OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
poopfart****** 536 points 17 hours ago  

The Houston Texans trade for Kaepernick, sign RG3, and have JJ Watt sit in on the QB film sessions so that he can play QB too. They invent a new offense based around a 3 QB backfield where all three guys are super athletes, but can't really throw the ball. They sign Tebow as a 4th stringer. Win the next 8 Super Bowls in a row.

roll.gif

Is Washington not going to try to sign a longer deal? I just assume this was a hold until a contract was done

Smart move by the Skins.

They can extend him at any point during the season, but it's wait and see.

Kirk played REALLY well this year, but there are obviously still questions.

If he proves to be the real deal, then he'll be here long-term. If this year was nothing but a flash-in-the-pan, let him walk and then re-evaluate the QB situation next offseason.

I swear, during the season, i remember dudes only talking about coopers drops. Now he is that dude?

Drops are definitely an issue for me, but the drops he had were so simple and more a matter of tinkering than wholesale change that I am not worried about it next year. I expect Cooper will be much better holding onto the ball. His first year at Alabama I think he also had issues with maintaining ball control, but he corrected that in his second and third year.

still dissapointed by dropthomas primes playoff performance. dude didnt do much of anything :smh:

He's become kind of a disappointment...at least from where he was ranked among the WRs

Last edited:
what's the transition tag?

i know the franchise tag is an average of the top 5 salaries at the player's position
I believe average of top-10 salaries at the position. Franchise tag essentially takes Cousins off the market.

Edit: At QB, it was like a $3M+ difference between franchise and transition tags.

Last edited:
I'm so tired of hearing how Demarco isn't happy, then restructure you deal so you can be traded if you aren't happy
He was in it for the money, not for the titles or the happiness.
Eff Demarco. Eff any player who signs somewhere as a free agent who is "unhappy" within a year. YOU chose it. Deal with it.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret, pleighboi...

Most professional athletes that reach free agency will be "in it for the money". You worked very hard your entire life to get to this point. Now you're free after a career year. Damn right it's time to cash in and get paid what you think you're worth.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

There's truth to the fact that Demarco's unhappiness is partly his fault though. He made the decision to go there while having other choices.

But to keep it funky, he was also made promises that weren't kept by a micromanaging coach/GM. So the Eagles are also complicit in this mess. They committed $21M guaranteed to a guy that didn't fit the system and barely used him.

If y'all don't like how he's been handling it, I get it. There's better ways to deal with those issues. I'm just not putting it all on Spray Tan or faulting him for taking all that guap.

Last edited:
More concerning to some than Nkemdiche's inconsistent production is a December incident in which he fell from the balcony of an Atlanta hotel.

Nkemdiche suffered minor injuries in the fall, and was charged with possession of marijuana after police reportedly found the substance in Nkemdiche's room.

Nkemdiche insisted to reporters today that he was drunk but not on drugs during the time of the fall, and said he was cited with possession because "nobody wanted to take the fall" for the drugs in his hotel room.

"There were more people in my room," he said, naming potential No. 1 overall pick Laremy Tunsil as one teammate who was with him in Atlanta. "The hotel was under my name. Nobody wanted to take the fall. It had to go under my name. It just happened to play out like that."

A person close to Tunsil told the Free Press today that Tunsil was not in Nkemdiche's hotel room.

Link: http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/02/26/detroit-lions-robert-nkemdiche/81004764/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom