Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

Great game between the Caps and the Flyers right now.... It could go either way after 1 period of Overtime. Hopefully the Capitals pull it out, I hateeverything from Philly in regards to their teams

yes baby!!! dallas got the big win strangle hold 3-1....

and as for capitals damn so many chances to win that game in 1st overtime but no 1 could finish for them and huet saved them twice with those huge glovesaves...

I know Thornton's not there for the points but it just seems like he does so many little stupid things.

Of course, right after I posted that, he drew that high stick call.
laugh.gif

EDIT: Big win tonight, lets take it at home.
pimp.gif
Hopefully there wont be asmany Habs fans in Boston this time. I went to Game 4 and when they scored the only goal, you could hear more cheers than boos.

VERY surprised the B's pulled that one out.......Looks like it was a good call to put Kessell back in.

It looks as if Dallas just may upset the defending Champs
smh.gif

If Colorado can hang onto this 2 goal load they will win the next game in Denver to close out the series.

SJ down 1-0.......Iggy scored on a 5-3

My fellow Bruins fans (or any hockey fan really), is it just me, or does Shawn Thornton suck really bad?

i actually like shawn thornton alot. dude may not score, which wasn't why we got him anyway, but he always seems to help bring the bruins up.

now wideman on the other hand sucks. i really despise him and murray right now.

on another sidenote, i think ward is one of the hardest working defensemen in the league. dude eats those shots like they're nothing.

one more sidenote, the bruins are taking it in 7.

Ward is of the most unlucky guys in hockey. Dude is always getting whacked by a stick or a puck or something. I remember one game, he got nailed in the ribswith one of those last second of the period slap shots down ice, then later he got hit in the head with the puck, then he got smashed into the boards.
laugh.gif

Yeah Murray is ghosting it out there right now. There used to be a time when you'd hear his name called every time his shift was out there, now hes likeinvisible.

You hate wideman? I had him on my fantasy team and dude was nothing but good to me. One of the higher ranked defensemen. He's solid.

The Rangers and Pens have both looked very good so far, and Calgary-San Jose has been an awsome series so far.

pimp.gif
At the way the Ducks came out playing tonight.
BTW the officiating in the Ducks series has been an absolute travesty. Just tonight Anaheim has gotten 3 BS calls leading to 4 Dallas powerplays.
smh.gif

Ward is def on of the most unlucky guys always getting killed by pucks. Hope he doesn't get scratched for game 6. Murray is sucking right now and I justwant to B's to win. I haven't watched hockey like this since the Adam Oates era.
laugh.gif

Even with the Bruins winning the last game in Montreal I still don't see them getting past the Habs. IF the B's win game 6 in Boston I REALLY don'tthink the Habs will get beat in game 7 back in Montreal. Then again, I didn't think they'd lose game 5 in Montreal and look what happened
ohwell.gif

Anaheim is starting to take shape of that Defending Champs team from last year, will they come back from a 3-1 deficit?

I knew the Rangers would win tonight, they're a team built for the playoffs and they won important games in Jersey. If Montreal and Philly win theirseries' then it'll be Rangers Vs Pens which is going to be an insane series
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Boston looked very good tonight in beating the Habs. Capitals looked ok but it would appear as if the Flyers didn't play as well as they have so far. Itsgoing to be an interesting next two days to see how the 2nd round will shape up.

Rangers v Pens would be fantastic hockey, i'm really hoping for it.. although, i'd rather play Washington (or boston
laugh.gif
)

Oh my goddddddd...

I went to the Habs/Bruins game tonight, 6 rows from the ice. The game and crowd was insaneeeeee....
pimp.gif
My ears are still ringing. Best 200 dollars I ever spent, although it was anemotional rollercoaster. When the Habs tied it 4-4, they were just beginning to announce the Kessel goal and all of a sudden the light goes on and everyone waslike "wait, what?!"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Oh my goddddddd...

I went to the Habs/Bruins game tonight, 6 rows from the ice. The game and crowd was insaneeeeee....
pimp.gif
My ears are still ringing. Best 200 dollars I ever spent, although it was an emotional rollercoaster. When the Habs tied it 4-4, they were just beginning to announce the Kessel goal and all of a sudden the light goes on and everyone was like "wait, what?!"
laugh.gif

Only 200 dollars for row 6 seats?!?!?! $@%. Those would cost like 1K each ...if we made it....

I got 2 seats, 6 rows from the glass where the boards curve, Bruins shoot 2X side off ebay last night for 400 total BIN. StubHub had them at like 600 a piecefor similar seats. I got a little lucky.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Oh my goddddddd...

pimp.gif
My ears are still ringing. Best 200 dollars I ever spent, although it was an emotional rollercoaster. When the Habs tied it 4-4, they were just beginning to announce the Kessel goal and all of a sudden the light goes on and everyone was like "wait, what?!"
laugh.gif

Only 200 dollars for row 6 seats?!?!?! $@%. Those would cost like 1K each ...if we made it....

where would it cost you 1k for a ticket? if you got them on time they wouldn't be more than 200 in any arena i would imagine. even if you bought fromstubhub i dont see a hockey ticket going for 1k

bjm5295 wrote:

Oh my goddddddd...

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

What a game. Bar I was at was insane. People were going wild, beer flying everywhere

laugh.gif
@ the goal Lidstrom just scored.........

SJ/CGY game is going to be insane tonight, red sea crowd will be in full effect. I'm hoping the Sharks can do what they do best and win on the road toclose out the series.

Did anyone hear the intermission analyst dude say Lidstorm is the second best defensemen hes ever seen? I mean, I love Lidstorm and all, but really?
laugh.gif

Did anyone hear the intermission analyst dude say Lidstorm is the second best defensemen hes ever seen? I mean, I love Lidstorm and all, but really?
laugh.gif

In recent history only Borque and Coffey were on Lidstrom's level... if you go further back you have guys like Orr, but it's hard to comparedifferent generations of players.
Which other defensemen in the past 20 years are as good as Lidstrom?

^I wouldn't say the second best d-man of all-time but he's for sure top 7.........I'm too lazy to type out my argument of why I think he's top7 but just go to nhl.com/players and punch in Nick's name and hit "career stats".......that'll be enough said. Maybe later I'll providesome points to back up my belief
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneRoad009

laugh.gif

In recent history only Borque and Coffey were on Lidstrom's level... if you go further back you have guys like Orr, but it's hard to compare different generations of players.
Which other defensemen in the past 20 years are as good as Lidstrom?

Scott Stevens, Rod Langway, Al MacInnis, Chris Chelios, Scott Niedermayer, Brian Leetch...

Back
Top Bottom