OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

We stand by the team through all of these countless heartbreaks and you draft a player based on the fact that your new coach played with his father in Italy?....Crazyness.

they definitely did not pick him because D'Antoni played with his father.

DEFINITELY NOT !!!

Yeah...its just a random coincidence that we have a new Italian coach and we draft an Italian player who is the son of his former teammate....purecoincidence.

laugh.gif
THEGR8 is writing his dissertation right now.

I can only imagine the Daily News tomorrow.

We stand by the team through all of these countless heartbreaks and you draft a player based on the fact that your new coach played with his father in Italy?....Crazyness.

DEFINITELY NOT !!!

Yeah...its just a random coincidence that we have a new Italian coach and we draft an Italian player who is the son of his former teammate....pure coincidence.

i'm sure it helped...but it couldnt be the only reason...its not like we drafted rocco gallinari the son of a former d'antoni teammate with downsyndrome who has never played basketball in his life

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

DEFINITELY NOT !!!

Yeah...its just a random coincidence that we have a new Italian coach and we draft an Italian player who is the son of his former teammate....pure coincidence.

i'm sure it helped...but it couldnt be the only reason...its not like we drafted rocco gallinari the son of a former d'antoni teammate with down syndrome who has never played basketball in his life

Might as well....they are going to be equally hlepful to us winning a championship.

Seriously....if this kid turns out to be a solid 8th man..i'd be surprised....By all account he does not possess the athelticism to guard NBA players. Hestoo slow on his feet and too relaint on his hand when defending Italian players....what are the Boozers, Butlers and Boshs of this league going to dohim....that fact alone will significantly limit his development.

This was a waste of a pick and a huge setback.

It really doesn't make any kind of sense. I think the entire league is getting too keen on these European players. And all of this can be attributed inpart to the pussification of the league by Stern and b.s. officiating regulations. And we have today, rather yesterday, the Knick franchise buying into thehype (again).

##*+ all these pretty players man, @+%! won't work around here. I need to see some real basketball. I need to see some grit, and a %#+#$#* attitudeproblem. @+%!, I ain't even making any sense right now, but I'm more in tune with what this team needs that our 6th pick.

the only person on our team right now who can play anything that resembles defense is balkman...i dont think his ability to shut anyone down played a role inus drafting gallinari

the only person on our team right now who can play anything that resembles defense is balkman...i dont think his ability to shut anyone down played a role in us drafting gallinari

Soooo....if your team is lacking defense so much (particularly shot-blocking)...how in the hell can you defend this pick....especially with a 7 footer witha ton of talent and trade potential left on the board.

What exactly about this pick screamed NY Knicks...what does he present that our team needed?

After thinking things through, we wont suck for another 15 years.....we will suck for another 5-6 years. Eventually we will get cap space, and pick someone up.

the only person on our team right now who can play anything that resembles defense is balkman...i dont think his ability to shut anyone down played a role in us drafting gallinari

Soooo....if your team is lacking defense so much (particularly shot-blocking)...how in the hell can you defend this pick....especially with a 7 footer with a ton of talent and trade potential left on the board.

What exactly about this pick screamed NY Knicks...what does he present that our team needed?

I was never sold on Lopez....dude looks doofey.

After hearing all you crybabys and anti-euro at all cost dudes in here *****ing about how he's the worst pick ever, you no longer root for theKnicks....GOOD. Be gone, good riddance, ya'll are the ones trying to set this kid up to fail. Enough of all the doomsayer this, complain about that.Let's pick up our panties and get ready for the rebuilding to begin.

Seriously though, some of this Euro player hatred is just sounding real stupid right now. You really want me to break down a list of the hundreds of Americanborn players that have been absolute jokes in the league? Stop hating on this cat just because he's from Italy, its unbecoming of citizens of New York, andfans of the always proud NY Knicks.

You all get a
smh.gif
from me. And whatever, keep bashing this kid, the Knicks, me, D'Antoni, I really don't mind at this point. Go cheer for the Nets orsomething, maybe wait until they are in BK if they ever make it with Jay-Z and Lebron. I'll be chillin in my Knick blue and orange waiting on thatchampionship. I'm keeping the faith and seeing the best in this situation.

The Knicks have been the worst run Franchise in ALL OF SPORTS for close to a decade now. They have been the absolute laughing stock of Athletics in general.You guys thought this draft, and picking Jamal Crawford 2.0 (Bayless) was gonna be the great move that all you folks would be so thrilled with? It will beawhile before we are even decent again. I'm giving the Knicks a 3-5 year window of ZERO expectations to turn the ship around and at least becomerespectable again. I suggest you true fans do the same, and admit how effed up the situation has been, and will continue to be for a while.

Just a quick reminder of some of the ballers boo'd at recent drafts. Dwayne Wade, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Deron Williams, Al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum,David Lee (dude was hated on by Knick fans at the draft) and Brandon Roy. Guy named Dirk Nowitzki was also boo'd when he got picked. Theres plenty morepeople who were boo'd and doubted on draft day, but ended up being great players despite their unpopularity at first. Maybe we should keep that in mind andgive this kid a legit chance.

GO NEW YORK! GO NEW YORK! GO!

[h1]Danilo Isn't Phased By Boos At WaMuhttp://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53226/20080626/danilo_isnt_phased_by_boos_at_wamu/[/h1]

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53226/20080626/danilo_isnt_phased_by_boos_at_wamu/
Jun 26, 2008 9:47 PM EST

Danilo Gallinari heard a hearty round of boos when the New York Knicks selected him with the No. 6 pick, but he isn't phased by any of it.

"It's a part of the game; all the players has got to hear this," Gallinari said of the boos. "It's not every time that you hear good things. So it's normal here."

He answered similarly when asked whether he felt it was unfair for New Yorkers to boo him when they don't know his game that well.

"No, I feel normal and comfortable with that. I have got no problem, and it's my work to prove everybody that I am a good player. So that's everything on me."

laugh.gif

I'm not happy with the pick, but it's all we have though. So good luck to the kid, it does no use to boo/hate him before he's had a chance to evenshow anything.

It's not like he's Eddy Curry where he doesn't even try, we haven't seen anything to boo.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

After hearing all you crybabys and anti-euro at all cost dudes in here *****ing about how he's the worst pick ever, you no longer root for the Knicks....GOOD. Be gone, good riddance, ya'll are the ones trying to set this kid up to fail. Enough of all the doomsayer this, complain about that. Let's pick up our panties and get ready for the rebuilding to begin.

Seriously though, some of this Euro player hatred is just sounding real stupid right now. You really want me to break down a list of the hundreds of American born players that have been absolute jokes in the league? Stop hating on this cat just because he's from Italy, its unbecoming of citizens of New York, and fans of the always proud NY Knicks.

You all get a
smh.gif
from me. And whatever, keep bashing this kid, the Knicks, me, D'Antoni, I really don't mind at this point. Go cheer for the Nets or something, maybe wait until they are in BK if they ever make it with Jay-Z and Lebron. I'll be chillin in my Knick blue and orange waiting on that championship. I'm keeping the faith and seeing the best in this situation.

The Knicks have been the worst run Franchise in ALL OF SPORTS for close to a decade now. They have been the absolute laughing stock of Athletics in general. You guys thought this draft, and picking Jamal Crawford 2.0 (Bayless) was gonna be the great move that all you folks would be so thrilled with? It will be awhile before we are even decent again. I'm giving the Knicks a 3-5 year window of ZERO expectations to turn the ship around and at least become respectable again. I suggest you true fans do the same, and admit how effed up the situation has been, and will continue to be for a while.

Just a quick reminder of some of the ballers boo'd at recent drafts. Dwayne Wade, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Deron Williams, Al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum, David Lee (dude was hated on by Knick fans at the draft) and Brandon Roy. Guy named Dirk Nowitzki was also boo'd when he got picked. Theres plenty more people who were boo'd and doubted on draft day, but ended up being great players despite their unpopularity at first. Maybe we should keep that in mind and give this kid a legit chance.

GO NEW YORK! GO NEW YORK! GO!

laugh.gif

Writing something you believe is better than wasting bandwidth to just co-sign another person's emoticon though playboy.

I won't hate on the kid. I thought the Knicks would have been better by picking up Bayless or even trading down and getting Augustin, but whatever. Hecould be a great player, or he could bust. The Knicks still have to make a lot of moves this offseason and in the future so I'll give the kid a chance.

Like I said, he wasn't my first choice, but who knows... here's to the best.

Mayo heads to Memphis, Love to Minnesota

By Chad Forde
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: June 27, 2008, 12:39 AM ET
Comment
Email
Print

The Minnesota Timberwolves aren't holding onto O.J. Mayo for long.

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves have reached an agreement in principle with the Memphis Grizzlies that will send the draft rights of Mayo,Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies in return for the draft rights to Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

More salt in the wound...

^I'd love Conley for Lee if they would take that, but I think he is the least likely to be moved out of all their PGs. But Conley would be good money withthis Knicks squad.

Walsh is taking an L on this one....Mayo wants to play in NY.....Memphis was willing to trade their pick and Minnesota was hell bent on getting Love.....Ithought he was going to trade up for the 5th pick?

Back
Top Bottom