Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont understand you guys when you say that a hardcore sneaker head would never buy a fake or taint his/her collection. I AM a hardcore sneaker head who has been collecting since 1996. i own over 300 plus sneakers. the yeezy solar was the only fake in my collection (yes it fell apart shortly after)....i got it because it was my very small size and i LIKE the shoe itself. not kayne or his music or whatever other ******** that makes that shoe so hyped. i wanted to get it to ease my thirst so to speak while i save money for a real authemtic pair. i have no problem admitting they are fake...big ****, hell, i have an authentic pair of plats.  there isnt anyway in hell that i have tainted the sneaker game or am any less of a sneakerhead for buying a fake,
I can't respect you if you're wearing fake kicks. You don't make any point besides " i can't afford it i need fakes to pretend i can while i get a real pair" smh. 

if you really liked the shoe you'd realize you made a mistake wearing those fake solars instead of defending it.

This.

This dude steady tries to justify buying and wearing fakes on this site. You don't really love the shoe if you don't spend the dough for it, period. If you don't have the dough, that's fine, but buying the fake doesn't mean you have the shoe. They aren't actual yeezy's. and the funny thing is, you admitted in the legit check thread you'd wear the fakes and claim til you're blue in the face they're real if someone called you out. That's what's really lame about it, and basically makes you seem like a fake person in general... If you would just admit they're fake and be honest it wouldn't be quite as lame.

I'm not trying to be a prick, but this shoe seems to be bringing out the worst in people. Super hype beast stuff. Wanting a shoe so bad you'd wear a fake... WUT? Never seen cats on this site riding for fakes until this shoe. End of the day you gotta expect backlash talking this crap on here, a site full of hardcore sneaker lovers who would never cosign fakes or not speak out against fakes, much less ever taint their collection with a fake (or understand why someone would). Seriously, this is what this is coming to?
mean.gif

I scored DS plats for around $1400 recently, back in march. Ya just gotta get lucky. They are drying up bad tho, DS pairs are gonna be super rare soon.
So now the authenticity of a shoe is basis for one's overall character? 
roll.gif

In reality, you should question the character of anyone willing to spend 2k plus on 1 shoe. 

You should question why males worry about what are on another mans feet. 
I can't respect you if you're wearing fake kicks. You don't make any point besides " i can't afford it i need fakes to pretend i can while i get a real pair" smh. 

if you really liked the shoe you'd realize you made a mistake wearing those fake solars instead of defending it.
What kind of asinine thinking is this!

You dont respect a man because he may have bought a fake pair of SHOES! Really?

I can't respect you for thinking shoes authenticity is in any way, shape, or form a basis to be a man.

Bunch of lame sheeps this shoe has made you guys.

Like Obama would be any less a man if he came out rocking a fake pair of Jordans to play ball in.

Just moronic.

Last edited:
So now the authenticity of a shoe is basis for one's overall character? 
roll.gif

In reality, you should question the character of anyone willing to spend 2k plus on 1 shoe. 

You should question why males worry about what are another mans feet. 

Y'all can clown people for wearing fakes, they should be clowned the same way a guy paying $1,000+ for a rapper's shoe should be clowned.

DJ Proto, you "scored" plats for $1,4000 and that's lucky??? LMAO!

I truly wonder if Payless sold Yeezy's would y'all lust after them?

You dont respect a man because he may have bought a fake pair of SHOES! Really?

I can't respect you for thinking shoes authenticity is in any way, shape, or form a basis to be a man.
I don't really care. I doubt she cares if she has my respect I'm just stating my opinion. 

Obviously if you have a 300 pair + collection..you have some leeway to sell some things to afford the real deal.

Personally the main people who buy fake **** are the ones trying to flex way too hard which is a fake person to me.

Y'all can clown people for wearing fakes, they should be clowned the same way a guy paying $1,000+ for a rapper's shoe should be clowned.

I mean if you don't like Kanye then of course it's easy to make reasons to clown the purchase of a $1,000 shoe.

But really how did this argument even start it has no real point, i doubt anyone in here will come to an agreement on this situation lol

This

You were lucky if your purchased for retail, over a G isn't lucky. I am one of the lucky few, no way I would pay too much money for sneakers. I wouldn't wear fakes, but I wouldn't judge the person for it.

I mean if you don't like Kanye then of course it's easy to make reasons to clown the purchase of a $1,000 shoe.
But really how did this argument even start it has no real point, i doubt anyone in here will come to an agreement on this situation lol

Only agree to disagree, lmao.

Selling a good part of your collection to obtain just 1 pair of an overrated, for the most part ugly, shoe is not something you 
smokin.gif
 about. Thats a waste of a collection just to obtain a pair associated with one of theeee most insecure, vain people on the planet.

The funny thing is the same character traits ye possesses rubs off on most, if not all, the yeezy owners.

Lol! I just commented because there is no good side to the Yeezy madness. Getting them for retail is lucky BUT then your crazy for not selling a shoe that people are crazy enough to pay $1000+ for so anything Yeezy is pure madness.

So you dudes defending someone wearing fake sneakers are condoning it?
NT is condoning wearing fakes now?
SMH.

A person's character doesn't necessarily need to come into question if they're wearing fakes or not.
But the fact that a hardcore sneakerhead site's members are starting to condone it...
NT's integrity (STRICTLY from a sneakerhead's standpoint) is now hitting new lows...

And this has nothing to do with Caring what's on another person's feet. Its Sneakerhead GP.

Lol! I just commented because there is no good side to the Yeezy madness. Getting them for retail is lucky BUT then your crazy for not selling a shoe that people are crazy enough to pay $1000+ for so anything Yeezy is pure madness.
This. I rather get a $1755 profit check than to have every "sneakerhead" gawking at my feet. 

This. I rather get a $1755 profit check than to have every "sneakerhead" gawking at my feet. 
mean.gif

This is what's wrong with the culture today. Everyone is out for a profit. I'll keep all my sneakers rather than making chump change that won't even cover my month's maintenance and bills.

Last edited:
All I said was, if you're the type of person who would not only cop and rock fakes, but go as far as to try to swear to everyone they're real, you're not even just lying to them, you're trying to lie to yourself. Traits of a fake person IMO.

Y'all can condone fakes all you want, I never will.

When I caught DS plats in a size 12 for that price, that price was considered decent compared to the market's average, and it's only getting worse.

Just cuz you think it's ludicrous to spend $1000 + on a shoe doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way, so just stop with all that.

Just cuz you think it's an ugly shoe, or relate it's popularity strictly to kanye, doesn't mean your opinion is fact. I love the shoe for how it looks and nothing else. And yes, I'd cop if they were sold at pay less. I love straps on shoes when done right, and rock the unpopular SB mids with the strap cuz I like how they look. Could care less if they're hyped, popular, or not.

:smh:  

This is what's wrong with the culture today. Everyone is out for a profit. I'll keep all my sneakers rather than making chump change that won't even cover my month's maintenance and bills.
nope, whats wrong is that people pay those prices because they are self proclaimed "sneakerheads" and if 1700 is chump change to you, you must be super rich and cool :rolleyes . what job do you work where you make 1450 profit in 5 mins?

And you're not crazy for not selling to make profit. At this point my collection is worth much more than I paid, and tho there's profit to be made, I didn't buy them to make money, I bought them cuz I love them and want to wear them for a long time (it's not some temporary fad to me). Maybe one day I'll sell, but not any time soon.

A lot of times people can't resist the profit to be made on something, but in the end, they end up spending the profit on dumb stuff with no lasting effect (not all the time, but I can't count how many times you see cats on here admit they sold off a shoe they like for something dumb and say they wish they still had them)... I own a house, car, bills are paid, retirement in place, get some vacations in, so I don't need the profit for anything important right now. I'd rather have the shoes I bought cuz I actually like them.

So you dudes defending someone wearing fake sneakers are condoning it?
NT is condoning wearing fakes now?
SMH.

A person's character doesn't necessarily need to come into question if they're wearing fakes or not.
But the fact that a hardcore sneakerhead site's members are starting to condone it...
NT's integrity (STRICTLY from a sneakerhead's standpoint) is now hitting new lows...

And this has nothing to do with Caring what's on another person's feet. Its Sneakerhead GP.
I'm 32. The hell do I care what you have on your feet for? I'm staring at women when I go out..not inspecting another mans shoe. I dont care if they're fake or real. Would I buy fake or real? Not intentionally but that's me. 
mean.gif

What's wrong is with people thinking it's a "culture". Nike, boutiques, retailers done *****d out he "culture" when Tiffany's release. Since then it's open the gates to "whats wrong".  

Why would I not want almost 2k in profit each shoe when I all I did was watch a fight and pick up my phone and laptop when the tweet went out? 

Chump change? Ok, rich guy. I made 6k. That paid for most the wedding I'm having. Would've paid for my mortgage for 6 months if not for the wedding but hey, I'm poor, I NEED that "chump change".
All I said was, if you're the type of person who would not only cop and rock fakes, but go as far as to try to swear to everyone they're real, you're not even just lying to them, you're trying to lie to yourself. Traits of a fake person IMO.

Y'all can condone fakes all you want, I never will.

When I caught DS plats in a size 12 for that price, that price was considered decent compared to the market's average, and it's only getting worse.

Just cuz you think it's ludicrous to spend $1000 + on a shoe doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way, so just stop with all that.

Just cuz you think it's an ugly shoe, or relate it's popularity strictly to kanye, doesn't mean your opinion is fact. I love the shoe for how it looks and nothing else. And yes, I'd cop if they were sold at pay less. I love straps on shoes when done right, and rock the unpopular SB mids with the strap cuz I like how they look. Could care less if they're hyped, popular, or not.

Last edited:

Tell tale sign you might be in it for the wrong reason. Shouldn't buy something just to have people gawking and just to stunt, should buy it cuz you like how it looks and love it. Otherwise it's just a fad to be cool.

Not even gonna go into what you might spend the $1755 profit on... I can understand a quick easy come up of profit being tempting, but it all depends what you would spend that profit on and how much you liked the shoe to start with.

nope, whats wrong is that people pay those prices because they are self proclaimed "sneakerheads" and if 1700 is chump change to you, you must be super rich and cool
eyes.gif
. what job do you work where you make 1450 profit in 5 mins?
5 minutes? The shoe came out about a year ago so you're talking about 1450 profit after 1 year. If that is what you call an good investment then by all means. Also, you're assuming that everyone who paid resell prices are "self proclaimed sneakerheads" but you should know that this shoe was impossible to obtain and for most people, they had no other choice. 

Last edited:
5 minutes? The shoe came out about a year ago so you're talking about 1450 profit after 1 year. If that is what you call an good investment then by all means. Also, you're assuming that everyone who paid resell prices are "self proclaimed sneakerheads" but you should know that this shoe was impossible to obtain and for most people, they had no other choice. 
wow ok, didnt think this needed explaining but whatever. yes the shoes came out almost a year ago but a person doesnt try to sell them for a year strait on a street coner. literally 5 mins to post on ebay, craigslist, NT or whatever and someone will buy them. and who else would spend near 2 G's for a pair of shoes and not be a "sneakerhead"?

if youd rather keep the shoes, spend the money, whatever, thats fine with me. i ordered off of NDC (lucky few) posted me tracking info as proof that ill get them on craigslist and ebay, and sold them via paypal gift payment within hours, all before UPS even dropped them off to my house. thats sounds like a pretty good investment to me.......

Last edited:
I'm fine with reselling as well but there's no need for them to boast it. It just makes you look stupid especially when you're on NT where people supposed to have an common interest for shoes not profit. I guess we'll all be competing again during RD so the lucky groom can get a nice honeymoon.

:lol:

you're joking right?

the shoes are merely an example of fake traits, especially if you'd go as far to try to swear to people that they're real... may not be a fake person in other aspects, but most people with integrity wouldn't do something like that. you may be able to fool others, but you can't fool yourself... again, you can try to say i'm basing it off shoes, but i'm just saying if you do something that fake and lame, lying to others and yourself, chances are you do similar things in other aspects of your life.

spending however much you want on things is totally subjective. just stop. i spent well over $1000 for my OG nearly DS black toe 1's... ya know why? cuz i LOVE the shoe, the colorway, and if i were to have one OG 1985 J, it's that one (black toe 1's with the white tongue have always been my fav jordan)...

there is opinion and there is fact.

not everyone is into the shoe because of hype. sorry you can't get your head around that concept, but it's true. the R4 was cool, but the tongue was too tall, it didn't have a strap, the details weren't there, and i just didn't like them enough to cop.

i have plenty of identity, integrity, and individual style and taste. "enamored with all things kanye"? oh really? meanwhile i wouldn't be caught dead in leather pants, givenchy, pyrex, or many of the things he has made famous... i've only rode with him on the few things i actually LIKE that he got poppin' (a lot of times he didn't even start it, he bit it and made it popular in the urban fashion world), but not everything he does by any means (he rocks a lot of things i find straight up ugly, and wouldn't be caught dead in)... but most of you people on this forum come here to make yourselves feel better by clowning others, so of course you're gonna ignore the facts, and try to attack with anything you can, even if it's not true.

i would buy a shoe from pay less in a heart beat if i liked the way it looked enough... and get a good deal on it? why not!

this argument is tired. quit trying to make this about me just cuz i'm against fakes and can afford the real thing... at the end of the day fakes are wack, this site has never condoned fakes, and it's insane we got people in here acting like fakes are all good now, depending on the resell of the actual authentic shoe... :smh:

Last edited:
Yes, while I've sold a lot of shoes,,,I've used that money on bills. What I have that's left over which isn't much, I put back for the shoe. You are right, I don't care that I don't have your respect for wearing a fake, at least I'm honest about it.
Interesting conversation nonetheless. Everyone has there own opinion. I'm not dissing, I just want to understand why ppl in the sneaker culture think the way they do about this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom