OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Why would you keep Jamal...dude is our best scorer on a terrible team. He has the worst shot selection, and shoots more 3's than FT attempts. I would getrid of him in an instant if the offer was right, but he is our best scorer, so we just cant let him go right now.

And why would you give up Nate, Chandler, Balkman?? Those guys are basically our energy guys.

The Knicks just need to get rid of...

1. Eddy Curry
2. Zach Randolph
3. Jerome James
4. Jarred Jefferies
5. Quentin Richardson
6. Stephan Marbury

Yes, all in order too.
laugh.gif

^yo some of you guys are think WAY TOO ahead..I'm telling ya'll...he wont play for the Knicks.

It's going to be the Nets.

I never said anything about getting rid of nate, balkman, lee
happy.gif

i just like it better when they come off the bench.

Francis

Although Nate will never be a star in this league, he is a solid back-up and brings ton's of energy to the team. He averaged 12.7 ppg and 2.9 assist pergame.

The PPG is great for someone his size, but he need to distribute the ball better. 2.9 just wont cut it if he wants to be a solid PG back-up.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. David Lee won't be a prolific scorer in this league, his game isn't built for that that. But hebrings energy, and gives us tons of possessions. I can't ever see him averaging 20ppg in a season. That'll only happen if D'Antoni gets us to avg110ppg.

Mind you his stats are 10.8PPg and 8.9RPG and 29.1MPG. Give him another 5 and maybe you can see him averaging 12PPG andanother rebound or two.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

^^I'm with you on that one Tommykairra. I wouldnt hate it if he was here, but I rather have another top tier player than him.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Lebron>>>>>all. i dont know who else you could possiblywant. He has the best all around skills and i think he has a great attitude.
and whoever thinks Curry is anything part of this teams future s ridiculous.That bum better not even bring his fat !*# back next season, dude is the biggest piece of trash in the NBA. I would literally take any other center you couldthrow at me over him. He is terrible and he can never be good in any system especially D'Antoni and he is THE softest man alive.

^ I think Z-Bo's presence hurts Curry a lot. Remember that season he played well? He just needs to slim down and be more aggressive.

It'll be tough to move him, so I don't think he will be gone the next season.

all this reminiscing on the past season makes me smh @ isiahs substitution patterns. remember he would sit balkman out for like 4 games straight after hebeasts on a game, and sitting nate for no reason, and lets not forget the zbo and curry starting together for so long after getting burnt for so many games.just a big smh at isiah, THANK GOD he is gone.

lol.. yeah gr8 i can feel your pain and why you hate curry, but lets think about it
dude has time.. to come out of this terrible terrible season and become old curry who averaged solid/ok numbers and start getting in shape.. but thats up tothe man himself..

if dude doesnt start taking #%@# seriously he deserves to be removed from the knicks organization.

lets hope for the best..

Francis

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^ I think Z-Bo's presence hurts Curry a lot. Remember that season he played well? He just needs to slim down and be more aggressive.

It'll be tough to move him, so I don't think he will be gone the next season.

NO

no no no

i will not make excuses for that bum if yall remember while yalls were hyping him up last ear i always thought he was a scrub. %!#+ the 19 ppg, he only didthat because the whole @$@$@!* time we ran that ******ed lob it into Curry and stand around offense that i used to rant about every day. It was the mostdysfuncional ******ed offense i have ever seen. He can never EVER put up points like that unless he is the #1 option which can never happen on a winning team,and besides that he brings 0 energy, 0 toughness, 0 defense., 0 passes when he doesnt have anything he either turns it over or chucks up some #**%, he is justpathetic. A God awful anything. I realy dont understand what anybody can see in him. Just get him the %!#+ out of here. You cant win with him, he just bringstoo many flaws, and honestly he does not have one significant strength. I feel that if you add in a math equation the positives and negatves that players bringto a team he would have the lowst value because he is just so bad at everything and is really not good at anything unless we have a no movement offense wherehe gets the ball every time, he cant run, he cant block or rebound, he dont hustle. It is pathetic how some people can see him as a future center for us. Giveus Rose at Lebron, if he starts for us we will NEVER win a chip. There is just too much holes right there for even a team with Lebron + Rose to make up.

EDIT: Old curry is just the same exact person as new Curry but only one that gets the ball every possession. And even in a half court set that offense lastyear with him getting it every time was terrible, but in a D'Antoni running system forget it, you can quote me on this. I WOULD LITERALLY TAKE ANY OTHERCENTER IN THE ENTIRE NBA AND DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE TO START AT CENTER OVER CURRY. because nobody can be as flawed as him, get the $+** rid of him.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Wont happen GR8....dude is really hard to move. With his contract and poor play IDk who would trade for him. We would have to give up picks are well.

^^ehhh Walsh could play him up based on his last years stats. i mean if you look at it he did average over 19, shoot over 50%, and lead the NBA in points inthe paint. With the rarity of centers in the NBA teams will be looking for a post guy, if they know thay can get him for cheap i believe some teams will takethe risk. Alot of teams have been taking risks on players lately. We could just say we are giving him up because he wont fit in with D'Antoni. It will betough but i dont buy that he is untradeable.

^^i would rather take contracts for someone who can maybe contribute in some way, and if not just sit on the bench and do something positive, rather thansomebody who will play and hust the flow of the offense and defense and bring nothing but negatives to the floor. I would rather take on someone who can run alittle and fit in with the system at least. Eddy Curry is the last man we need on this team. He is HORRIBLE.

Eddy Curry isn't exactly "untradeable". There's a severe shortage of centers in the league, and he's only making an average of $10million per year for the remainder of his contract. Based on the money that's thrown around, he's definitely tradeable.

Curry definitely has low-post skill, but he's more hot-dog-bun than run-and-gun.

I read the other day...earlier in Phoenix one season when they had Kurt Thomas, Raja, Marion playing..

They were 4th best in points allowed per possesions, at least until the half way point then maybe someone got hurt? I can't remember the details..

But that's a good sign..they with the correct personnel his teams can play some D...while they might give up a large number of points, it can bemisleading..

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^i would rather take contracts for someone who can maybe contribute in some way, and if not just sit on the bench and do something positive, rather than somebody who will play and hust the flow of the offense and defense and bring nothing but negatives to the floor. I would rather take on someone who can run a little and fit in with the system at least. Eddy Curry is the last man we need on this team. He is HORRIBLE.

I wouldnt want anymore long term contracts. Especially since we're trying to get under the cap right now.

[h1]Knicks hope new coach can lure LeBron James to town[/h1]
By Ian O'Connor / The Record (Hackensack N.J.) | Wednesday, May 14, 2008 | http://www.bostonherald.com | NBA Coverage

0fd1f955a2_knicks05142008.jpg

Photo by AP

NEW YORK - Start with the relationship between Mike D'Antoni and LeBron James.

"A good one," D'Antoni's agent, Warren LeGarie, confirmed Tuesday.

How good?

"Very good," LeGarie said.

Before his client, D'Antoni, or D'Antoni's brand new fan base could get too carried away, the agent maintained that another one of his clients,Cleveland coach Mike Brown, has "an unbelievable relationship" with his franchise player.

But as the Knicks were making the only kind of news they ever make at playoff time - hiring or firing another multimillion-dollar savior - a guy who'sknown the new coach for a quarter century was doing a little talking on the side. And no, LeGarie wasn't tempering the notion that the Knicks already haveone eye on D'Antoni's system and the other on the dreamy prospect of LeBron James running it.

LeGarie reminded that D'Antoni is a Team USA assistant, James a Team USA player. I'll believe that Beijing will emerge from the Olympic Games withmore progressive ideas on human rights before I'll believe D'Antoni and James have never privately talked about someday uniting the ultimatefreewheeling system with the ultimate freewheeling star.

"There's been no promises of anybody being delivered here," LeGarie said. "Does Mike have a good relationship with LeBron on the nationalteam? You bet, because that's his job, to have a good relationship with LeBron.

"Is there any quid pro quo going on here? Absolutely not. ... Would Mike be open to the opportunity? Yeah, how do you not want to coach the best playerin the world?" D'Antoni's Knicks have yet to run their virgin fast break, and still everyone knows the score: The new coach is a living, breathingrecruiting tool, a player's best friend.

Donnie Walsh can't say the chief reason he hired D'Antoni is the hope the coach can convince James - valedictorian-to-be of the free agent class of2010 - that he needs to spend his prime in his all-time favorite gym, Madison Square Garden, where LeBron playfully dropped 50 points on the Knicks inMarch.

Walsh isn't sure James will definitely leave Cleveland. He isn't sure the Knicks will be good enough in two seasons to attract James. And heisn't even sure he'll have the salary cap room to close the deal in the event James does leave Cleveland and the Knicks have improved enough to gethim.

So it serves Walsh little good to paint D'Antoni as a master recruiter, the NBA's answer to Barry Switzer, when so much has to happen between nowand LeBron's liberation. Walsh isn't even allowed to talk about James, currently under contract to an Eastern Conference team making the right kind ofplayoff noise.

Meanwhile, the Knicks' president can't be fined or suspended for letting you read between the lines.

"If you get real good coaches," Walsh said, "I think they attract good players. But I can't tell you that I was making this decisionbased on the fact that down the road, when we get under the cap, that (D'Antoni) would end up getting us players.

"That's part of our plan, but the first thing is trying to get our team playing the right way. ... And then to add to it, you try to get to a pointwhere, yeah, we can go out and get a free agent to put us in a better position."

D'Antoni puts the Knicks in better position to get the one free agent who would put them in a much, much better position.

"There's a lot of wild speculation that this whole thing is set up that way," LeGarie said, referring to the belief that the D'Antoni hirerepresents the first dozen roses sent to LeBron in what will be a not-so-discreet two-year courtship.

"Believe me, we took the job based on the job. ... This is where Mike wanted to come. He really felt he was recruited here."

The recruited now becomes the recruiter. D'Antoni sure has a way about him, a persona that attracts greatness.

When he was a kid in Italy, there to watch his father play pro ball, Kobe Byant idolized D'Antoni, the Italian League legend, and came to wear hisnumber, 8.

Grant Hill took a minimum salary to play for D'Antoni in Phoenix. Shaquille O'Neal bolted Pat Riley's gulag for a chance to play with a coachwho doesn't treat his practice facility as a chamber of punishment and pain.

"Shaq wanted to play for Mike," LeGarie said. "He's been on the phone talking to Mike, and I can't say he's the happiest Shaqthere is right now. He really counted on being there with Mike."

There's Shawn Marion, and then there's the rest of the NBA populace eager to lace them up in D'Antoni's locker room. The coach showed up forhis introduction Tuesday, and all three Knicks in the house - Stephon Marbury, Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson - couldn't say enough nice things aboutthe very man who traded them from Phoenix to New York.

But D'Antoni won't succeed or fail on the strengths and weaknesses of the current roster, a roster scheduled to be gutted as soon as Walsh gets afirm grip on it. D'Antoni's era will be defined by his ability - or lack thereof - to close the deal on a blue-chip recruit from the summer of2010.

So what makes LeBron James tick, Coach?

"About 6-9, 260 pounds of unbelievable athleticism," D'Antoni said. "That helps. He wants to be great."

What have you learned about James in your Team USA travels?

"That he wants to learn Mandarin and conquer the world of Chinese business," D'Antoni said, "that's what I've learned."

Soon enough, the New York coach and the Cleveland star will be sharing a long business flight to Beijing. Off-the-record whispers don't amount totampering in international airspace.

So the game is on. Mike D'Antoni has been unofficially charged to convince LeBron James, Yankees fan, that there's nothing better than going deep in theGarden.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom