Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

Daniel Briere is such a traitor

Yes, I am a fan of the Sabres.

sabres.jpg

Hopefully we beat ATL tonight after two losses to the Isles
Vikings | Sabres | Timberwolves | Bills​
Taylor-Jackson-Peterson-Williams-Hutchinson | Miller-Vanek-Campbell-Connolly-Roy | Jefferson-Foye-McCants-Brewer-Smith | Everett-Evans-Losman-Lynch-Moorman​

Here's to the Pens moving a litle bit farther in the playoffs this year... i love watching these guys, i can't believe they almost moved the franchise right as these guys were all coming in, I'd be heartbroken right now.

I'm not a huge NHL fan, but i follow the standings and will watch anytime I'm flipping channels and catch them on TV. Obviously it's easier to follow them right now than it was a few years ago, so I'm sure my interest will increase the better some of these guys get... sorry to sound like a bandwagoner.. I'm really not, i was a Pens fan back when Lemiuex and Jagr were doing big things, but hockey does rank about 5th or 6th on my list of sports interests so I'm really not going to follow super closely if my team blows... but i'm not going to be rooting outrageously if we win either :lol:
laugh.gif
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

Quote:
Daniel Briere is such a traitor

how is he a traitor b/c he took the most money? and went with a team on the way up, not down?

I dont blame a 30 yr old NHL at all for doing whats best for him
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Here's my opinions of the new jerseys every team is wearing this year compared to years before...

Aniheim Ducks-Downgrade-I liked them better when they were owned by Disney a couple years ago. Thier shoulder logo, the Donald Duck angry goalie mask, was friggin' awesome. Now they're too plain. They went from ugly colors to just as ugly colors too.

Atlanta Thrashers-Downgrade-Better last year. Apron string striping is stupid looking and looks empty without the waistline striping they had last year.

Boston Bruins-No change-Looks the same as last year so I can't complain. Miss the alternate bear head logo jerseys though.

Buffalo Sabres-Downgrade-They had the best jerseys in the league two years ago and best alternates last year. Now it just plain sucks. GO BUFFALO SLUGS!

Calgary Flames-Downgrade-The new striping looks awful.

Carolina Hurricanes-No change-Shoulder stripe looks dumb though

Chicago Blackhawks-No change-Looks the same

Colorado Avalanche-Downgrade-Awful, awful, awful. No mountain striping on the waistline and sleeves=stupid. Apron string striping makes things worse.

Columbus Blue Jackets-Upgrade-The most awesome logo in the league now.

Dallas Stars-Downgrade-The new RBK edge jersey is unable to duplicate the "star" jersey of last year. This year looks plain and dull.

Detroit Red Wings-No change-Red Wings Suck! Jerseys are fine.

Edmonton Oilers-Downgrade-Apron strings ruin this jersey.

Florida Panthers-Upgrade-The only time I think apron strings look right on a jersey. Jersey looks clean to me now.

L.A. Kings-No change-looks good

Minnesota Wild-Downgrade-Not much changed but last year looked better.

Montreal Canadians-No change-Yawn

Nashville Predators-Downgrade-Stripes and apron strings makes it look like crap

New Jersey Devils-No change-Still the same boring jersey they've always had.

New York Islanders-Upgrade-The jerseys they have now pops with vibrance. I likes it a lot

New York Rangers-No change-I miss the Statue of Liberty logo though.

Ottowa Senators-Downgrade-Went from one of the coolest jerseys ever to plain boringness now.

Philadelphia Flyers-No change-bleh

Pheonix Coyotes-No change-although getting rid of the waistline stripes looks decent

Pittsburgh Penguins-No change-Never liked the logo though

San Jose Sharks-Upgrade-Love the new logo and new jerseys. I hated the old jerseys so much that it couldn't ba anything but an upgrade this year.

St. Louis Blues-Downgrade-New striping are the downfall of this jersey.

Tampa Bay Lightning-Downgrade-Don't like the new logo at all compared to last year. Font is too plain and it doesn't look right withought the word Lightning underneath. The bolt doesn't look right either.

Toronto Maple leafs-No change-Needs thier waistline striping back though.

Vanvcouver Canucks-Downgrade-Way too busy now. Get rid of the Vancouver over the logo and this might be a great jersey.

Washinton Capitals-Downgrade-One of the coolest logos ever, the capital building one, is gone and that makes me upset. I don't like the new logo because the font looks way off to me.

Broncos - Avalanche - Rockies - Nuggets

Always have been my teams, always will be my teams

Quote:
how is he a traitor b/c he took the most money? and went with a team on the way up, not down?

I dont blame a 30 yr old NHL at all for doing whats best for him

The Sabres made Briere who he is today. We claimed the dude off waivers, nobody wanted him before we picked him up and made him a star in our system in the new NHL.

I don't see how you figure the Sabres were on the way down prior to losing both Briere and Drury. We went to the ECF two years in a row, that's no accident.

Drury too man, we gave him the same amount of money NYR offered and he still left our team. So annoying.

I get so annoyed probably because of the standard KG set in 'Sota.
Taylor-Jackson-Peterson-Williams-Hutchinson | Miller-Vanek-Campbell-Connolly-Roy | Jefferson-Foye-McCants-Brewer-Smith | Everett-Evans-Losman-Lynch-Moorman​

Quote:
Buffalo Sabres-Downgrade-They had the best jerseys in the league two years ago and best alternates last year. Now it just plain sucks. GO BUFFALO SLUGS!

:pimp:
pimp.gif
02353770.jpg
pimp.gif

Quote:
The Sabres made Briere who he is today. We claimed the dude off waivers, nobody wanted him before we picked him up and made him a star in our system in the new NHL.

he would be a star in the new NHL anywhere, and I still don't see how taking the money makes him a traitor

yes you went to the ECF but that means nothing this year

nobody remembers the team who didnt win the Stanley Cup as the runner up

Quote:
Dallas Stars-Downgrade-The new RBK edge jersey is unable to duplicate the "star" jersey of last year. This year looks plain and dull.
:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Quote:
Washinton Capitals-Downgrade-One of the coolest logos ever, the capital building one, is gone and that makes me upset. I don't like the new logo because the font looks way off to me.
langway.jpg
2007-01-10-ovechkin.jpg
capt.sge.hax74.071007073004.photo00.photo.default-512x339.jpg

are somewhat similar to the OG ones....Caps should have never gotten rid of the R/W/B colorway in the first place....same goes for the Bullets...I mean Wizards...

570px-JaromeIginla.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i love these jerseys!

I don't like the whole tight fitting jerseys too much, there should be a bit of looseness.

this year my early pick is the rangers. jagr is a beast and they made a couple of good moves over the summer. i was gonna pick the sabres, but too many of their best players got traded.

oh, and the best jerseys ever:

PAAAAAIGMBBOPCAP.jpg
4L8O15S16T23!42​

flames jerseys are sick
sabres look like slugs on their jerseys

Team Pizziaolo
- RED SOX FOR LIFE -​

Go Blackhawks...... :\
ohwell.gif
Quote:
TEAMIRONMAN
B.....U.....L.....L.....S
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 91 - 92 - 93 - 96 - 97 - 98​

Quote:
yes you went to the ECF but that means nothing this year

well, you did say that

Quote:
(briere) went with a team on the way up, not down?

I don't see how Philly is some team on the rise without Briere, unless you count the fact they were dead last in the NHL last year. It's not like the Sabres are going to have a tremendous drop-off either, even without Briere and Drury.

Quote:
he would be a star in the new NHL anywhere, and I still don't see how taking the money makes him a traitor

The Sabres basically laid the foundation for what teams should do. I know they havn't won a Stanley Cup but they decided to use the less physical, more finesse approach. Deciding to keep Briere around was a part of that. If the Sabres try to stay physical then Briere doesn't get any shine during 05-06 to get his 5 million arbritration ruling for 06-07 to put him in the posistion to get 10 million up front from the Flyers like he did this offseason.

Quote:
I don't see how Philly is some team on the rise without Briere, unless you count the fact they were dead last in the NHL last year. It's not like the Sabres are going to have a tremendous drop-off either, even without Briere and Drury.

the Flyers are loaded with young talent and a solid defense

the Sabres are not going to be the same team for many years to come, they will be competitive but not a Cup contender and the Flyers arent either this year but we will be alot closer in the coming years

I give Buffalo all the respect in the world for learning the NHL when it changed and foreseeing what was to come while the Flyers were dumb and kept slow, big players around.

But Holmgren has turned this team into a franchise that will be contenders next season

reppin NEW YORK RANGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!......1994 ALL OVER AGAIN!!!
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS
H.LUNDQVIST M.ROSZIVAL M.MALIK B.SHANAHAN B.BETTS S.AVERY S.GOMEZ T.POCK C.DRURY P.PRUCHA C.ORR P.MARA J.STRUDWICK R.CALLAHAN R.HOLLWEG D.GIRARDI F.TYUTIN J.JAGR M.HOSSA M.STRAKA

hopefully the thrashers can get a win here.
tonight would be a good night to get their first win!
they play buffalo and they are 0-2 so maybe? haha

TEAMATLANTABRAVES​

Quote:
Please...the white ones are fresh

Mossy, I actually like the Home Blues better. I'm not bothered by the jersey themselves, I just hate the logo so much. One of these days I will buy a Sabres jersey but I'm gonna wait to see if they change the uni's again because so many players are complaining about these RBK Edge jerseys.

Quote:
How are you going to say that the new caps jersey is a downgrade?
Broncos - Avalanche - Rockies - Nuggets
Always have been my teams, always will be my teams

I'm black and I just started watching hockey. would somebody mind schooling me to the game? one thing I want to know is the differences between the new NHL and the old one.

Quote:
Mossy, I actually like the Home Blues better. I'm not bothered by the jersey themselves, I just hate the logo so much. One of these days I will buy a Sabres jersey but I'm gonna wait to see if they change the uni's again because so many players are complaining about these RBK Edge jerseys.

i havn't seen any news item reguarding the players complaining about the edge jerseys...you have a link?

Quote:
There are no "third" or alternate uniforms this season -- just home and road. Alternate unis may reappear next season.
:smh:
smh.gif
TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Back
Top Bottom