Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why a few of us had a secret forum for Yeezys last time, and it was invite only.

Think we should do it again, fellas... You know who you are. :wink:

is this the future? will niketalk die as real sneakerheads migrate to private invite-only forums? stay tuned to find out folks

Last edited:
Starting to see this, really. I wish I could Santa Claus gift wrap everyone who post regularly here a pair in each colorway for Christmas, but there's no guarantee I'd even see a pair myself. I just hate seeing stuff like this;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Ye...65?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item20c67575a1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Ye...33?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item19d4790e65

Full goddamn size run of both colorways. Worst still is the description;

"Current Value: $14,520.00"
I agree. Sucks that some people want one pair of the shoes so they could actually wear while others are solely in in for the profit. But thats the way the world works sadly.

is this the future? will niketalk die as real sneakerheads migrate to private invite-only forums? stay tuned to find out folks
i dont think so, but for releases of this magnitude guys are trying to secure their pair first and foremost, which is understandable... i've learned a few things from the thread that my help me, and any info that i can contribute to the forum i will...  

Starting to see this, really. I wish I could Santa Claus gift wrap everyone who post regularly here a pair in each colorway for Christmas, but there's no guarantee I'd even see a pair myself. I just hate seeing stuff like this;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Ye...65?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item20c67575a1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Ye...33?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item19d4790e65

Full goddamn size run of both colorways. Worst still is the description;

"Current Value: $14,520.00"

dude charges more then flight club. idk who he sells too

While there a definitely a ton of guys just looking to leech of others for info (probably the majority), there's also plenty that might not send help your way just because they have no "connects" or any insider info to offer. I'm glad there are still people like you that go out of their way to help others despite all the resellers and lurkers though. If I ever get some helpful info from people I'm always sure to thank them, but I don't always have much to give in return. In fact, I don't even know a single real sneakerhead where I live. Hopefully over time I'll be able network and help others when I can, but I'm just not in the position to right now, and I think others might be in the same boat.

I try and help people as much as possible with info when i can. I've shot plenty people PMs when they asked a question that was ignored in a thread or if I just happened to have info that could help them out. but with the bandwagon hype that Jordan's have now and the super exclusivity of the yeezys most times I can't even get a pair myself. I couldn't help if I wanted too.

I definitely try and help out with less hyped shoes tho but nobody wants those, everybody wants what everybody wants

Last edited:

I agree. Sucks that some people want one pair of the shoes so they could actually wear while others are solely in in for the profit. But thats the way the world works sadly.
I heard the dude just puts up pairs on there for display intentionally with the highest price. But with an FSR I mean they've gotten be pulling for that profit.

at least quite a few of you live near somewhere that will have them... even if your chance is crazy slim, you have a chance. im relegated to playing the online buyer vs bots game

While there a definitely a ton of guys just looking to leech of others for info (probably the majority), there's also plenty that might not send help your way just because they have no "connects" or any insider info to offer. I'm glad there are still people like you that go out of their way to help others despite all the resellers and lurkers though. If I ever get some helpful info from people I'm always sure to thank them, but I don't always have much to give in return. In fact, I don't even know a single real sneakerhead where I live. Hopefully over time I'll be able network and help others when I can, but I'm just not in the position to right now, and I think others might be in the same boat.
It isn't so much PROVIDING something in return each time.   I turned down plenty of people trying to give me a little extra money for helping them out for the sole reason that I wanted to help them so they wouldn't have to pay more than retail.  But those users get in the habit of PM'ing every Wednesday to ask for early links, bots, whatever benefit you have, and giving their size in this week's model "in case you get more than one."  When they get lucky on a restock they don't think to ask if they can help you out.  They see you missed a shoe they lucked into 2 pairs of, and never think to PM you about that and they lost it in the classifieds instead.  Happens A LOT with info-less NTers.  

You're right that there are a lot of members with no info to offer, they also shouldn't be judging the forum or what people do with their info since they have never offered anything to these boards though.  The people with no reach like that are the first to be beyond excited that they got two pair of playoff XI's for the first time ever and be excited that they can sell the shoe for an extra $100 and do it immediately.  I've seen it too many times,  None of my posts were aimed at specific users, I just have a lot of experience with what really happens so the generalizations are a good representative of those type of posters.   

I live in the middle of nowhere as well and get large GR's locally and that's it.  But it's 2013 and we all have access  to the whole world. You can spot who are knowledgeable members here, and being on NT for years is part of doing the work necessary to network (this isn't my first screen name lol).  I didn't wait for them to offer me help or PM them every week asking for help.  Maybe I was able to get 2 pairs of some shoe online 6 months ago that they skipped and posted in the thread that they wish they would have gotten them, and happen to be the same size as my second pair... I reached out to them and offered it to them for what I paid to help them out, even if they had never directly helped me in the past.  An investment in the future is how I saw it.  Someone that helps others all the time on here is going to be thankful someone did that for them for once and that goes a long way in proving who you are on a faceless forum.  Then there is info on the internet that is always out there if you look and search hard enough.  If you find info and always help selflessly, or even just post when there’s a coupon or sale or shoe that restocks...whatever info it may be, people start to ask you about things and see you as knowledgeable.  The knowledgeable definitely help the knowledgeable around here.  Sorry for going off topic, there are just an endless number of ways to put yourself in a good position in 2013 that weren't available to us back in the 2000's, no matter where you live, if you have the internet (TWITTER!) and will put in the effort.
Didn't want to go too far off topic so ^^^

at least quite a few of you live near somewhere that will have them... even if your chance is crazy slim, you have a chance. im relegated to playing the online buyer vs bots game

I feel you bro. I'm lucky to at least live in Chicago, not as many stores got them as should have, but at least we had places that got em. if I lived in the boonies I probably would have just accepted paying resale prices as a way of life by now lol

Last edited:
I feel you bro. I'm lucky to at least live in Chicago, not as many stores get them as they should but at least we had places that got em. if I lived in the boonies I probably would have just accepted paying resale prices as a way of life by now lol

Not as many is correct. Check your PM we have to whip up something

thats really cool you guys are helping each other through pm's **** complex and all the other lurkers.

I feel you bro. I'm lucky to at least live in Chicago, not as many stores got them as should have, but at least we had places that got em. if I lived in the boonies I probably would have just accepted paying resale prices as a way of life by now lol

Heard that.. My options are pay crazy prices after camping a week in the cold, winning a raffle, driving 9 hours to the nearest nike store (assuming a twitter rsvp win) or online.

I've helped hundreds on NT get every type of release, from extremely limited to GR, for nothing in return, and all these people saying they wish people would do this are the ones that you end up going out of your way and losing time/money helping and they send a PM sayin thanks man! And you never hear from them again. Same dudes like to ask for and expect the hook up the week of release too. If you can't help em and send back a polite PM full of info and options for them to try and be in the best position themselves, you either don't even get a reply or you get, "Well can you get me a pair of [insert next limited/hyped/high resell release] next week? I really want them." Always I, I, I. There's been at least 10 posts wishing everyone would give away all their secrets, so why don't you ten do that and put in the work to get all the info and best options for these shoes everywhere (takes years of networking to get some of the info some provide each other here) and come in here and share it with everyone. Its funny, the people that wish NT was still like that are the ones that you never see their screen name unless they're asking for something lol.

One benefit of helping hundreds of NTers is that I now have 5-6 knowledgable guys on here I can trust and we all look out for each other and will on this release too. We try just as hard to get the next guys pair as we do our own. There are more ungrateful NTers than there are legit info hoarders.
tumblr_mi4ogz84us1r5r4uyo1_500.gif

[SIZE=10pt]It isn't so much PROVIDING something in return each time.   I turned down plenty of people trying to give me a little extra money for helping them out for the sole reason that I wanted to help them so they wouldn't have to pay more than retail.  But those users get in the habit of PM'ing every Wednesday to ask for early links, bots, whatever benefit you have, and giving their size in this week's model "in case you get more than one."  When they get lucky on a restock they don't think to ask if they can help you out.  They see you missed a shoe they lucked into 2 pairs of, and never think to PM you about that and they lost it in the classifieds instead.  Happens A LOT with info-less NTers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]You're right that there are a lot of members with no info to offer, they also shouldn't be judging the forum or what people do with their info since they have never offered anything to these boards though.  The people with no reach like that are the first to be beyond excited that they got two pair of playoff XI's for the first time ever and be excited that they can sell the shoe for an extra $100 and do it immediately.  I've seen it too many times,  None of my posts were aimed at specific users, I just have a lot of experience with what really happens so the generalizations are a good representative of those type of posters.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I live in the middle of nowhere as well and get large GR's locally and that's it.  But it's 2013 and we all have access to the whole world. You can spot who are knowledgeable members here, and being on NT for years is part of doing the work necessary to network (this isn't my first screen name lol).  I didn't wait for them to offer me help or PM them every week asking for help.  Maybe I was able to get 2 pairs of some shoe online 6 months ago that they skipped and posted in the thread that they wish they would have gotten them, and happen to be the same size as my second pair... I reached out to them and offered it to them for what I paid to help them out, even if they had never directly helped me in the past.  An investment in the future is how I saw it.  Someone that helps others all the time on here is going to be thankful someone did that for them for once and that goes a long way in proving who you are on a faceless forum.  Then there is info on the internet that is always out there if you look and search hard enough.  If you find info and always help selflessly, or even just post when there’s a coupon or sale or shoe that restocks...whatever info it may be, people start to ask you about things and see you as knowledgeable.  The knowledgeable definitely help the knowledgeable around here.  Sorry for going off topic, there are just an endless number of ways to put yourself in a good position in 2013 that weren't available to us back in the 2000's, no matter where you live, if you have the internet (TWITTER!) and will put in the effort.[/SIZE]

Didn't want to go too far off topic so ^^^

networking 101 basically. scratch my back I'll scratch yours, but you gotta have a back scratcher first. maybe you don't have enough connects yet or haven't been on niketalk long enough to win for this release, but if your willing to help people and spread knowledge around, maybe you can get some looks for the yeezy 3s

Last edited:
Heard that.. My options are pay crazy prices after camping a week in the cold, winning a raffle, driving 9 hours to the nearest nike store (assuming a twitter rsvp win) or online.

Same here. It'll be at least a 5 hr drive for me if I get lucky.

Crazy how Nike & Kanye have the hearts of grown men, secret sorority forums for 1 shoe... lol
this is horrendeous but the comedic value in this thread is worth my wasted time.

I'll just get a pair of Balenciagas and call it a day... these aint eben worth it.

Good Luck to those that want to rock and those that want to make a few extra $$$, I aint mad at cha

Last edited:
^ whatever dude. You can't blame those of us who want to wear the shoe for helping each other out without reseller lurkers taking our info and c-blocking us...

Might be funny to you, but it's hilarious to us to keep these out of some of the reseller's hands who want to turn around and try to sell them to us for a stoopid mark up.

Crazy how Nike & Kanye have the hearts of grown men, secret sorority forums for 1 shoe... lol
this is horrendeous but the comedic value in this thread is worst my wasted time.

I'll just get a pair of Balenciagas and call it a day... these aint eben worth it.

Good Luck to those that want to rock and those that want to make a few extra $$$, I aint mad at cha
Ironic how this post was a waste of time

this is horrendeous but the comedic value in this thread is worst my wasted time.

Then why are you in here? This thread is supposed to be for people who want to cop. Instead we get people like you in here talking trash, and lurkers just looking to jack info to make a profit. It would be nice to have a spot with only people looking to cop for themselves. It would clear the air of all the trash posts.

^ whatever dude. You can't blame those of us who want to wear the shoe for helping each other out without reseller lurkers taking our info and c-blocking us...

Might be funny to you, but it's hilarious to us to keep these out of some of the reseller's hands who want to turn around and try to sell them to us for a stoopid mark up.

PLUS 1!!

Like Proto and a few on here, WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO KEEP/WEAR the damn shoe, it's a shame that it's come to this.

Best of luck to those who really want them.

If by a miracle i actually get a chance to buy these at retail....i wouldnt sell it....yea the money is tempting, but i actually like the shoe...not as much as the solars but i like them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom