OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

Believe me man, I hope you're right.

Peace,
J

let us know what you think when you get a pair in hand :smile:

@Trydan
  Is it similar to an Air revolution, AJIII mid-sole, or an Air Jodan X retro mid-sole?? Sounds like phylon. Lets get some close ups.

I don't have any of those to compare. im judging off the og's and other 90's kicks. I have hardly any of the newer retros. ill have more pics up later today.

62 pages and 17 days, i kno NT is not a gauge on how shoes sell but it seems to be a true shoe that collectors only want (hopefully that is) and i hope i walk in on release day and scoop a pair with ease.

Either it's really phylon or Maybe the PU on you're og's have hardened over time which makes you think the fresh soft PU is something else...like Phylon? Is there a big weight difference?

Well I guess we'll find out soon.

@rcjbbp1313 I sure hope so. Hope there are plenty to go around.

Wonder how the hong kong release went today?

Last edited:
WOW! Great pics!

It's Hard to tell but it looks like painted phylon mid-sole in the photos 4 & 5. Texture is very similar to jordan X Phylon midsole/

Last edited:
here are the OG vs Retro comparison pics, bear in mind the og is an 11.5 and the retro I have is a 10.5 so its not quite 1:1 for size. the OGs have some wear and are like 23 years old too, so the neon has faded to yellow, the leather is aged and not crisp white, etc. ive also replaced the retros laces with og laces. hope yall enjoy the pics! :D

those look pretty good. i cannot believe that there is no air in the forefoot though. how the hell do air force ones have heel and forefoot air and these dont?

is the leather soft and flexible?

ill probably just wait til the emeralds come out

Well I hope that answers the leather question. The retros leather is definitely synthetic judging off those comparison pics. Still that won't detour me from getting these. I'm not suprised by the change. Typical Nike retro standard leather on these 2014s.

here are the OG vs Retro comparison pics, bear in mind the og is an 11.5 and the retro I have is a 10.5 so its not quite 1:1 for size. the OGs have some wear and are like 23 years old too, so the neon has faded to yellow, the leather is aged and not crisp white, etc. ive also replaced the retros laces with og laces. hope yall enjoy the pics!
happy.gif
Thanks for taking the time!

As far as retros go, it looks like they did a fantastic job.  Why can't we see this sort of consistency on all their retros??? 

those look pretty good. i cannot believe that there is no air in the forefoot though. how the hell do air force ones have heel and forefoot air and these dont?

is the leather soft and flexible?

ill probably just wait til the emeralds come out

I cant tell if they have forefoot or not without an xray lol. I replaced the insole tho and it make them worlds better. my opinion on the leather would be subjective. it feels ok to me, but im sure we will have a lot of opinions about it. as I said earlier, its definitely not 1990's quality leather.

Thanks for taking the time!

As far as retros go, it looks like they did a fantastic job.  Why can't we see this sort of consistency on all their retros??? 

yeah they do match up rather well all things considered. some things are off, but for retro quality its really rather good and wearable!

I think the comparison is very close and it looks like Nike did a great job on these..I can't even complain about leather anymore cause at this point I don't think Nike even uses genuine leather on any of it's products anymore..

Repped! Thansk for the pics.

Not bad guys! These retros look great pretty close to og!

Makes me wonder why they couldn't have purple stitching on the air flight huaraches earlier... but that's another story...

Can't wait!

I think the comparison is very close and it looks like Nike did a great job on these..I can't even complain about leather anymore cause at this point I don't think Nike even uses genuine leather on any of it's products anymore..
This is somewhat true and sad actually. They certainly rarely use real leather on their products. Funny thing is when they so a "vintage" series of retros the leather quality is usually very very good.

Anyways, thanks Trydan, for taking the time to post up pics. It certainly made up my decision for me. I just can't pay good $$ for plastic shoes.  Also, this is nitpicky, but the "splatter" on the retros are not executed very well. From a distance it actually looks like a wad of pubic hair stuck to your midsole lol. Compared to the nice spattering pattern on the OGs the retro version look very odd to me.

This is somewhat true and sad actually. They certainly rarely use real leather on their products. Funny thing is when they so a "vintage" series of retros the leather quality is usually very very good.

Anyways, thanks Trydan, for taking the time to post up pics. It certainly made up my decision for me. I just can't pay good $$ for plastic shoes.  Also, this is nitpicky, but the "splatter" on the retros are not executed very well. From a distance it actually looks like a wad of pubic hair stuck to your midsole lol. Compared to the nice spattering pattern on the OGs the retro version look very odd to me.

Very honest assessment and good looks on pointing out that splatter. Didn't notice that at first. In regards to the leather it's crazy because Nike does still use genuine leather at times I.e. Vintage air revolutions, QS air trainer sc II, and recently the huarache flights. The only reason I can see them using this synthetic leather is to save on production cost so they can make these widely available at a reasonable price point. Because if they retailed at a price point equivalent to the OG retail price, these would be almost $300+. At least that's my reasoning for the sub par leather. I'm still getting but I can understand why someone wouldn't want to copp.

Back
Top Bottom