Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif
I see you forgot what happened in that oneWIR thread last season

sadly, i remember all to well..

but really, calling dude 1 of the best based off only 12 games.. and he only started how many of those games before getting hurt?

i get saying that the dude has potential, but calling him 1 of the best already.. gee

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif
I see you forgot what happened in that oneWIR thread last season

sadly, i remember all to well..

but really, calling dude 1 of the best based off only 12 games.. and he only started how many of those games before getting hurt?

i get saying that the dude has potential, but calling him 1 of the best already.. gee

Can't believe how far Braylon fell off in the league's eyes.  I think it has more so to do w/ his off the field shenanigans and unwarranted ego than his actual play, though.

I'm still laughing at his contract.
laugh.gif

Can't believe how far Braylon fell off in the league's eyes.  I think it has more so to do w/ his off the field shenanigans and unwarranted ego than his actual play, though.

I'm still laughing at his contract.
laugh.gif

That Olin Kreutz signing is yet another solid move by New Orleans' FO. Can't say enough about adding veteran leadership for the playoffs.
Atlanta missed out on A.J. and now they can complement that with a second place in the division. Are they close to locking up Brent Grimes?

laugh.gif
 The thought of Braylon taking a discounted one-year contract to party in SF. Business comes first always. I had thought the Jets offered him close to $6 mil per, so either Braylon wanted to snub New York that badly or his agent wasn't giving good advice. 

That Olin Kreutz signing is yet another solid move by New Orleans' FO. Can't say enough about adding veteran leadership for the playoffs.
Atlanta missed out on A.J. and now they can complement that with a second place in the division. Are they close to locking up Brent Grimes?

laugh.gif
 The thought of Braylon taking a discounted one-year contract to party in SF. Business comes first always. I had thought the Jets offered him close to $6 mil per, so either Braylon wanted to snub New York that badly or his agent wasn't giving good advice. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Statis22

Sidney Rice better than Santonio Holmes?

Oh ok.

will you please tell these fools

roll.gif

IT  AINT EVEN CLOSE EITHER
Funny thing is, when I first laughed that statement, dudes was agreeing with him
laugh.gif
like naaa, you can miss me with all that bs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Statis22

Sidney Rice better than Santonio Holmes?

Oh ok.

will you please tell these fools

roll.gif

IT  AINT EVEN CLOSE EITHER
Funny thing is, when I first laughed that statement, dudes was agreeing with him
laugh.gif
like naaa, you can miss me with all that bs
laugh.gif

Santonio Holmes is an awesome route runner with great hands and has made a TON of clutch catches in his career. This year was his worst season because of the suspension and he still had 746 yards and 6 TD's in 12 games. Sidney Rice is a deep threat that had one very good year with Brett Favre throwing to him.

Santonio Holmes is an awesome route runner with great hands and has made a TON of clutch catches in his career. This year was his worst season because of the suspension and he still had 746 yards and 6 TD's in 12 games. Sidney Rice is a deep threat that had one very good year with Brett Favre throwing to him.

Im not trying to get into one of those WR arguments so im gonna have my opinion you can have yours and we'll leave it at that.

Someone said Rice was only good cause he had Favre. Well Holmes had a Superbowl Champion for a QB is whole career. Typically you go by who's been doing what longer. Yea Holmes has had a longer career with consistent stats to show for it. But when Rice finally had a QB his best season was better than Holmes best season. You can just see his skill set is scarier. When Rice came back last season he was playing right where he left off of the year before, catching touchdown passes in between 3 players. Where as Holmes was dropping passes left and right last year. At least from what I remember. I do remember he cost them the game against Miami. And I do remember him dropping costly passes against the Packers and they ended up losing.

Its my opinion so be it. I guess im a fool. I'd rather have Rice on my team than Holmes. Then again they're 2 very different WR's. Rice has the body and length. Holmes has the quickness and speed. They both have good hands. I could care less what Football Analyst Gunna over here says and I could care less how long he's studied their combine times for. Its not even a close argument? I think its a very close argument. They're both very good. Have you not seen whats Rice is capable of? Maybe im biased cause I watched Rice in the North division wreck !+@%. I feared him everytime the Packers played the Vikings.

Im not trying to get into one of those WR arguments so im gonna have my opinion you can have yours and we'll leave it at that.

Someone said Rice was only good cause he had Favre. Well Holmes had a Superbowl Champion for a QB is whole career. Typically you go by who's been doing what longer. Yea Holmes has had a longer career with consistent stats to show for it. But when Rice finally had a QB his best season was better than Holmes best season. You can just see his skill set is scarier. When Rice came back last season he was playing right where he left off of the year before, catching touchdown passes in between 3 players. Where as Holmes was dropping passes left and right last year. At least from what I remember. I do remember he cost them the game against Miami. And I do remember him dropping costly passes against the Packers and they ended up losing.

Its my opinion so be it. I guess im a fool. I'd rather have Rice on my team than Holmes. Then again they're 2 very different WR's. Rice has the body and length. Holmes has the quickness and speed. They both have good hands. I could care less what Football Analyst Gunna over here says and I could care less how long he's studied their combine times for. Its not even a close argument? I think its a very close argument. They're both very good. Have you not seen whats Rice is capable of? Maybe im biased cause I watched Rice in the North division wreck !+@%. I feared him everytime the Packers played the Vikings.

Originally Posted by Jay02

i agree... i think it's easier to find/replace a holmes.. than it is to find/replace a sidney rice

also.. why isn't vincent jackson mentioned in this better than holmes debate?

i agree... i think it's easier to find/replace a holmes.. than it is to find/replace a sidney rice

also.. why isn't vincent jackson mentioned in this better than holmes debate?

Agreed. Santonio has had one thousand yard season and has never scored more than 8 TD's in a season yet he is some lock for the top 10 WR's in the league.
eyes.gif
Riightt. Don't get me wrong I love the things Holmes is able to do for a football team and he is a tremendous player but to say he is a lock as a top 10 WR or even way better than Rice is ludicrous, considering all the talent there is at that position. Is it arguable? Yes. A lock? Hardly.

Agreed. Santonio has had one thousand yard season and has never scored more than 8 TD's in a season yet he is some lock for the top 10 WR's in the league.
eyes.gif
Riightt. Don't get me wrong I love the things Holmes is able to do for a football team and he is a tremendous player but to say he is a lock as a top 10 WR or even way better than Rice is ludicrous, considering all the talent there is at that position. Is it arguable? Yes. A lock? Hardly.

Back
Top Bottom