OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa that's just throwing dart after dart and just praying down thing hits a bullseye
laugh.gif
reid came in and the team drafted mcnabb in '99 (reid being with the team for 14 seasons)

Pederson was here solely to be a bridge until mcnabb was ready..

and then reid liked taking QBs to groom and he could later potentially trade them off later.. like with aj feeley

we tried the "Rodgers" approach with kevin kolb, that didn't exactly work out.. but we were able to move him

Last edited:
 Teams that are smart, get their guy, no matter how or where (Draft early, draft late, FA, trade, etc) and stick with him thru thick and thin.

this is all you needed to say.. but it isn't exactly that simple

I could want Andrew luck, but unless I had the number 1 pick that year.. what was the likelihood of me getting him?

or how about peyton when he came out?

Elway..

or how about steve young

You coulda got Steve Young in the Supplemental draft like Tampa Bay did.

Luck, Peyton, and Elway were NFL targets as freshman, walking into a school. Jared Goff and Carson Wentz were not that, not even close. Not even the same ballpark. But I know you have a responsibility to keep on keepin on for the Eagles so you're gonna ride this wave all the way til they cut bait and get you a new guy to ride for. Commendable on your part, truly is.

Last edited:
If you can move them it's not a bad strategy at all
nah it isn't.. pretty smart actually, IF you can move the guy eventual (like with feeley and eventually kolb)

similar essentially to moving a pick in the current draft for a future pick in a higher round or something

problem is we just couldn't find 'the guy' for sustained success after mcnabb.. guys were given chances, but just couldn't find that consistency where the team could depend on them for seasons to come

Teams that are smart, get their guy, no matter how or where (Draft early, draft late, FA, trade, etc) and stick with him thru thick and thin.

I could want Andrew luck, but unless I had the number 1 pick that year.. what was the likelihood of me getting him?

Elway..

or how about steve young

Luck, Peyton, and Elway were NFL targets as freshman, walking into a school. Jared Goff and Carson Wentz were not that, not even close. Not even the same ballpark. But I know you have a responsibility to keep on keepin on for the Eagles so you're gonna ride this wave all the way til they cut bait and get you a new guy to ride for. Commendable on your part, truly is.
tampa bay was the worst team in the league the season before, that is how they got the 1st pick in that draft

there can only be 1 'worst'

Damn the Eagles have been fairly solid on quarterbacks.

Also I'm not sure if dude understands how the supplemental draft was that season. It's fair to say Steve Young was a number one overall guy.

Last edited:
But there are college football junkies on this board. Die hards. Not a one of em ever watched a minute of Carson Wentz. Now he's goin #2 in the NFL draft. At the cost of several draft picks.

I find that ridiculous.
and
 But I know you have a responsibility to keep on keepin on for the Eagles so you're gonna ride this wave all the way til they cut bait and get you a new guy to ride for. Commendable on your part, truly is.
please point out where exactly I'm riding for any of the QBs in this draft..

I'm just pointing out your flawed logic on a number of fronts.. I will readily admit I knew very little about carson wentz (and this applies to most prospects til draft time cause I only watch a handful of college games).. but you (or any of your friends) not watching any of his film aint the end of the world to me

Last edited:

Elway..

or how about steve young

Dat Irony.

Elway..

or how about steve young

Dat Irony.

i seent it :nerd:

but CP is actually preachin' what he always says about Tannehill. he wants the Phins to put a supporting cast around him that lets him develop.

that's what he's saying you do when you pick a QB "later" on. you stick with them, build the team around them, and let them develop. the revolving door with the coaching staff in MIA and on offense certainly hasn't helped Tanne.

Last edited:
but CP is actually preachin' what he always says about Tannehill. he wants the Phins to put a supporting cast around him that lets him develop.

that's what he's saying you do when you pick a QB "later" on. you stick with them, build the team around them, and let them develop. the revolving door with the coaching staff in MIA and on offense certainly hasn't helped Tanne.

Dat irony.

:lol:

IATT isn't on some team Kool aid trip like it felt from some philly fans with some of the Chip moves. Dude just seems to have a different take on this

But there are college football junkies on this board. Die hards. Not a one of em ever watched a minute of Carson Wentz. Now he's goin #2 in the NFL draft. At the cost of several draft picks.

I find that ridiculous.

and

But I know you have a responsibility to keep on keepin on for the Eagles so you're gonna ride this wave all the way til they cut bait and get you a new guy to ride for. Commendable on your part, truly is.

please point out where exactly I'm riding for any of the QBs in this draft..

I'm just pointing out your flawed logic on a number of fronts.. I will readily admit I knew very little about carson wentz (and this applies to most prospects til draft time cause I only watch a handful of college games).. but you (or any of your friends) not watching any of his film aint the end of the world to me

How do I know? Ummmmmm because NOBODY was talking about him last year. Nobody. No one. His own mom wasn't ridin.

Goff did have some burn last year. He was on draft radars.

You don't need to be offended because I said some NT CFB junkies didn't even know about Wentz. It wasn't a diss.

people are making it like the eagles gave up all their draft picks ala Ditka going after Ricky Williams 
laugh.gif

none of you ever gave up more than you PROBABLY should have to get something you really wanted?
laugh.gif

idk why i found this funny considering football

you do realize CP is having a completely different conversation than the rest of us right..

my points aren't necessarily about the eagles, however I have felt the need to address several comments that were just flat out wrong.. like this one:
and you can do it without giving up the next three years of tops picks.
I completely agree that you can land a franchise guy outside of the 1st.. however, your chances and the rate of success drop the further down you get in the draft.. just like landing a franchise guy through free agency, certain positions just don't hit free agency

I've never said it has to be all or nothing.. never said it solely has to be nature or nurture..

however, I do think you have a better chance with any draft pick the higher you get in the draft.. but then again, that depends on the strength of the draft in that given year.. when the eagles had the 4th pick in 2013, it would have been extremely dumb to reach on a QB given the 1st QB taken was EJ manuel (with geno being the top ranked going in)

it literally boils down to this:

you do realize CP is having a completely different conversation than the rest of us right..

i was responding to franc, MF, and the comment about CP riding Tanne to no end :lol:

Last edited:
It's going to be the chaos of when Kobe left but with the football folks :pimp:

And it will take NE years to overcome

Last edited:
it's what I do for a living..

I think the most positive I've said about wentz is I'm intrigued.. which I am.. he has size, good arm, mobility and is smart (also clean off the field)

also pointed out his level of competition as a negative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom