OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the hell is Arian Foster gonna end up?
laugh.gif
denver!!

Steelers' Mike Tomlin uses a fake timeout to ice kicker at FSU's pro day

Mike Tomlin takes pro days seriously -- so seriously that he prepared a special surprise for Florida State kicker Roberto Aguayo on Tuesday.

At FSU's pro day, Tomlin took an interest in Aguayo, who's regarded as the best kicker in the draft and is a self-proclaimed second-round pick. So before Aguayo could kick a simulated game-winning 50-yard field goal, Tomlin reached into his metaphoric pocket to call a fake timeout so that he could ice Aguayo.

After a delay, Aguayo proceeded to drill the kick.

"At the end of the day I think I finished strong and finished with that game-winning [kick]. They called the timeout and I kicked it again, so they liked that. I think I had a great workout," Aguayo said, per ESPN. "Tomlin called a timeout. They want to see you still kick it because you can test, see where the wind's blowing and everything, so they liked that, how I kicked it still. It was a 50-yarder."

That's not the only method the Steelers used to rattle Aguayo.

"The Steelers' [assistant coach] was trying to get in my head at the beginning. He was asking all these questions, but after I didn't pay attention to him, he walked off," Aguayo said. "See, those are the little things they want to see, if you get distracted, if you get flustered from ... They're like, 'Why are you going to hit five warm-ups? Why can't you hit three warm-ups?' All those little things and he's like, 'Oh, you're sticking by the book,' and I was like, 'Yes sir.' Those are the little things, see, and overall I think I had a good workout."

Can you blame the Steelers for their diligence? You cannot -- not after their chaotic kicker year. In the preseason, Shaun Suisham landed on injured reserve. So did Garrett Hartley. They traded for Josh Scobee, but ended up cutting him after he went 6 of 10 on field goals. Eventually, they settled on Chris Boswell.

Could Aguayo be their new kicker of the future? By the end of the pro day, Aguayo passed all the Steelers' tests.

With how bad the Steelers kicker situation was last year they might spend their 1st rounder on Roberto

The reaction to the Skins and old players is funny to me. Have any of you even checked the depth chart? These aren't the Vinny Cerrato run ********. Vernon Davis would be the 3rd string TE. Anquan Boldin would also be a 3rd stringer. And unlike the old days, we aren't overpayin these guys to come play.

Well said...also have to take into consideration that it came from an Eagles fan :lol: :smh:

Bruh... How you think I was a eagles fan? :lol: I was basically driving the Chip Kelly slander bus last summer.

You wish :lol:

Definitely more Cowboy and Eagles fans on this board than Midgets.

Only time the ****** fans come out is when they're winning. You and a few others like Max, Ballerific, Cruz, and one more person I'm forgetting are the only consistent ones :lol:

wait, you're one of two maybe three Cowboys fans that posts when you're losing
you guys go ghost more than anyone else :rofl:  

The lies you spew young grasshopper :smh:

Damn ****** fans :lol:

stopitslime.png
Really

You, tione and VA are the only Cowboys fans that show up when y'all lose. Y'all be deep in here from September to December though. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm a Cowboys fan as well. I just don't really show up in this thread. I still probably won't next season either. I didn't even read the discussion, I just saw the last post thing lol

The reaction to the Skins and old players is funny to me. Have any of you even checked the depth chart? These aren't the Vinny Cerrato run ********. Vernon Davis would be the 3rd string TE. Anquan Boldin would also be a 3rd stringer. And unlike the old days, we aren't overpayin these guys to come play.

Well said...also have to take into consideration that it came from an Eagles fan :lol: :smh:

Bruh... How you think I was a eagles fan? :lol: I was basically driving the Chip Kelly slander bus last summer.

:lol: I couldn't remember...went with the only trophy-less team in the division. My bad. :lol:

when your championship dvd is backordered and best buy just says we dont have it 2 weeks later :smh: should of just ordered from the nfl store |I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom