Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

@Mariners
13642869_1555132108127795_952412203_n.jpg

Swear if/whenever they stop trippin and drop some cleats im grabbing 3 pairs. 1 to play in, 1 for display, and a 3rd just cause

But nah nike dont want my money :smh:

2009 freshwaters were pretty tight.

i went up a half size on these ill let yous know tomorrow.

and if i have time ill try to upload comparison pics 

just got my hat box in. the box its shipped in is MASSIVE. UPS tracking read 11 lbs.

its honestly beautiful in person and its marker signed, not a stamp.

things im unhappy about though:

-everything is carboard, even the "wood" inside.

-being cardboad, the outer of the box has slight wrinkles on one of the corners, that shouldnt be.

- its not individually numbered, there were only 650 made, one for each of his homeruns, it would have been cool to get a number and possibly look up that coinciding homerun.

i checked with nike and there are free returns. the reason i looked into this was after purchasing, i was able to link up with a really cool dude on here that was able to get it discounted for me, but unfortunately theyre sold out now.

im most likely going to keep it, this guy (Griffey) was my childhood idol. i know a lot of people have that claim but being a young kid watching him in the early 90's, Griffey was the closest thing to a real life super hero for me. Im even a lefty and a Junior so that might have something to do with it too lol.

some bonus pics heading into Sunday...

Last edited:
Man cardboard for $650 :smh: cant even get a real wooden case that sucks. Its nice though but not for me. Like you i idolized him growing up but 650 was insane.

Nice that its actually signed though. I agree it would have been cool to be numbered and look up the homerun but thatd be pretty hard unless nike a vault of videos for each one they would link you to

Slide me that swingman hat tho :lol:

:nerd:

Last edited:
Anybody hawkin for the InductKids (triple white) check your local champs. No need to wait for Sat drop on snkrs all. Walked in there today to exchange my freshwaters (had to sz up since they run small) and the all whites were sitting there chillin.

@amarano  nice pickups.  I was a little disappointed with the box being all cardboard too, but the caps are REALLY nice.  Where did you hear that there were only 650 of these?

@amarano  nice pickups.  I was a little disappointed with the box being all cardboard too, but the caps are REALLY nice.  Where did you hear that there were only 650 of these?
I thought I remembered reading that too, but maybe someone mixed up the price with the quantity produced?

I thought I remembered reading that too, but maybe someone mixed up the price with the quantity produced?
yeah who knows.  650 seems like a lot to have been produced, unless nike is going to have some in Cooperstown this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom