release. It may not get them a ton of money but releases like AY's are what their customers want. Even people who hate the artist like the sneaker.

I truly believe Nike plays dumb in this whole thing. They downplay the entire release when asked about it. Like "oh just another release", meanwhile blogs and twitter talk about the AY's more than any other sneaker.

They're not Nike's bread and butter but surely Nike understands that they are the MOST popular releases of 2012.

One final example and then I'll end this. Villa came in here to discuss their "refresh hunt" for 2013. They received two shipments from Nike and had no idea what was in either or them. Nike is in support of their scavenger hunt FYI. One of them was Lebron X Corks (one of the best releases of the year) and the other were Air Yeezy Platinum IIs. Villa explained they were surprised. Why would Nike send them those 2 pairs? They must've surely known they would need to send a refresh of pairs that the public would be willing to go on a all-day-long scavenger hunt for in October on a Friday in Philly.

Obviously we know all of the winners choose AY's and those that finished after the Yeezys were claimed accepted the Corks.

Just small examples to show Nike's more aware than what some of you report.

Nike has so much more to gain by not releasing the red 2s.

Not even my opinion, just plain fact.

Last edited:
It ain't even a discussion mark, it's the nature of the market that Nike operates.

They'll do up 100 shoes that are 5% similar to the red yeezys over the next five years and every last pair will sell out. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom