OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

I dont know how responsive the originals were but it pumps just fine. Tightens up the heel like it should. But it is fully functional.

That's great to hear..I have 3 different pairs of Reebok retro pumps and 1 pair doesn't pump up at all and the other 2 on feel slightly inflated..So I'm glad that it seems like Nike has got it right..

That's great to hear..I have 3 different pairs of Reebok retro pumps and 1 pair doesn't pump up at all and the other 2 on feel slightly inflated..So I'm glad that it seems like Nike has got it right..
Hoping this is the case as well. I have 4 pair of Shaq Attaq, and they all run a tiny bit big, so why not? Use the pump...that's why it's there. All pairs work but after an hour or so the air has all slowly leaked out. :smh:

like 3 weeks away, & NO Info on What stores will carry these? and If it's a General Release??? for the Volt colorway.

These got me feeling warm inside. Wait, I can not.

You guys bashing reebok pumps lets just wait and see before we start crowning nikes pumps as getting it right. We only have one persons pair to compare.

After all nike is the worst when it comes to quality control.

Im more interested in knowing how the other parts of the shoe fit like is it true to size, wide or narrow, is leather soft and flexible or hard and rubbery? Also if it has forefoot air or if the cushioning feels like cement and non existent.

And i need a real ****** opinion who isnt a nike jordan *** kisser and will tell me if the materials feel like a 200 dollar shoe. I dont need another dj stomach swelz telling me the leather is nice when the leather is hard as an easter basket

You guys bashing reebok pumps lets just wait and see before we start crowning nikes pumps as getting it right. We only have one persons pair to compare.

After all nike is the worst when it comes to quality control.

Im more interested in knowing how the other parts of the shoe fit like is it true to size, wide or narrow, is leather soft and flexible or hard and rubbery? Also if it has forefoot air or if the cushioning feels like cement and non existent.

And i need a real ****** opinion who isnt a nike jordan *** kisser and will tell me if the materials feel like a 200 dollar shoe. I dont need another dj stomach swelz telling me the leather is nice when the leather is hard as an easter basket

Hahaha I'll let you know as soon as little bro gets them in the shop. Gotta be in the next week or so.

Peace,
J

jshortt jshortt
I don't think anyone is bashing Reebok. I know I'm not. I LOVE my Reebok Pump Retro's. Hell all my J's got sold to make room for li Ning and Reebok.

A few of us are just saying how the pump tech in the shoes operates less than optimally. As I said mine leaks. But the Nike may not be better. Will cop regardless.

jshortt jshortt
I don't think anyone is bashing Reebok. I know I'm not. I LOVE my Reebok Pump Retro's. Hell all my J's got sold to make room for li Ning and Reebok.

A few of us are just saying how the pump tech in the shoes operates less than optimally. As I said mine leaks. But the Nike may not be better. Will cop regardless.

Huh? Pretty sure you meant that for NK LOL. I didn't say a word about Reebok.

Peace,
J

jshortt jshortt

Indeed you are correct. Sorry about that bro, I skimmed the thread too fast to see who was quoting who.

Last edited:
jshortt jshortt

This is exactly how I feel..Not to bash Reebok cause I'm sure there are plenty of people with the same 3 styles of Pumps I have and they have no issue..And I actually hope that the leather on the Nike Pump is as good as my Changs..We'll just wait and see I guess..

The most important question is where am I going to be able to buy my pair..

I dont know how responsive the originals were but it pumps just fine. Tightens up the heel like it should. But it is fully functional.

Heel? Or do you mean around the ankle ? I thought that these just pumped around the ankle and tongue.

I had a pair of ultra forcfe 3/4 back in the day that had the same sole and midsole but non-visible air, and man were they comfy, these look like the would be very comfy too.

I thought that these just pumped around the ankle and tongue.

around the ankle only.

no tounge pump on these or the 180's, but the 180's had an airbag for the arch too.

most people don't know that tho, if you notice near the end in white men cant jump when wesley tries to pump woodys shoes he reaches for the tounge, which does nothing. :lol:

around the ankle only.

no tounge pump on these or the 180's, but the 180's had an airbag for the arch too.

most people don't know that tho, if you notice near the end in white men cant jump when wesley tries to pump woodys shoes he reaches for the tounge, which does nothing. :lol:

arch support airbag? that is pretty slick! interesting about the movie ill have to check that out.

arch support airbag? that is pretty slick! interesting about the movie ill have to check that out.

yeah, if you look at page 5 of this thread, there are diagrams of the various pumps.

that D shaped part part on the upper right goes down under the arch of the insole on the 180s. I think you can pump them up independently, hense the round selector dial on the 180s. definitely more complicated than the commands pump system which is just around the ankle.

I have a few pair of retro reebok pumps. Victory, omni, torch. And 2 fury. One fury leaks bad. And the victory Collette I think sat on a shelf too long. I took them apart and there is a crease in a passage preventing air to get into the bladder when u pump unless you hold it just right. The rest work awesome and hold air just fine. I do remember on my commands that they held there air pretty good. And still worked after a jealous kid stabbed my ankle pump with a metal dart. Stupid kids. I also remember kids try to deflate my shoes by kicking the button on the back while walking down the halls. I knew they were just jealous so it never bothered me. Those shoes took a lot of abuse. Let's hope nike holds up to those standards or exceeds them this time around. Also the cushioning on those originals were the best I ever owned. I used to jump off my garage and never felt a thing. Extraordinary.

I have a few pair of retro reebok pumps. Victory, omni, torch. And 2 fury. One fury leaks bad. And the victory Collette I think sat on a shelf too long. I took them apart and there is a crease in a passage preventing air to get into the bladder when u pump unless you hold it just right. The rest work awesome and hold air just fine. I do remember on my commands that they held there air pretty good. And still worked after a jealous kid stabbed my ankle pump with a metal dart. Stupid kids. I also remember kids try to deflate my shoes by kicking the button on the back while walking down the halls. I knew they were just jealous so it never bothered me. Those shoes took a lot of abuse. Let's hope nike holds up to those standards or exceeds them this time around. Also the cushioning on those originals were the best I ever owned. I used to jump off my garage and never felt a thing. Extraordinary.

funny how kids arejust a bunch of little jealous bastards...looking back it is all meaningless now

man if kids ****** with my shoes back in the day i would have kicked their ******* *** so hard they would be coughing up air soles

you should have beat their ***. stuck that dart through that kids hand.

the good ol days where if you were bullied all you had to do was beat that ***. nowadays kids get bullied and they kill themselves :smh:

man if kids ****** with my shoes back in the day i would have kicked their ******* *** so hard they would be coughing up air soles

you should have beat their ***. stuck that dart through that kids hand.

the good ol days where if you were bullied all you had to do was beat that ***. nowadays kids get bullied and they kill themselves :smh:

School of hardknocks

I also remember kids try to deflate my shoes by kicking the button on the back while walking down the halls.
Haha, that happened to me too... but it was all in good fun... nothing malicious.  They'd simply use the tip of their shoe and just nudge the plastic upwards... that was all it took! Hssss.....

LL

Back
Top Bottom