OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

i see no logic in the knicks drafting a 3.

wilson chandler is more than suffice. and q-rich will def. flourish next season under d'antoni.

only 3 they should draft is Randolph...and even he's versatile/rangy enough to play the 4 if needed.

yes, i'm intrigued NH

Originally Posted by petermans

if the knicks pick up the italian...i truly am done with this team

im with you on that. But i dont really think we are targeting him so much as people believe with #6. I really think Walsh is smarter than that and he knowshe would be the wrong pick for this team at this time. Plus Walsh likes D and wants a PG. i really think all this talk is coming from the media because theDanilo wants to play here and D'Antoni and his pops are tight. I have trust in Walsh at this moment, i feel he will make the right move whether we draftsomebody or if we make a blockbuster move. I think Walsh is going to have alot of situations to choose from whether to move up and get Beasley/Mayo or keep thepick and take the best player available or trade down and shed some cap or trade the pick and get a star. But i feel that he will choose the option that isbest for this team.
and q-rich will def. flourish next season under d'antoni.
i dont buy into that. i dont think its the syste with Q. Q lost his most of his athletic ability cause of his back and will never be the sameplayer as he was in LA and he wont even be the same shooter like he was in Phoenix because of further surgery on his elbow. Qs shot is long gone, he is overthe hill, i like him but he has been too hurt to come back as he was before.

yeah but anyway i agree all these mockdrafts are *%%#@$! ******ed and the only one with any credibility is nbadraft.net. If we keep the pick i say wedefinitleyy draft a pont because we need that spot and that is the position with the most talent right now. I like Westbrook alot but DJ is definitley movingup my list right now. NBADRAFT.net as well as other sources now say seattle will take lopez at #3 which leaves us with a choice of Bayless, Westbrook, orAugustine. No chance in hell will we pass up on all of them to take Danillo... but there will be more trades and the Knicks will play a huge part in the tradetalks.

also something that i found interesting was this quote off an article from nbadraft.net...

Donnie Walsh's eyes widened when talk of Thursday's NBA draft moved to talk of some of the surprising veteran names that have been mentioned in trade conversations.

"I'm not going to say who it is, but I heard it today, I was like, 'No, there's no way,'" Walsh said. When his scouts confirmed the star player in mention was being offered around, Walsh replied, "You're kidding me."

Walsh said he hadn't made any calls on it as of yet, but added, "When I leave here, I will check it out."

Many top names have been whispered recently, from Carmelo Anthony, Lamar Odom and Michael Redd to Baron Davis and T.J. Ford. The biggest name surfacing in trade scenarios is Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade, but another available Heat player could be forward Shawn Marion, who just picked up his $17.8-million option for next season
nerd.gif

why do i keep hearing the italians name resurface nowwwww, i really think they are taking the italian nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm not as anti-Italian guy as all of you. Basically I lost my "hope" for this draft being a franchise saving one when we lost out on a top 3pick. Since then, I have decided no one we get will truly turn this franchise around, so it's whatever at this point.

While I would prefer a guy like Bayless or Westbrook to Danilo, if we draft him then I just hope he turns into a decent player, and I keep looking to thefuture.

Seriously, outside of the 3 "can't miss" players in this draft, maybe some will turn out to be really good but to me it's pretty much a rollof the dice. So whoever we get I will root for and just pray that we can get under the cap by 2010/2011.

i dont give a $$#% how many times this dudes pops made love to d'antoni out in venice

donnie aint pickin the italian, simple as that

knicks better find some info to defame OJ mayo and expose it as "anonymous sources" so that his stock can drop so that they can pick him up...

haha thats a long shot of that all happening within 24 hours...

So for you knicks fans who read Eddy is playin summer ball in Vegas let's not blow that out of context saying "Eddy wants to prove he's motivatedand gonna work hard."

Our 11-12 million dollar man a year is going to prove to us that he is in shape and going to dominate against who? Keith Closs and Mohammad muthaeffin Sene?That %%% is wizeak son.
Is it cruel to hope one hot humid summer day in Vegas the extra cheeseburgers catch up to him and he gets heat stroke?

I don't think it's the competition that matters. I just like the fact that his fat @$! will be making half an effort.

Although he's probably being forced. And I still want this guy the hell out of here ASAP.

I'm still unsure who I want, of course if there's anyway to get Mayo I am behind it because I definitely want Mayo.

The name of the game I think is still to shed contracts and clear cap space, so if we can accomplish that while still drafting a talented player, thenthat's what I want. I'm not 100% sold on anyone besides Mayo, but Bayless, Westbrook, or DJ could all be great players, or they could end up just beingan average player in the league.

What I do know, is if they pick the Italian or anyone besides the players I mentioned, then I'm disappointed. I'm not completely against him, but Ithink it wouldn't be a good fit right now, and they need a point guard who can lead this team with D'Antoni's offense.

I guess I'll just try to remain hopeful, but like I said... shed bad contracts, clear cap space, and hope that whoever we pick develops. Or just get OJ

i'm glad the last day of school is today, take my mind off of this $#*%

i hope that when i get home our team is rid of all of its ills

or just zach is good enough

Give up on Steph and Q guys...

They're older now, and injured...they're just done...out with the old, in with the new.

And I'm pretty confident we're taking Jerryd Bayless.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

They're older now, and injured...they're just done...out with the old, in with the new.

When thinking about the Knicks' upcoming season, Marbury hasn't crossed my mind once.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by Al3xis

When thinking about the Knicks' upcoming season, Marbury hasn't crossed my mind once.

the only thing i look forward to about steph is his 20+ mill comin off the books

what is this nonsense that I heard while I was waiting online for the draft tickets? Someone was reading off his blackberry that the NY Times is reporting thatthe Knicks are activately shopping David Lee and the number 6 for Portland's two first round picks and some guards.....That's a terrible trade
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'll be at the draft chanting Fire Donnie if this goes down
tired.gif

The Knicks would send the No. 6 pick, forward David Lee and another player to the Trail Blazers for the 13th and 27th picks and a player, possiblySteve Blake or Jarrett Jack. (Portland is acquiring the 27th pick from New Orleans.)

^ How is that a bad trade? That is perhaps the last chance to get Mayo (there is a slim chance he will last to the 4th pick). Then with the 24th pick theycould take a big guy who may be a bit of a project, but who would eventually try to take Lee's place. It does of course depend on the contracts of theguards we take back though...

I like Lee as much as the next Knicks fan, but he is not going to help lead this franchise to the promised land. His value is sky high, so I say capitalize.Chances are we wouldn't want to sign him for what he'll ask for after this season anyway. He is a nice role player, but he is nothing that special(great team/character guy, but thats his only standout aspect). If we can use him to get Mayo I say do it.

NYK nevermind then that trade is garbage. I could have sworn when I read it the first time it said with SEATTLE for their 2 1st round picks. Which meant wewould move UP to #4 and also get the 24th pick.

That trade with Portland is not something I would want to happen. It could be saved SLIGHTLY if DJ would last to 13 though. Even so though, I'm not reallya fan of that potential move by the Knicks.

Sonics trade to the Clippers. That means either Bayless to the Clippers or Knicks. Depending on what the T'wolves do I assume.

is there a source for that? that pretty much guarantees mayo will not be a knick unless we swing something for minnys #3

Back
Top Bottom