OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week II Vol: “That’s my Michelle”

CMC looking at going to IR. Rough day for my friends in fantasy with the top 2 picks. CMC injured and cheetah losing his quarterback

Tua numbers

1. The deal includes $167M guaranteed for injury
  2. $43M of which has been paid in 2024
  3. If he's medically cleared to return to football, but opts to retire, he will forego the remaining $124M guaranteed (barring a custom settlement)
  4. If he's medically forced into retirement, he has a right to collect the $124M remaining.
Further more if Tua is able to pass a physical next March, the Dolphins will have the ability to release him, with "only" his $50M of 2025 compensation on the hook. Tua's 2026 compensation ($54M) becomes fully guaranteed on March 14th. A Post 6/1 release prior to this means $83.6M of dead cap across 2025/2026.

Good heavens. Walk away now. No shame at all. Your families, family is set for life.

Do we really think the phins/nfl will deem Tua medically unfit so that he can collect on $125 mil? Hell no. The problem is it’s “just” a concussion. Something he can live with now

I will believe it when I see it. This is gonna be a sticky situation. I wouldn’t talk to anyone affiliated with the league when it comes to what he should do.

Do we really think the phins/nfl will deem Tua medically unfit so that he can collect on $125 mil? Hell no. The problem is it’s “just” a concussion. Something he can live with now

I will believe it when I see it. This is gonna be a sticky situation. I wouldn’t talk to anyone affiliated with the league when it comes to what he should do.
The league is full of deplorables and scumbags so I agree. They will.fight him for every penny. The only saving grace is that with their settlement for concussions it would be an awful look of they say it's just a concussion.

Last edited:
My friend is devastated that he got the first overall pick in his league and took CMC right now
My friend and your friend are in the exact same boat :lol: :smh:

It's smart to play it safe with him objectively speaking, Shanny could pull someone off the practice squad and have them contributing :lol:

No need to rush him back, my friend be damned.

Better to have him healthy for the postseason than the early part of the regular season

Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

Back
Top Bottom