Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Black laces set them Jackie's off

Via Twitter
AEBE193E-DDE0-4AF3-9FB8-02A9F10101F9.jpeg
78311962-35EE-4FDE-89A6-306366A6BA9E.jpeg

lawd jesus

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t you buy it because it’s a Griffey shoe?
More like Frack the dodgers. What I'm saying is that paying homage to JR should've been done better. Especially on a griffey shoe. Blk/wht is straight basic and lazy.

Freshwater are up there now. Gonna try to catch these for the feet... Nike throwing too many curve balls. Want those 2000 Air max celery/dark charcoals too...
20210329_123450.jpg

Last edited:
They’ve done dodger colors in the past. I remember the Swingman Remix having dodger colors. That was awhile ago but it seems like they’re just trying something different

I like the black/white look

Sooo are we all gonna bypass the QUOTE on the strap of the shoe? Based on that quote alone, I dont think it was ever Nikes intention to make this shoe about a team colorway.

This is one of many strong quotes Robinson had during his era... And as we all should know, the era he played ball in wasn't easy for negros. Inequality was at a all time high and he persecuted for his talents.

The colorway makes a lot of sense when you think about it. The shoe is playing homage, it has a significant meaning behind that QUOTE. It's part of his heritage and our history... Hence the shoe being BLACK and WHITE...

These are all quotes from Jackie Robinson...

*“There’s not an American in this country free until every one of us is free.”

*“But if Mr. Rickey hadn’t signed me, I wouldn’t have played another year in the black league. It was too difficult. The travel was brutal. Financially, there was no reward. It took everything you make to live off.”

*“But as I write these words now I cannot stand and sing the National Anthem. I have learned that I remain a black in a white world.”

Last edited:
The Jackie Robinson pair will be gone and up on Stock X or GOAT in seconds. They could've put artificial grass turf all over the shoe and and they'll still sell out because people want to make and extra $50. Nike knows what they're doing.

They need to place black and white shoes in colored backgrounds.. I couldn't figure out if it was a colorway or just a place holder.

The Jackie Robinson pair will be gone and up on Stock X or GOAT in seconds. They could've put artificial grass turf all over the shoe and and they'll still sell out because people want to make and extra $50. Nike knows what they're doing.
What’s funny is there’s an air max 97 made exactly like you just described that I think sold out

Attachments

• 8CEE0E86-3322-44C0-B349-F149FB744FD7.jpeg
    8CEE0E86-3322-44C0-B349-F149FB744FD7.jpeg
    908.4 KB · Views: 146
what were the og colorways of the griffey 2?

i know i use to have a reds retro colorway but i know he wasnt on the reds when they originally dropped

Back
Top Bottom