OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

The Billion Dollar Athlete...
lebknickscopyoe9.jpg

tongue.gif

Oh and i foresee OJ or Jerryd Bayless going to the Knicks...

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

<<<< avy check
pimp.gif

this will be my avy till lottery is over for good luck

fiyahhhh
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i dont know how i will be able to handle myself on Tuesday. its like our whole future is determined in minutes. I mean our name get said at 5 or than 2 or1. Its just too little time for such a moment that determines our entire future. I will be BUGGIN.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

<<<< avy check
pimp.gif

this will be my avy till lottery is over for good luck

fiyahhhh
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i dont know how i will be able to handle myself on Tuesday. its like our whole future is determined in minutes. I mean our name get said at 5 or than 2 or 1. Its just too little time for such a moment that determines our entire future. I will be BUGGIN.

word
laugh.gif
, i can imagine them calling our name at #1 and the whole city of ny getting off our couches and doing

1zxnlab.gif

e8tyld.gif

^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah you know what i mean, just so little time for such a moment. I mean ourwhole future depends on whether one guy says our name at 5 or 1.

and btw Lebron NEEDS to be a Knick. He needs to get his *$@ out of Cleveland because they @%#!%%% suck and we need to build a winner around him in NY.
pimp.gif

I mean he has shown he comes up when it matters, he played huge today in Game 7, and he single handidly beat Detroit, for those of you who said you dont wantLebron i dont know what yall tlking about. He has the perfect game, he is a huge guy who can play from the 1-4 spots, he wants the ball and is a great scorerwho plays big when it matters, but he is unselfish, and also as an added bonus althiugh it oesnt really matter with his game, he has the charisma to be in NY.And he carries that "NY swag"
smokin.gif
just too bad he couldnt beatthe Celtics today
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

another plus about getting Rose wou;d be that i dont know how Lebron could turn down the Knicks. If we are a team in NY with a franchise PG i dont care howtight Lebron is with Jay-Z or anybody, hes coming to the Knicks. If we offer him his # and if we have Rose (and he is supposedly tight with D'Antoni) he isa shoein for us in '10.

[h1]ROSE-Y OUTLOOK[/h1] [h2]KNICKS EYEING MEMPHIS GUARD[/h2]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
[img]http://www.nypost.com/seven/05182008/photos/sports083a.jpg[/img]

Click image to enlarge.

May 18, 2008 --

Mike D'Antoni always is smiling, even when carping at referees. That smile will be pasted on all summer if the Knicks win the lottery Tuesday and assurethemselves of selecting point guard extraordinaire Derrick Rose.

It's looking like a two-man draft - Rose and rugged power forward Michael Beasley - but D'Antoni is taking a low-key approach regarding theselection.

"I don't want to lay all my eggs in one basket," D'Antoni told The Post. "But it's important. It can jumpstart us."

D'Antoni will preside on the Secaucus dais Tuesday night at 8 p.m. when the fifth-seeded Knicks find out where they select in the June 26 draft. This ishuge, because the free-agency period may be quiet because Donnie Walsh will not offer a long-term mid-level contract and is looking toward clearing cap spacefor 2010 when LeBron James becomes a free agent.

"They have more at stake in the lottery than any team in the past five-to-seven drafts," said George Rodecker, draft editor of Basketball Times."If they jump to 1 or 2, they can sell these next two seasons."

At the No. 5 hole, the Knicks have a 7.6 percent chance of moving into the top spot and a 16 percent chance of moving into the top two. Last year, Portlandmoved up from five to No. 1 and selected Greg Oden.

Rose and Beasley are likely to be the first two picks, and there's debate on the order, depending on a team's need. Rodecker calls Beasley "afreak of nature." But with D'Antoni bringing in his "Seven Seconds or Less" breakneck offense, he has told confidants Rose could theKnicks' Steve Nash.

"He'd fit well, he's a tremendous athlete, an open-court point guard," an NBA scout said. "The way Mike likes to play, there'llbe a lot of open court."

Nevertheless, one Western conference scout believes Beasley should be the first pick.

"I wouldn't pass on Beasley," the scout said. "He'll be in the Hall of Fame one day. I'd take Beasley and put him with StephonMarbury instead of putting Rose in place of Marbury. When he's playing with the light on, Marbury could play another three, four years. (Eddy) Curry and(Zach) Randolph are their biggest problems."

[h1]Mike D'Antoni tosses around different mixes to get Knicks up to speed[/h1]
Saturday, May 17th 2008, 9:10 PM

amd_mikedantoni.jpg
Martinez/Getty
Now that Mike D'Antoni holds the key to the machine, some Knicks could be sent packing.

Garden favorites or not, more than a few Knicks' days are probably numbered. When the Suns had a chance to draft David Lee in 2005, Mike D'Antoniopposed it, citing Lee's lack of offensive skills.

Lee hasn't developed much of a game since, and hustle and rebounding only go so far for the Knicks' new coach. In Phoenix, he wanted his big men tobe scoring threats from all over the court, and that probably won't change. So that doesn't bode well for Renaldo Balkman or Randolph Morris,either.

Despite his status with fans, Lee has limited range and trouble getting his shot off in traffic. When it comes to another member of the 2005 draft,D'Antoni is much higher on Nate Robinson, whom the Suns drafted and immediately packaged with Quentin Richardson for Kurt Thomas.

"Mike doesn't like guys like Lee who can't shoot," a D'Antoni confidant said. "He saw him as a non-scoring power forward when hecame out of Florida. But that's why a guy like Jamal Crawford is going to be around. He will thrive in Mike's system. And he likes Nate a lot, too.Mike likes guys who can make plays from anywhere on the court."

Even Zach Randolph will have to diversify his game. In this case, "diversify" doesn't mean shooting more, as "Zebo" probably thinks.He'll have to do more than just catch, hold, dribble, hold, hold some more, and then shoot. Eddy Curry? Who knows what he'll have to do to play inD'Antoni's system - other than the obvious fact that he will have to get into the best shape of his life. Jerome James is a candidate for a buyout orto be packaged in a deal in which the Knicks trade Lee and require the other team to take James, too. On second thought, no one can be that desperate.

Sources close to the process say that Knight -- widely expected to be fired after the Hawks were eliminated from the playoffs -- actually had theopportunity to stay with the Hawks on a one-year contract. But Knight elected to step down effective July 1 and is believed to be a candidate in New York towork alongside new Knicks president Donnie Walsh.
[/quote

Originally Posted by Goodfellaz86

Sources close to the process say that Knight -- widely expected to be fired after the Hawks were eliminated from the playoffs -- actually had the opportunity to stay with the Hawks on a one-year contract. But Knight elected to step down effective July 1 and is believed to be a candidate in New York to work alongside new Knicks president Donnie Walsh.
[/quote

grin.gif
ehhhh ...we don't need anymore stupid GM's ...especiallyafter going through one stupid draft pick by Ed Tapscott then Layden and Isiah

Im so anxious its unbelievable...like D'antoni said...you dont really want to "put all your eggs in one basket" but Good Lord tomorrow nightseriously could affect our franchise for the next 5-10 years...

...please God...1 or 2...please...

i like beasley better, but i think we should look at worst case scenarios for the draft, if we do get a 1 or 2 pick there is not much to think about.

too much talk about rose or beasley honestly, who else could be good for us?

Back
Top Bottom