OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes the definition of Tweeder from Varsity Blues.

only his family has a TON of money, i bet he doesnt even care about football, its almost the equivalent to a touch tackle league to him

Hes the definition of Tweeder from Varsity Blues.

only his family has a TON of money, i bet he doesnt even care about football, its almost the equivalent to a touch tackle league to him

His family does have a ton of money, which was the basis of everyone calming the uproar over him sitting courtside at a Heat game a few years back with a Ralph Lauren Polo hat on. People thought that was him getting hooked up but then the wave came over of a bunch of media types talking about how it was the Manziel family stash.

The issue here is whether you'd want to bring him in to learn ie. to hold a clipboard and gain a familiarity with your team's offense when there's - now this is important - no expectation he's going to play. He lived life between parties essentially during a time in which he was off-and-on starting.

What's going to happen when he's a backup and he doesn't think he'll be given the keys to an offense that weekend?

A full-fledged Billy Manziel? I still have faith he could be a good QB if alcohol didn't exist or if he didn't have that pull in his life, because he is young and I really don't think competence at the QB position is an expectation at that age when you're in the NFL, and AT TIMES, he was competent. And then at times, he was erratic - but that was in addition to him showing that he could play in the league WHILE having the issues. So I don't think him on the field is an issue, and I've always felt that.

Aside from his issues with his GF, which we haven't even gotten to... and barely know the extent of because of the vagueness of police reports to the specific nature of what's going on.

Last edited:
After Cowherd got fired and Dan and Stu took his time slot, Zaslow and Joy's show got moved to 5:30-9 AM. Zaslow also does the Heat pre-and-post game coverage for 790.

Appreciate the info. Always appreciated Zaslow because he was a die hard Heat fan

What do you guys think of mike Ryan? I feel like he tries too much to be cool. I still am not sure if I like him or not. I think they could replace him with somebody more interesting.

Also, I love it when Sarah Spain is on the lebatard show. They are so afraid of her, and she is usually hilarious :lol:
I'm a big fan of Mike Ryan. I think he brings a certain element to the show that balances out all the personalities on the show. 

Agreed. The show needs Mike to keep Dan and Stu up to date with silly pop culture. He's also great at egging on the show's sudden bursts of absurdity and hilarity.

Sarah Spain on the other hand? Nah b, she's annoying and arrogant. It's so obvious that because she's a woman in a male dominated profession she feels the need to overcompensate and try to act alpha. I see right through that BS. Joy Taylor (Jason Taylor's sister) is the only woman sports radio host I like because she's just herself and doesn't try too hard. Plus she's fine AF :evil:

Last edited:
Sarah Spain on the other hand? Nah b, she's annoying and arrogant. It's so obvious that because she's a woman in a male dominated profession she feels the need to overcompensate and try to act alpha. I see right through that BS. Joy Taylor (Jason Taylor's sister) is the only woman sports radio host I like because she's just herself and doesn't try too hard. Plus she's fine AF
devil.gif
Whole paragraph is like a caricature of dude-bro internet misogyny 

These new standardized Super Bowl logos with the Lombardi Trophy in the middle are wack. Bring back the funky looking logos of the past, back when each Super Bowl logo had a unique vibe and flair to it. Roger really has taken a lot of the fun out of this league. Bring back Chad Johnson changing his name to a grammatically incorrect translation of his jersey number. Bring back Terrell Owens running all the way to midfield in Dallas and celebrating on the star. Bring back Joe Horn pulling a hidden cell phone out from under the field goal post cushion and pretending to make a call after a TD. Bring back Randy Moss fake mooning the Green Bay fans at Lambeau. The NFL was so much more entertaining before America went soft and turned hyper-PC on us.

/rant

repped

I miss when each logo and theme represented the Super Bowl host city

View media item 1894712

Sarah Spain on the other hand? Nah b, she's annoying and arrogant. It's so obvious that because she's a woman in a male dominated profession she feels the need to overcompensate and try to act alpha. I see right through that BS. Joy Taylor (Jason Taylor's sister) is the only woman sports radio host I like because she's just herself and doesn't try too hard. Plus she's fine AF :evil:
Whole paragraph is like a caricature of dude-bro internet misogyny 

View media item 1894715

Jared Allen. :nthat:

I'm so torn. I really want Peyton to win this, but I also want guys like Allen, Finnegan and Olsen to get a ring.

12's are just punks and most haven't a clue. *Fans on this board are not who I'm referring to*

Ever listen to 950?...I cannot stand **** Faine -- Mitch's sidekick. Has the most whiny and nasallly voice and it's made apparently because he's annoylingly such a biased homer. I start work really early and he has a 30 min show leading up to Mitch where it's just him and one morning he started his whining about Cam....I'll just say that he's a ***** and I turned it to Mike and Mike.
I used to love Fain, back when he was Just a fillin in guy, before he got fired and brought back. Now he's just a whiney *** cry baby. His attitude is dog****. I hate that he's utterly unwilling to admit that other players and teams are good. 
I agree with this. I only like listening Ian and Puckett
I love Ian and Puck.
I like Jim Moore in the afternoons on 710, but cannot stand Dave Wyman.

I've hardly ever been able to listen to Furness and Puckett.
Most people are just the opposite, they hate Moore. I like both of them just fine but Their show and Softy's suck *** in comparison to Sandmeyer's show that was cancelled. 
The options just aren't great, man. I'm not a Golic fan either....I miss my Sirius radio.
I don't mind Golic 
I miss Sean Salisbury
Salisbury was suck a douche. 
The LeBatard Show w/ Stu and the Right Time with Bomani Jones are great options in my opinion.
I have never listened to either, may have to try 
was that before or after he decided it was a good idea to show coworkers at ESPN pictures of his penis
LULZ

LeBatard is a straight genius IMO.

Even when the show is bad it's good.

ESPN radio is the reason I defend ESPN.

People watch First Take and think that's ESPN.
I've never disliked LeBatard but I've never seen him as a genius, like I said, perhaps it's time to give him a shot. 
Around the Horn and PTI were great...back when I was in HS (early 00's). Cold Pizza was an interesting concept, but staled quickly. SC hasn't been great since the 90's...I agree with ESPN radio still being pretty good, but other than live games, ESPN is a crock.
^^^^^^^ THIS
I'm a Miami guy so I've been on Dan & Stu since before ESPN picked them up. Up until Bomani got his show they were the only ones I could listen to on ESPN radio. Russilo and Kanell are bearable but everyone else is way too gasbaggy and self-important.
agreed
Valid points, but some out of context. It's more the ignorant than the racist...Somwhere in the middle.

Cam is polarizing and Seattle is a microcosm, but maybe not the same you'd see in Texas or Carolina or wherever...I see lots of love for Cam and see equally the amount disdain. Overall it falls somewhere in the middle. I think a lot gets exagerrated, but I don't say that because I think the points and truths that aren't exagerrated, need to be exposed. It's an interesting paradigm.

I'd love to see the Panthers and Cam get this and want to see Cam do what he does (ball out, show out, hustle, superman, first down celebrations, dapping) all the way through to the confetti...I do want Peyton to win another though. Hope it's a good one. Not a bad season to be true football fan.
See, I've always hated Peyton, not for any reason, just since the day he hit the league, I've hated everything about him. Now that he's a Bronco it's even worse. As a lifelong Seahawks fan I can't ignore 24 years of the AFC rivalry. I have never and will never root for Denver. 

**And, yes, I'm fully aware of my hypocrisy**

I wish Russel Wilson talked more like Cam
Amen. 
Dan Patrick is better than anything ESPN has.

But Bob Kemp >>>> Anybody. Dude was advanced metrics like in the 90's during the overnight show. He was drab, but smart as hell and no nonsense, no TMZ, just straight info.
Who is Bob Kemp? 
Everytime I listen to Dan Patrick, he goes off on tangents about the unattainable women in his life. When I want sports, I want sports. He always books top notch guests though.
This is the crux of the DP issue. He's reached a point that he can do whatever he likes, so sometimes his shows are really effing dumb and weird but also, sometimes they are unbelievable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom