OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Dallas comes to town now.

And as uninspired as the Mavs have been playing, ya'll really think the Little General is gonna have his boys lose to THIS Knick team?

No chance. It might get really ugly......

dallas is going to stomp a mudhole in our ......

it won't be pretty. i don't understand it. this team is incapable of playing defense.

This dude Zeke talking about loving the team and showing them support with positive words.
laugh.gif

The only joy I get out of this is watching Zeke do pretty much the same thing LB did and fail the same way LB failed.

oogly

Also here's more evidence that Thomas should be fired, since all the evidence that's already been put out hasn't led to anything:

The Kings are doing better than the Knicks. No matter how one-dimensional most of the Knicks are, they are still infinitely more talented than the Kings. Sowhat's wrong then? It can only be the coach! Just thought of this.

No rant today.

All i gotta say today is that there is NO WAY Isiah should ever coach the Knicks. if he stays for our next game SMH.

And also Curry sucks and is THE worst player on our team. (This includes Jerome James)

On another note: Isiah is a *$#+@*+ tard. Nate comes out and brings offensive talent and hustle every time he steps on the court. He goes hard no matter what.Most times he was the only one out there sprinting and had 25 points in the 4th quater alone (pretty much cause he was the only one out there still giving100%). The same thing was in the Boston game, he was the only dude trying late i the game. and how does Isiah reward this? By punishing im. although Isiahfeels no need in punishing guys that deserve it like Curry, etc. He blames Nate for a 50 point loss where Nate actually tried. SMH. He did the same thing withMarbury earlier in the season.

No way Nate deserved to be in the doghouse. And also once again Curry sucks, get him off the team (i will not keep my standards as high as Artest anymore. iwould trade curry for a bag of chips at this point) Pretty much Curry=Frye. Shoulda dealt him like i said we should before the season started. Cause i KNEwthat this would be the Channing Frye mistake all over again. Hopfully we can get some good value from him, cause fact is teams still see offenive value in himand hes still young. and a young center is not very abundant in this league. But as long as hes off the Knicks imstraight.

Avy in check.

There's nothing more that can be said really. How much longer can the Knicks have us waiting to turn things around? When is it too late to have hope forthis season? We're about 20 games into the season.

This IS the identity of the team.
This IS the identity of the so-called "coach."
This IS the tragedy that has become New York sports in recent years.

NY taking L's left and right, from sports to music, !**# is horrible. Its funny how the Knicks have led me to ponder the short-comings of NY. I guess sincethis is a sinking ship, with almost no hope in sight, why bother question them anymore. I honestly don't know where I stand with the squad in terms of thsthing called "hope." They are still, and will always be my squad though.

So how 'bout them Yank......ees?
tired.gif

i am mad at dolan.

LATEST DISGRACE MEANS LAST PLACE
AND DOLAN DEFENDS COACH CATASTROPHE AFTER HIDEOUS LOSS!
By MARC BERMAN

December 9, 2007 -- After thunderous boos and several more "Fire Isiah" chants rang in owner James Dolan's ears last night at the Garden, the Knick owner reassured coach Isiah Thomas during a 20-minute postgame meeting that his job is safe, a high-ranking team official told The Post last night.

The Knicks disgraced the Garden floor with their 105-77 slopfest loss to the anemic Sixers to fall into the Atlantic Division basement, but the despicable 28-point loss to the Sixers won't cost Teflon Thomas his job any time soon.

Dolan, making his first appearance after missing three straight home games, told Thomas not to worry about his job, according to the official. Garden president Steve Mills also attended the postgame meeting.

Dolan told Thomas he still has as much confidence in him as he did with Ranger GM Glen Sather during that club's seven-year playoff drought.

Dolan's private vote of confidence comes after horrifying back-to-back losses to the Sixers that rival the humiliation of The Boston Massacre.

Dolan is not being swayed by the chants, the official said. Dolan still hasn't spoken to the media since last March, when he gave Thomas a four-year contract extension.

The Knicks turned over the ball 18 times in the loss. They are 6-13, with the second-worst record in the East.

Dolan was back in his regular baseline seat by the Knicks' bench but was noticeably late returning to his seat for the second half while the Sixers were ringing up the rout.

"Losing to Philly back to back, with the owner sitting right there," said Eddy Curry, "it's been a while since I felt like this."

Incredibly, none of the five starters hit double figures. Curry, Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury shared honors as top-scoring starters with 6 points each. Disgusting. Crawford had more turnovers (seven) than points.

Zach Randolph, yanked two minutes into the third quarter, never returned and looked to be fuming as he walked to the bench.

Randolph and Curry, their foundation, combined for six shots and eight points, both players completing alarming back-to-back showings on both ends of the court.

Randolph scored two points and had just two rebounds in 14 awful minutes, and Curry again was outplayed by Sixers center Samuel Dalembert and does not appear to be hustling back on defense.

With their franchise Center, Curry, regressing by the day, Dolan is showing remarkable patience in not reevaluating matters. If a firing is not in order, a trade is.

The organization appeared to try to drown out the first few "Fire Isiah" chants in the third quarter by playing drumbeats over the P.A. during possessions. During timeouts, music blared louder than usual to drown out the boos.

Teflon Thomas looked concerned on the sidelines, with pursed lips, but definitely seemed more upbeat in his postgame press conference after learning he is safe.

Sixer GM Billy King was fired earlier this week and the Knicks look worse off the Sixers. But Thomas has his owner still believing, which is unbelievable.

Marbury, in his first home game since his father died Sunday, covered his head completely in a towel on the bench after a 1-of-5, six-point outing and looked like he was ready to cry. He declined to speak afterward.

Thomas said no starting-lineup changes will occur, saying he needs to build up their shattered psyche.

"Players hear so much negativity, I think it's important for me and the coaching staff to give them some positive words," Thomas said.

"To go in and beat the players and kick them, that's not what coaching is all about now. It's about getting their confidence back, getting them feeling good about themselves."

The Sixers' players were jumping up and down on the bench, laughing, hugging as the carnage continued with rookie Jason Smith's early fourth-quarter dunk off a behind-the-pass feed. With 9:19 left, the loudest "Fire Isiah" chant came pouring out of the stands.

The frustration was not just in the stands. In the third quarter, David Lee committed a dangerous flagrant foul on Louis Williams, bashing him with a forearm to the chest and face while Williams was in midair.

In the final minutes, Nate Robinson was flagged with a technical foul for grabbing Smith's jersey and trying to go at him.

Marbury was not booed during intros for the first time since the West Coast controversy. A moment of silence was held for the late Donald Marbury, Stephon's dad. ... Dolan missed the funeral because of a board meeting but spoke to Marbury before the service to offer him condolences.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]SenorRoboto2k5[/color]

oogly

Also here's more evidence that Thomas should be fired, since all the evidence that's already been put out hasn't led to anything:

The Kings are doing better than the Knicks. No matter how one-dimensional most of the Knicks are, they are still infinitely more talented than the Kings. So what's wrong then? It can only be the coach! Just thought of this.
so if Isiah was replaced as coach and everything else stayed the same it would be all well and good? He is a problem, but not the onlyproblem.....If Larry Bird ever leaves the Pacers that's who the Knicks should get......

Benching During Blowout Bothers Randolph

December 10, 2007 - 7:51 am
Randolph_Zach_nyk.jpg
Newsday -
Not liking what he was seeing from his prized offseason acquisition, Knicks' Coach Isiah Thomas yanked Zach Randolph from the lineup early in the second half of Saturday night's embarrassing 105-77 loss to the 76ers at Madison Square Garden.

Randolph fully expected to check back in. He never did. The seventh-year pro was glued to the bench for the rest of the second half, watching the calamity from the sideline.

"I wanted to play," Randolph said after practice at the MSG Training Center yesterday. "I want to be out there every minute. I want to play. Whatever I can do to go out and help the team. I don't like sitting on the bench."

Randolph, who'll look to get back on track tonight when the Knicks (6-13) host the Dallas Mavericks (13-
glasses.gif
in the second game of a three-game homestand, wasn't exactly thrilled with getting pulled. He wanted to be out on the floor to work himself out of his funk.

Rose To Isiah: Keep Me Inactive

December 10, 2007 - 5:37 am
Rose_Malik_nyk.jpg
New York Post -
Malik Rose has asked Isiah Thomas to keep him on the inactive list while requesting the club look to deal him if playing him is not in its plans.

Thomas is using the Knicks' open active roster spot to showcase rookie Wilson Chandler, who played the fourth quarter Saturday.

Rose was inactive for the first time Saturday, with Chandler dressing and playing just over two minutes in the 105-77 loss to the Sixers. Rose said Thomas thought it was a good idea that he sit because he'd like to have Chandler active as well.

Rose believes he can better stay in shape by being inactive rather than sitting on the bench, waiting to get a call if there's foul trouble. If Rose knows he's inactive, he can do his full complement of weightlifting and workouts as he tries to stay in shape in case he is traded, or there's an injury.

"It's hard on game days to work out," Rose said. "I told (Thomas) if he's not going to play me, put me on the injured list and I could get more work done on game day. I just want to play. Be it here or anywhere."

Rose would not specifically say if he demanded a trade, but he's been visibly emotional after losses.
Crawford: Knicks Don't Play Hard Every Night

December 10, 2007 - 4:40 am
Crawford_Jamal_nyk.jpg
New York Post -
In a damning remark, Jamal Crawford yesterday said the team doesn't play hard every night. Crawford, becoming a vocal leader, could have been calling out a disinterested Curry.

"A lot of it is just effort," Crawford said. "When you compete you always give yourself a chance to win. Some nights we compete harder than others. We got to get better than that. It's something we shouldn't be talking about."

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

history repeats itself. Dolan is a invalid. i'm close to just paying attention to the Hornets and Suns. These guys are bums. to me, it's really amatter of how they're gonna lose the next game. the loses to the 76ers (goddamnit) are unacceptable.

if it was made of chocolate, he would probably eat it.

if son doesn't have the ball, he is USELESS. get a rebound kid.

not if Nate gets burn. Nate, for all the hate he gets, is prolly the only guard besides Fred Jones who can either stay in front of his man or play committed D.

that's easy to call. how about diop going for a career high. you KNOW our bigs can't guard anybody.....but neither can crawford.......you may be on tosomething here woodside....maybe they both go for career highs.

wouldn't even be surprised if this dude stack goes for a career high tonight LOL. speaking of dallas who remembers that game we had against them some yearsback when marbury first arrived. he got the inbound steal and gets it to h20 bang! i was mad hype for that season with our supposed big 3 of marbury, houston,and crawford
roll.gif

Dolan told Thomas he still has as much confidence in him as he did with Ranger GM Glen Sather during that club's seven-year playoff drought.

I'm at the point where I think the only reason Isiah has a job and is praised after a 6-14 record and after blowouts....is the fact that Marbury has somedirt on Isiah, and Isiah has some dirt on Dolan.

Thomas and Dolan are prolly gay together.

marbury, houston, and crawford
eyes.gif
was that where he was the projected starting SF?
grin.gif

and i've had enough. trade Eddy. duke is SOFT. i'm not talking about the arm to face. dude is just SOFT.

whats the deal with eddy curry ? i dont see knick games, i only see the box scores

is he really that bad ?

Back
Top Bottom